• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone planning on trying the new Polite Pig restaurant on their trip? It just opened and I'm reading the review from Disney Food Blog and I was shocked to learn that it will be considered a table service credit. For all intents and purposes it's a counter service meal. The only thing that makes it "different" is that you get a beeper after ordering and they bring your food to your table. But there are other CS locations out there that do that. I've had it happen at places like WPE. I hope this isn't a new sign of things to come for the dining plan. I wanted to try this place out but I may just end up paying OOP or not going at all rather than wasting a TS credit on it.

The menu looks interesting. I would try it as a counter service, but not a TS.

Very crowded at our movie too! I didn't sing out loud, but it was hard not to. The entire time my foot was tapping and there was a silly grin on my face - except for the times I was getting choked up and trying not to let the tears flow. Not because it was sad, but because it's what Disney movies do to me!

I totally feel you on this one! I actually shed a few tears when the Beast lets Belle go back to her father, even though I knew it would all work out in the end. There is a new song sung by the Beast and it just got to me! I tried to make it look like I was tucking my hair behind my ears when I wiped away tears so my mom wouldn't notice!

I've just spent the last 45min pouring over magic band decals on Etsy.

I keep trying to decide if I should order the Star Wars Rey/BB-8 Magic Band. I know we will get MB2's when we go, and I've heard they are more comfortable. But they don't have many Star Wars designs now (I think just Darth Vader and the villain from Rogue One). So if I get the Rey one now, it will be MB1, but I also know they may stop making those and just sell what they have left, so if I don't get it, it could run out and I may not like the ones that are available. I know they have MB decals and skins, but I tend to pick at things, so would probably end up pulling them off. Oh, decisions, decisions!

Just got back from being out of town, so trying to catch up. I read on another thread someone posted they heard FD will drop next Monday April 17th. This person said they read that on the rumors board, so I wouldn't exactly call it reliable info. Anyone else here that read that or has anything to add?

Now let me ask you this, if and when FD comes out, you may have to buy a PH pass, will you use it or not?

I originally figured we'd get Base tiks. Then I thought, oh we may end up with PH's if we get FD, but we won't actually use them. Now, I'm looking at schedules more and I think we will end up with PH's and use them some days, but not every day. For our first day at each park we don't plan on hopping unless the schedules require it (i.e. if SW fireworks and/or ROL aren't shown every day). It's days 5 & 6 that we may adjust, after we've hit every park at least once, to see what we haven't gone on yet, and where to best spend our time. We already have a BOG dinner reservation on Day 5, so will end there, but we will have spent one full day (rope drop & PM EMHs), plus the Halloween party, so we will see if we can get most things done before then and spend the day at another park. Day 6 is departure day, but we have breakfast reservation at BOMA, so probably will start with AK, but may hop somewhere else before leaving for DME.

Is anyone planning on trying the new Polite Pig restaurant on their trip? It just opened and I'm reading the review from Disney Food Blog and I was shocked to learn that it will be considered a table service credit. For all intents and purposes it's a counter service meal. The only thing that makes it "different" is that you get a beeper after ordering and they bring your food to your table. But there are other CS locations out there that do that. I've had it happen at places like WPE. I hope this isn't a new sign of things to come for the dining plan. I wanted to try this place out but I may just end up paying OOP or not going at all rather than wasting a TS credit on it.

I thought it was a quick service? This said it was but it could be wrong.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...e-polite-pig-in-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

If the table has a roll of paper towels on it and you have to go get your own condiments it better not be TS! lol. Looks yummy though.

It would appear the security line is at the resort. I'd research this more. But I saw a few videos where certain resorts had security check points prior to guests entering boat transportation.

Basically the monorail is within the security perimeter. So the monorail resorts go through security at the resort. The rest take a bus/boat to the park and then go through security. But people parking and taking the monorail to the park go through security before getting on the monorail.

Usually we park at TTC and monorail. If we took resort bus where is the security line now that they are doing it at TTC?

It would appear the security line is at the resort. I'd research this more. But I saw a few videos where certain resorts had security check points prior to guests entering boat transportation.

Only the monorail resorts have security AT the resort. Then there is security at the TTC. And for Disney resort bus guests, security is near the dock for the boats coming from TTC and resorts.

The polite pig is from the owners of the ravenous pig. The ravenous pig was a James beard nominee a couple years ago. That's something no counter service is ever gonna get very prestigious award so I think the quality should be well above any counter service.

Just curious..... Do travel agents get to book rooms in advance of GP for special offers?
There is a travel agent that lives in our area that posted on her FB page that she would be busy booking several reservations for her clients today. She didn't say anything more than that..... Just hopeful that FD is being released sooner than later!

Yeah I'm planning budget wise that I have to buy it. We've actually had it in the past too back when my MIL used a TA and you could upsell her on anything but never used it.

I don't know. I don't think I will use it anymore than to maybe catch a nighttime entertainment that was missed because of rain or such.

I am type A but my husband is type A with a little OCD and my 8 year old is high OCD. I don't use that term lightly. His mom was clinical. Things don't go as well for us too loosey goosey if you know what I mean. We need a plan and we need to stick with it. My DH gets anxious, he doesn't want to plan it nor does he really care, but he wants to know I know what we will be doing everyday and at what time. Like he starts the day (even at home) asking what is for dinner and what time. And those times are like in 10 minute increments. I've been married to him for 23 years so it's just my normal now. He isn't too bad and oddly keeps his office a disaster at all times. My daughter asks the plan over and over and then worries if there is a slight change. So we usually don't let her know anything and try to keep her in the moment so she enjoys what we are doing and not the plan. That strategy is getting harder as she gets older. She wants to be more of a part.

Long story short. I'm not sure hopping would work well for us because it just seems like I would be under a ton of stress planning even more. And if there was a travel delay from one park to the other it would cause anxiety for them two. Right now I select park days, make ADRs, make fast passes don't worry too much about more than 3 a day. I have a touring plan but we don't always stick to it exactly.

One day me and my oldest are going to go and just hop around and do whatever we feel like in the moment. Lol!!!
You could just do this to make it simple. Example MK a.m. Lunch. Epcot till Dinner. Dinner. After Dinner back to MK. That way they will have a schedule. We always PH so it doesn't seem very complicated. But now with the car and staying off site it adds another layer I'm trying to figure out. So yeah, any changes considering everything we already do can be overwhelming. But it's all fun right?

I know, but if we're paying for it, we're gonna use it. Most likely to hop to parks in the evening for nighttime entertainment. MVMCP is going on several nights while we're there, and we've already done the party several times, not doing it this year. So we'll go to MK on a party day (usually very uncrowded on party days), and maybe hop to Epcot or somewhere else for their night time entertainment.
Thats a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter