******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm definitely sure the US offer will be exactly the same as the Brazilian/Argentinian offer. It's been that way since 2014 and I see no reason why Disney would change it now when they are trying to price everyone out of the offer so they can discontinue it saying the offer was no longer profitable.

Every source I have refers to 4 day hopper being necessary for Free Dining.

Any sources of that outside Brazil and Black?

I'm a newbie so please be patient :) Can you combine FD with the summer room discount or do you have to pay rack rate to get FD (we are going at the end of August). ? Also we were planning to get our tickets through Undercover Tourist; can we link those tickets and qualify for FD or do we have to get them from Disney? We haven't been to WDW since 2007 so I feel a little lost. Thanks!
Sorry but it's a no for all of your questions.

Free dining must be applied or booked to a full rack rate reservation with tickets included. You cannot add free dining to a summer room discount nor buy tickets from a third party vendor.

Fingers crossed everyone is able to get what they want tomorrow. I'm hoping for Pop preferred with ASMu my backup. :) My question is this-how likely am I to get Pop preferred if there aren't any rooms available *now* for my dates? Do they hold any rooms back for promos or is it you just take what's left? (I should seriously know the answer to this one as we've done FD 3 times now! :D)

We loved ASMu but I would like to try Pop as we've never stayed there.

I can see the next devaluation of FD eventually being just 1QS/day at the Values, like the summer deal. if people are willing to pay rack rates and then OOP to upgrade the DP, more money for Disney.

with our school system cracking down on taking your kids out of school for vacation, I think our next trip may be over April vacation with a TA deal.

Any sources of that outside Brazil and Black?
Viajero Magico. I know you guys don't put much stock to any source that isn't American but they have been right for the past 4 years (and only because that's when I started following them) and I'm not about to doubt them now.

Now that we are on the eve of booking our trip DH is really stepping up the "we can't afford it this year" spiel. So I casually pulled up a slideshow of last year's Disney trip on the TV and slowly his face started showing that smile that only Disney brings. I asked "now isn't your heart filled with $3,000 Disney trip joy?" He nods, yup.:jumping1:

Mine thought he was going to be all pouty about it this morning. Yeah, right! I heard the whole "I just don't know how we're going to afford it" blah blah blah.:rolleyes: :rolleyes1Since I'm the one that handles the finances, I think we're ok. (Read that as mama's going to be working her butt off to pay for this trip, LOL)

Fingers crossed everyone is able to get what they want tomorrow. I'm hoping for Pop preferred with ASMu my backup. :) My question is this-how likely am I to get Pop preferred if there aren't any rooms available *now* for my dates? Do they hold any rooms back for promos or is it you just take what's left? (I should seriously know the answer to this one as we've done FD 3 times now! :D)

DIS wisdom says that they do NOT hold back rooms for the promo - why wait to sell at a discount, what might sell at full price? - but the rooms available have been changing rapidly - some days, almost nothing is available, then a few hours later, availability shows up in most categories. So - its a wait and see game, and if they don't have what you want online tomorrow, book what you can and then phone later when the craziness settles down, and see if they can change it for you.

That article is rubish at its best. 2-day park hopper? Wrong. No values mentioned? Wrong again.

Some Facebook pages and groups just want to stir the pot or to quote a saying from Portuguese 'to see the circus catch on fire', as long as they generate clicks and revenue for their own site they don't have a care for the whole picture.
Don't shoot the messenger here..just got the link from another thread. Don't have comments on if they are true or false was just providing the information on where posters were getting their information from.

Would it be best if I cancelled my current reservation and then did a new reservation after the free dining plan drops? I don't nwant to spend hours on the phone.

Viajero Magico. I know you guys don't put much stock to any source that isn't American but they have been right for the past 4 years (and only because that's when I started following them) and I'm not about to doubt them now.

Okay. We will just have to see (I thought that was brazillian? is that SA? And I thought SA said 7 night minimum but some said you didn't really have to do that?)

I have no skin in the game. I'm staying for 10 nights/11 days, with 10 night hopper. BUT, I just don't want anyone to think they are out of it when they still might have a shot. I had not seen confirmation of the 3 night minimum, 2 day PH or PH+ that I heard on Friday afternoon until WDW News Today. So I didn't say anything until there was outside confirmation.

As I understand it, they don't hold rooms but in 2-3 days time, rooms may open up as people cancelled additional reservations they didn't go with and/or holds are released. So even if you don't find what you want in the morning, maybe there's still a bit of hope yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter