******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you park in one park and use the transportation system or do you move your car? And...with the new security system at the TTC, what would you do to start the day at MK?

Usually we park at TTC and monorail. If we took resort bus where is the security line now that they are doing it at TTC?

Ok. I can't help. We do one park a day.
Oh, thanks anyway, you tried. We definitely park hop, so trying to figure out a strategy. Now let me ask you this, if and when FD comes out, you may have to buy a PH pass, will you use it or not?

Do you park in one park and use the transportation system or do you move your car? And...with the new security system at the TTC, what would you do to start the day at MK?
We always drive and move the car if we PH. But that was before the express bus. This trip I think we will do express busses so we just do security in the morning and not worry the rest of the day. I can't imagine it would be any tougher to go to MK. I think it might be easier to get through security.

I did this last year. They told me they didn't have the availability to add another day to FD but I could get a ro discount for one night....makes sense right? Anyways I called about once a month and checked daily for all my dates with no luck. Then I called after the FD offer booking period was over to ask a question about something and the cm said "I can combine this to one reservation with free dining, you would just owe the extra to pay rack rate" I don't understand the rhyme or reason of it all but if you need to do it this way, keep asking.
This is what happened to us last year also. I called after free dining had ended and I wanted to add another day to my vacation and they told me that they could look to see if all of the free dining days had been used up and one hadn't been used so I was able to add another day under free dining to my reservation.

OK this is or those who fly SW I am planning on going ahead a booking my flight there and back. I keep waiting and the flight back has now increased by 40.00. I was going to use my card with points to fly three down for free plus tax and use my husband card for the first time and get 200 off for the first use by booking a flight. My question is if I have to move dates will they let me book a different flight and date?

OK this is or those who fly SW I am planning on going ahead a booking my flight there and back. I keep waiting and the flight back has now increased by 40.00. I was going to use my card with points to fly three down for free plus tax and use my husband card for the first time and get 200 off for the first use by booking a flight. My question is if I have to move dates will they let me book a different flight and date?

Yes. No change fee on sw. If the price is cheaper and you use sw points you get the points back. If it's cash you get travel credit to use within a year. Sw prices are all over the place. Flight down started at 134 then dropped to 122, 96, 86. Now it's up to 113.

Yes. No change fee on sw. If the price is cheaper and you use sw points you get the points back. If it's cash you get travel credit to use within a year. Sw prices are all over the place. Flight down started at 134 then dropped to 122, 96, 86. Now it's up to 113.
Thank You :thanks:

Oh, thanks anyway, you tried. We definitely park hop, so trying to figure out a strategy. Now let me ask you this, if and when FD comes out, you may have to buy a PH pass, will you use it or not?

Yeah I'm planning budget wise that I have to buy it. We've actually had it in the past too back when my MIL used a TA and you could upsell her on anything but never used it.

I don't know. I don't think I will use it anymore than to maybe catch a nighttime entertainment that was missed because of rain or such.

I am type A but my husband is type A with a little OCD and my 8 year old is high OCD. I don't use that term lightly. His mom was clinical. Things don't go as well for us too loosey goosey if you know what I mean. We need a plan and we need to stick with it. My DH gets anxious, he doesn't want to plan it nor does he really care, but he wants to know I know what we will be doing everyday and at what time. Like he starts the day (even at home) asking what is for dinner and what time. And those times are like in 10 minute increments. I've been married to him for 23 years so it's just my normal now. He isn't too bad and oddly keeps his office a disaster at all times. My daughter asks the plan over and over and then worries if there is a slight change. So we usually don't let her know anything and try to keep her in the moment so she enjoys what we are doing and not the plan. That strategy is getting harder as she gets older. She wants to be more of a part.

Long story short. I'm not sure hopping would work well for us because it just seems like I would be under a ton of stress planning even more. And if there was a travel delay from one park to the other it would cause anxiety for them two. Right now I select park days, make ADRs, make fast passes don't worry too much about more than 3 a day. I have a touring plan but we don't always stick to it exactly.

One day me and my oldest are going to go and just hop around and do whatever we feel like in the moment. Lol!!!

Yes although if flight prices is more on the new flight you will be required to pay the difference. You probably knew that but just making sure it wasn't a surprise if it happened.

Checking out Express Transportation, anyone in here use it?
I was just going to ask about this… this is the first time we bought PH tickets and was thinking if we are going to do the PH then we might as well give this a try it should save time and the price isn't bad at all for the weekly pass. Hopefully someone on her has used it before and can give us an opinion on it. Do you know if it goes to Disney Springs too? There is one day where we have a T-rex Lunch, but then want to go to MK for the MNSSHP that night and would love the faster transportation.

Yes. You may not be able to keep your "early bird" if you have already paid for that. But, I recommend that you call and do this through a SW agent. They are very helpful.

Yes. You may not be able to keep your "early bird" if you have already paid for that. But, I recommend that you call and do this through a SW agent. They are very helpful.

They actually let you keep your early bird too. Last year I modified my family's flights 3 times- some were purchased with points and some on my credit card. I purchased early bird with the first transaction and it transferred each time.

Checking out Express Transportation, anyone in here use it?

Not yet. This upcoming trip will be the first time for us using Exp Transportation. I'm excited to streamline moving between parks. I believe it will be worth it.
Btw, we always drive. In the past, we've parked at TTC and monorail to/from MK & Epcot. If we PH to AK or HWS, we'll move the car.

Wow! I wish my airfares to FL looked like that. I have my return flight booked and consider it a deal at $625 each for my family of four....making it a grand total of $2500. That's just for airfare alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter