******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me?! I don't know what I'm doing wrong and all these numbers are getting on my nerves and not adding up! I am traveling with my parents, myself and 3 kids (9, 5 & 3). We are booked for AoA family suite Nov 11-19, paid dining (the regular- not quick or deluxe) and 4 day base tickets. Our reservation total is $7,695.59... I'm trying to figure out their portion vs my portion. Does anyone know how to figure this out? I know their ticket portion is $745.50 and my ticket portion is $1,427.10. How can I figure out the dining and room? When I called Disney for a breakdown the lady told me to make fake reservations for 2 adults and another for 1 adult, 3 kids and then figure out the difference but that's not working either... Thanks, I'm sure someone is a lot better crunching numbers than I am :D

Can someone help me?! I don't know what I'm doing wrong and all these numbers are getting on my nerves and not adding up! I am traveling with my parents, myself and 3 kids (9, 5 & 3). We are booked for AoA family suite Nov 11-19, paid dining (the regular- not quick or deluxe) and 4 day base tickets. Our reservation total is $7,695.59... I'm trying to figure out their portion vs my portion. Does anyone know how to figure this out? I know their ticket portion is $745.50 and my ticket portion is $1,427.10. How can I figure out the dining and room? When I called Disney for a breakdown the lady told me to make fake reservations for 2 adults and another for 1 adult, 3 kids and then figure out the difference but that's not working either... Thanks, I'm sure someone is a lot better crunching numbers than I am :D

Hello! You have the cost of the tickets right. I don't know exactly how you plan on "splitting" the cost of the room, but I would back out the food and ticket cost first and then deal with the room portion in whatever way you feel. The dining plan costs $69.35 per adult per night and $24.95 per child per night. So your dining cost for 8 nights would be $1153.60 and your parents would be $1109.60. After subtracting out tickets and dining you are left with a room cost of $3259.79. Hope this helps!

Was going to say the same thing as Van. Hope Van's post helps.

Hello! You have the cost of the tickets right. I don't know exactly how you plan on "splitting" the cost of the room, but I would back out the food and ticket cost first and then deal with the room portion in whatever way you feel. The dining plan costs $69.35 per adult per night and $24.95 per child per night. So your dining cost for 8 nights would be $1153.60 and your parents would be $1109.60. After subtracting out tickets and dining you are left with a room cost of $3259.79. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much!!! Helps a lot!!

I was until yesterday. I booked CBR for 11/25-12/3 with GC but wasn't able to add FD so I booked AOA with FD and planned on just cancelling CBR if I couldn't get FD by the end of last week. Yesterday I go on ready to cancel and decided to check one last time. There it was! CBR with FD so I changed my reservation and I now have CBR with FD and GC's. Don't give up because there is still hope.

What room type? I just can't find any standard, just preferred or less than 5 in the room. I have 14 nights booked in a standard in September. I'm trying to slide it. Nothing. They won't even let me reduce the amount of days and stay in the standard.

What room type? I just can't find any standard, just preferred or less than 5 in the room. I have 14 nights booked in a standard in September. I'm trying to slide it. Nothing. They won't even let me reduce the amount of days and stay in the standard.

I had to upgrade to preferred but it wasnt' much more than what I had. Having five people in our family makes it hard on us as well.

Hi, I ran the numbers and I came up with your portion would be $4,210.59 and your parents would be $3,485.00 Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

M

We booked H&v holiday dine for Thanksgiving. I thought the pics of food on Disney food blog looked really good! Is it just going to be Golden Corral with characters??

We did the holiday dine last year after thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. Food was definitely good, not at all on Golden Corral level. Perfectly cooked, well seasoned. Lots of Variety. We had a 4:30 mealtime, so maybe the buffet food was more fresh then vs later - I will definitely be back!

Have any of you ever had luck adding an extra day to a free dining package as it got closer to the payment deadline? I booked my package, but transferred it to a friend of mine who is a new TA. Prior to doing this, a CM on the phone was quite optimistic about calling back often to see if something opened up. The CM said people cancel and days open every year. My TA friend said her boss' reply to the possibility was "don't hold your breath". I don't mind calling in every day to check, but I'm guessing I will now need to text/conference the TA if a night opens up. Anyone ever find themselves in a similar predicament? It really makes me want to take care of everything on my own from here on.

I understand having a friend you want to help, but hearing ssomething like that from her boss, doesn't give me much confidence that they try and go the extra mile. I would call and if possible do it on a line that has a three way so you can confrence in your friend.

Have any of you ever had luck adding an extra day to a free dining package as it got closer to the payment deadline? I booked my package, but transferred it to a friend of mine who is a new TA. Prior to doing this, a CM on the phone was quite optimistic about calling back often to see if something opened up. The CM said people cancel and days open every year. My TA friend said her boss' reply to the possibility was "don't hold your breath". I don't mind calling in every day to check, but I'm guessing I will now need to text/conference the TA if a night opens up. Anyone ever find themselves in a similar predicament? It really makes me want to take care of everything on my own from here on.

I think your friend is doing all she can do for you, but honestly what her boss is saying is pretty true. I am sure she will keep checking, but it is pretty rare anymore to add days on later. If you want those days, add them now if available. And contrary to popular belief and what some CM's say...when someone cancels that room does not go back into inventory for the promo. They re-evaluate and if they can offer it again they will, but they don't always. If you want more days than what you can currently get...try adding 2 or 3 days on to the end and see if that is available...many are having luck booking a 10 day trip and in most cases they can then call and take a day or 2 off.
But in reality, Free dining is SUPER limited anymore. Disney is slowly doing away with it by taking more things away each year or making you add more to get it.
And the phone CM's are terrible and not always trained well. You would get better info from your friend and her boss than you will from a phone CM...many of them work from home and don't have the best training....now there are some really good ones....but there are some really bad ones too and if they give any predictions then I would not put any money on it as they are only guessing themselves.

If any of you are still searching, looks like Disney just added additional room inventory. Found a standard room at POR for our full stay in August. Definitely doing a little happy dance on this rainy morning!

I've continued to check for additional options for our November dates, but no luck so far. This gives me (probably false ;) ) hope that there is a chance.

If any of you are still searching, looks like Disney just added additional room inventory. Found a standard room at POR for our full stay in August. Definitely doing a little happy dance on this rainy morning!

Lots of new availability in September! Randomly looking for my SIL who now wants to join us, and tons of Value and Mod availability!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this! I checked availability after reading this yesterday. By moving our reservation two days and switching from AllStar Music Suites to two connecting rooms at ASMu, we were able to save $400! Yay!

Thanks so much for posting this! I checked availability after reading this yesterday. By moving our reservation two days and switching from AllStar Music Suites to two connecting rooms at ASMu, we were able to save $400! Yay!

Just remember that connecting rooms are a request--no guarantee! Don't know how important that is for your family. But congrats on the move!

Just remember that connecting rooms are a request--no guarantee! Don't know how important that is for your family. But congrats on the move!

Yeah, it's interesting though, that is supposed to be the policy, but every time we book connecting rooms, they tell us (when booking by phone) that since we have children it is guaranteed. So far, they have always kept their word (and we've had connecting rooms several times), so hopefully it will work out again.

Thank you for posting this!
We got our extra day in November at ASMu yesterday!!
Now we don't have to check out if a room and move into another the next day! (Six nights in the same room and FD for all our stay = mega happy dance!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter