• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do this, will you be able to transfer your ADR's from reservation to the other? I'd hate to lose what i booked weeks in advance.

Also, if you booked with a TA, can you do the modifications or would you have to use the TA? Or, do you call and then book a whole new reservation?

Your ADR's aren't tied to your resort, so you will not lose them. :) The TA would have to modify your resort. I would just book a new reservation online.

:wave2: Hi Candice! How was your trip? I'm thinking of booking POP this trip, but would be more than happy to book CBR if they're handing out $75 gift cards. ::yes::

Just checked my dates and looks like only pirate rooms available for now.
Hi cshell I'm glad to see you back here too!!:yay: Our trip was so much fun last year except the last 3 days MK was a little too busy for us. We are trying a week earlier this time to see if it is a little better. I meant to report back and give an update but I was so behind on getting ready for Christmas I couldn't find the time.:sad2: I have heard good things about POP but I haven't stayed there because we need a room for 5. A $75 gift card per night of stay at CBR is a great deal! If we could combine it with FD even better! Right now we are booked at POR and I am a little hopeful that maybe they will offer that if CBR books up. I've missed planning on these threads! The kids and DH get tired of listening to me talk about Disney all the time, LOL! Well except DS10, I think I am making him a bit obsessed too!:love:

Following. Booked at CBR Sept 10th thru 16th. Was hoping for free dining but nervous now even though the 75 dollars a night gc is nice.

Hi cshell I'm glad to see you back here too!!:yay: Our trip was so much fun last year except the last 3 days MK was a little too busy for us. We are trying a week earlier this time to see if it is a little better. I meant to report back and give an update but I was so behind on getting ready for Christmas I couldn't find the time.:sad2: I have heard good things about POP but I haven't stayed there because we need a room for 5. A $75 gift card per night of stay at CBR is a great deal! If we could combine it with FD even better! Right now we are booked at POR and I am a little hopeful that maybe they will offer that if CBR books up. I've missed planning on these threads! The kids and DH get tired of listening to me talk about Disney all the time, LOL! Well except DS10, I think I am making him a bit obsessed too!:love:
Glad to hear you had a fun trip! Hope you enjoyed your stay at POR :). My mom is planning on going with us this trip (not sure about my dad yet) and I know she will enjoy the art class at AoA so that's why I'm leaning toward booking at POP so we can just walk over to AoA. We really enjoy staying at POP, but if FD is offered at POR, I might be tempted :scratchin. I'm already tempted with the CBR deal, but it would have to be for something other than pirate rooms pirate:. I was able to discuss a few dining options and Halloween ideas with the girls today. I usually get no help planning the trips, but that's ok because I can be a little OCD about planning :laughing:. That's why I like planning here because it's Disney talk all day everyday. :D

Last edited:
Just booked for nine nights staying at Caribbean Beach September 22 through October 1. The $75 per night gift card was one of the main reasons we pull the trigger on staying at this resort. My wife and I tore the parks from Rope drop to park closing, so the construction from 9 to 5 will not affect us at all. After doing the math there was an $800 difference if We stayed at Pop Century then staying at Caribbean Beach but after the $75 gift card times nine days equals $675, and hoping for free dining to come out during the month of September which has usually been the case which would've cost us an additional $400, we are actually ahead of the game by $275. Plus it's a chance to stay had another moderate resort.

Ya it looks like CSR and POFQ are the only mods with standards available those dates.

Are you really set on those dates or do you have flexibility of when you can go? If you could go before that there is standard room availability at CBR, POFQ and CSR starting November 9.:)

We're set on our dates! We're traveling while we and kids have time off for Thanksgiving! I hope we haven't made a mistake waiting to book! :scared:

ETA: And we need two rooms!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if that $75 gift card offer is going to be combinable with any promos? Or is that what we are all waiting to see?
My thinking is I will book CBR as a room only with the offer. If a room only discount came out and was combinable with the gift card it would be a great promo if I can't get free dining. If I can get free dining, I'll move wherever.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you had a fun trip! Hope you enjoyed your stay at POR :). My mom is planning on going with us this trip (not sure about my dad yet) and I know she will enjoy the art class at AoA so that's why I'm leaning toward booking at POP so we can just walk over to AoA. We really enjoy staying at POP, but if FD is offered at POR, I might be tempted :scratchin. I'm already tempted with the CBR deal, but it would have to be for something other than pirate rooms pirate:. I was able to discuss a few dining options and Halloween ideas with the girls today. I usually get no help planning the trips, but that's ok because I can be a little OCD about planning :laughing:. That's why I like planning here because it's Disney talk all day everyday. :D
I think we will have to try AOA one of these times because my DD would love the art class! I can be a little OCD with the Disney planning too and this forum is great for all of us Disney crazy people, LOL. My oldest DS is the only one not (yet) bored by my Disney talk. He loves to explore so he is on a mission to try and book ADR's at resorts we've never been to yet so he can explore.:)

Just booked for nine nights staying at Caribbean Beach September 22 through October 1. The $75 per night gift card was one of the main reasons we pull the trigger on staying at this resort. My wife and I tore the parks from Rope drop to park closing, so the construction from 9 to 5 will not affect us at all. After doing the math there was an $800 difference if We stayed at Pop Century then staying at Caribbean Beach but after the $75 gift card times nine days equals $675, and hoping for free dining to come out during the month of September which has usually been the case which would've cost us an additional $400, we are actually ahead of the game by $275. Plus it's a chance to stay had another moderate resort.

Our dates are basically the same as yours 22nd-30th and I tried to switch to cbr yesterday And they said no availability..

We're set on our dates! We're traveling while we and kids have time off for Thanksgiving! I hope we haven't made a mistake waiting to book! :scared:

ETA: And we need two rooms!
If you are going with or without FD I would book now to secure your rooms. Last year more inventory became available in the following weeks after the initial FD rush so just be persistent and have backup choices! We went before Thanksgiving last year so I don't know how fast it books up for your days. Disneylover99 knows alot about all things Disney and might have a better idea on that time frame than me.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter