• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a TA once and she really didn't have access to anything more than me. Do you think TA's have an edge this year? I'm honestly checking like 3 or 4 times an hour. My gut says they don't. Your thoughts?
there is a TA that has Exclusive Deals for WDW; we are not allowed to discuss said agency here.

I'm thinking about booking Pop for the last week of November and hoping to be able to add FD later if I can catch a time when more rooms are released into the promo pool. Is this a terrible idea, or do you guys think there's a shred of hope? Sentiment surrounding FD seems to be pretty glum in general this year.

I'm thinking about booking Pop for the last week of November and hoping to be able to add FD later if I can catch a time when more rooms are released into the promo pool. Is this a terrible idea, or do you guys think there's a shred of hope? Sentiment surrounding FD seems to be pretty glum in general this year.

As depressing as this year's FD has been, I would not give up. I'm hoping that between now and my dates WDW will release more dates. It's not a matter of availability because there are plenty of rooms for my dates. You can check non FD and the rooms are there. Good luck!

My date for ADR's is tomorrow. We are going to try and book as soon as they open. We really want BOG for lunch. Has anyone used a reservation service from Touring Plans? Any tips?

My date for ADR's is tomorrow. We are going to try and book as soon as they open. We really want BOG for lunch. Has anyone used a reservation service from Touring Plans? Any tips?

I like the service. Wish it worked on dining packages.

Our ADRs opened today and I was able to get s BOG lunch for the 21st. If you are up when it opens online you should be able to get it.

Our ADRs opened today and I was able to get s BOG lunch for the 21st. If you are up when it opens online you should be able to get it.

My understanding is BOG is a counter service at lunch. Is that correct? Was your date Nov. 21. My dates are at POP 11/18-11/24.

Question - when free dining came out I jumped on it and gave up our prefered room at CBR for a pirate room. I am wondering if there is any chance to get an "upgrade" at check in? Four adults and full size beds may make for a long week. Has anuone ever tried this?

The reservation service works great. However, I recommend trying to get all of your ADR's yourself as soon as they open and then use the service for anything you aren't able to get. The service will keep searching for you and if there are cancellations that go back into the pool you will be notified. A few times I didn't see my notification in time and missed out. This is why I suggest using it as a back up.

My understanding is BOG is a counter service at lunch. Is that correct? Was your date Nov. 21. My dates are at POP 11/18-11/24.
I did mine at 5am CST this morning and got lunch on the 21st for BOG and yes, it is counter service for lunch. Also, just looked at thanksgiving dinner options and Ohana, 1900 Patk Fare, BOG, and Garden Grill were still avail for party of 4.

Planning my ADR's for our 180 tomorrow. We haven't been to Chef Mickey's in 10 years. What's the food like? Anything like Crystal Palace?

Planning my ADR's for our 180 tomorrow. We haven't been to Chef Mickey's in 10 years. What's the food like? Anything like Crystal Palace?
Chef Mickey's does not get very good reviews here on the DIS. We've done it a few times and won't go back. IMO too many parents letting kids run wild at the buffet; food all over the place, kids using their hands..... Crystal Palace is way better. Our kids wanted to do CM Last November, I booked Tusker House instead and we really enjoyed the meal. Picky eaters in our group so we did breakfast.

We enjoy the food more at CP. We have done two of the seasonal meals at Hollywood & Vine and thought the food was better there as well.

Yes, Chef Mickey's is crazy. My family looooves Tusker House Breakfast. I would have a revolt on my hands if I didn't book it. Our ADR day was Saturday. We are traveling with friends this year, so we are a party of 8. I was really worried about getting anything for that many, but I got BOG lunch on the 20th, 1900 Park Fare for dinner on Thanksgiving, and biggest shock of all - Beaches & Cream on Tuesday the 21st. We are going to try Minnie's Holiday Dine for the first time, so I'm glad to hear it was liked. Still waiting for Rivers of Light packages to drop and Candlelight Processional packages.

Yes, Chef Mickey's is crazy. My family looooves Tusker House Breakfast. I would have a revolt on my hands if I didn't book it. Our ADR day was Saturday. We are traveling with friends this year, so we are a party of 8. I was really worried about getting anything for that many, but I got BOG lunch on the 20th, 1900 Park Fare for dinner on Thanksgiving, and biggest shock of all - Beaches & Cream on Tuesday the 21st. We are going to try Minnie's Holiday Dine for the first time, so I'm glad to hear it was liked. Still waiting for Rivers of Light packages to drop and Candlelight Processional packages.
Food at Holiday Dine is not the best, but better (imo) than Chef Mickey's dinner. Holiday outfits and Santa Goofy pic are really cute.

Crystal Palace November availability is now open so go get those ADR's if you've been waiting.
I was Just coming here to post about it, got Notification from Touring Plans reservation Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter