Off to see the "Real Tree" - April 19th - April 26th! Ali's Wish Trip PTR!

Periodically, please remind me that it's not safe to go lurking in some of the forums here. Hitting a nine month old? For biting while nursing? Really? There are some things that I'll never be able to wrap my head around.:sad2:

Oh Kelly, that is nothing!!! You should see some of the stuff that is posted. I try to laugh, but then realize alot of it is just not funny.:sad2:

5 days!!!! Are you hanging in there ok??? How is Ali????

BTW....of this entire trip, the only thing that is making me nervous is flying Southwest. I told you before how much I HATE their seating policy!! I think you should be ok, since you are leaving on a Monday and most of the school vacation crowds will have missed you. You're flying out of Manchester, right? The airport is really small too which makes it nicer. What time are your flights? Have you checked the SW site to see if your flights are sold out?

Thinking of you!!!

Hey there,
We just flew Southwest and wanted to share a few things:
1. print boarding passes the day before (up to 24hours before flight). This way you can check in with the skycap at the curb (even at orlando -- though you have to drop off your car first). The lines at the desks were CONSIDERABLY longer. But you're flying out of Manchester, right? Maybe the lines won't be bad at either place. It helped in ORL. Also, the computer in the GKTW office has shortcuts to all the airlines so you can print out your boarding passes. Enter info, press print and they "magically appear" at the front desk.;);)

2. Go to the checkin desk at the gate and tell them you are on a Wish Trip. They will give you a blue preboarding slip. We didn't even ask in providence -- the lady saw our shirts and our CREW! (We made quite the impression at 6am) We had to ask in Orlando, but there was no problem if our whole party pre boarded (this included my mom and sister). It helps if you are all wearing some sort of wish shirt or has a kid with you! ;)

Hope this helps!

I'm so excited for you!!!!

Periodically, please remind me that it's not safe to go lurking in some of the forums here. Hitting a nine month old? For biting while nursing? Really? There are some things that I'll never be able to wrap my head around.:sad2:

OMG tell me about it! Generally I get sucked in where someone asks a simple question and then the Disney police come out and start making all sorts of judgements and telling half-truths to try and shame/scare people into doing what they think is the 'right thing'. I've gotten in trouble on those threads (my dry sarcastic sense of humor doesn't translate well on a message board). Actually I even got a warning once (subsequently reversed) because I jokingly asked someone if she didn't have some laundry to do (instead of continuing to nitpik my 'logical' response). I'm a baaaaaad baby sometimes :guilty:

Time's marchin' on here! Are you ready?????

Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Oh, and don't forget to pack that lovely red and white polka-dotted dress I remember seeing you in;) (post #247 in case you have forgotten)

Hi Kelly!!!

I won't have much computer time for the rest of the weekend!! Headed out to a Cheer Comp!!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!! Hopefully we will see you around AKL!!!!

omg that is awful!! No don't lurk away girlie. Just feel the love from your fellow wish trippers who trully appreciate our sweeties. And all sweeties for that matter!

Hugs!

That's horrid!! I so would have went off on that thread! :headache: Have these people lost it somewhere? I don't wanna know where you lurked.... a dark corner perhaps? I prefer the sunnier side please!

That's pretty much how I feel. I did get involved and tried to spread some logic, but it didn't go over so well. Apparently if you don't hit your kid, she must be terribly misbehaved. Now that's some good logic for ya!:thumbsup2

Oh Kelly, that is nothing!!! You should see some of the stuff that is posted. I try to laugh, but then realize alot of it is just not funny.:sad2:

5 days!!!! Are you hanging in there ok??? How is Ali????

BTW....of this entire trip, the only thing that is making me nervous is flying Southwest. I told you before how much I HATE their seating policy!! I think you should be ok, since you are leaving on a Monday and most of the school vacation crowds will have missed you. You're flying out of Manchester, right? The airport is really small too which makes it nicer. What time are your flights? Have you checked the SW site to see if your flights are sold out?

Thinking of you!!!

Have you flown SWA before? I haven't...I think I'm feeling a little reassured that it will be okay, especially flying out of Manchester. Our flights are at 11:50am and 5:15. I haven't checked to see if they're sold out or not, though. I do have to give SWA props, though, because they refunded the entire cost of Gabe's flight after I called and explained the situation. They will never understand how much I appreciated that, not just because we needed the money, but because of the emotional ties to the purchase. You guys are getting close, too!:cool1:

Hey there,
We just flew Southwest and wanted to share a few things:
1. print boarding passes the day before (up to 24hours before flight). This way you can check in with the skycap at the curb (even at orlando -- though you have to drop off your car first). The lines at the desks were CONSIDERABLY longer. But you're flying out of Manchester, right? Maybe the lines won't be bad at either place. It helped in ORL. Also, the computer in the GKTW office has shortcuts to all the airlines so you can print out your boarding passes. Enter info, press print and they "magically appear" at the front desk.;);)

2. Go to the checkin desk at the gate and tell them you are on a Wish Trip. They will give you a blue preboarding slip. We didn't even ask in providence -- the lady saw our shirts and our CREW! (We made quite the impression at 6am) We had to ask in Orlando, but there was no problem if our whole party pre boarded (this included my mom and sister). It helps if you are all wearing some sort of wish shirt or has a kid with you! ;)

Hope this helps!

I'm so excited for you!!!!

Thanks you so much! I feel MUCH better after reading this!:goodvibes Great start to your TR, by the way. I can't wait to read more!

OMG tell me about it! Generally I get sucked in where someone asks a simple question and then the Disney police come out and start making all sorts of judgements and telling half-truths to try and shame/scare people into doing what they think is the 'right thing'. I've gotten in trouble on those threads (my dry sarcastic sense of humor doesn't translate well on a message board). Actually I even got a warning once (subsequently reversed) because I jokingly asked someone if she didn't have some laundry to do (instead of continuing to nitpik my 'logical' response). I'm a baaaaaad baby sometimes :guilty:

You? Get sucked in and then slapped on the hand? I don't believe it!:rotfl2: I get your humor, and I find it even funnier when I get it but other people clearly don't. Though sometimes it makes me cringe a bit, because I can see when things are going to end up bad.:lmao:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Getting so excited for you :-)

You are soo close!! YAYY!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::yay:

Boy you guys are so close hope you have a great time. :wizard:

Thanks you!!!!!!

Time's marchin' on here! Are you ready?????

Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Oh, and don't forget to pack that lovely red and white polka-dotted dress I remember seeing you in;) (post #247 in case you have forgotten)

Ha ha ha! It's all packed and ready to go. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!:lmao:

Hi Kelly!!!

I won't have much computer time for the rest of the weekend!! Headed out to a Cheer Comp!!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!! Hopefully we will see you around AKL!!!!

Thank you! PMing you my number. I don't have texting, but feel free to give a ring once you're settled in if you want to meet up!:thumbsup2

You're so close! Are the girls sleeping at all?? I wouldn't be!

I'm so excited for you!

I don't know who's more off the wall - the kids or the grow-ups! Tomorrow will be even worse once last minute mode kicks in.:scared1:

I can't believe that this is happening. I did have a moment yesterday afternoon when the dismissal bell for the day rang, and it was like, "Wow, this is really happening!" I can't imagine how emotional I will be on Monday. Mental note - refrain from using mascara!:rotfl2: For someone who started packing and planning ages ago, I can't believe how much I have to do!:scared1: First on the agenda is to make a good house cleaning music mix. I love that we have house sitters and don't need to worry about shipping off our animals, but I hate all the work that goes into getting it ready. And, I'm a bit nervous because we're not using our regular couple. Instead, we're using high school students (seniors) for the first time. We know them and their families well, and their parents live right down the street, but I'm still nervous.

Okay, time to get off the 'puter, though I know I will be back before too long. Procrastination at its finest!:rotfl2:

I can't believe that this is happening. I did have a moment yesterday afternoon when the dismissal bell for the day rang, and it was like, "Wow, this is really happening!" I can't imagine how emotional I will be on Monday. Mental note - refrain from using mascara!:rotfl2:

Just wait until you're walking down Main Street USA (if that's your first park, Maybe it is AK- can't remember). I always get a bit teary walking in. This last time was even more so because of Megan. I can't wait until you go and then come back because *I* want to hear all about it. I also think you should post that you're going on the FP in the random section- I'm sure others would be so happy for you and Ali too! And Maya too!

HAVE A FUN TRIP!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Lynn

I had double the luck today! I met two of our families - actually one and a half as Phoebe and her Mom were still sleeping but Tessa (who is really cute) was full of energy as predicted and DH was trying to keep up! Tessa might be running the show! They are having a great time.

According to Grandma, Ali has been a bit overwhelmed by everything but Mya is really into it. Neither child seemed overwhelmed this morning on the Carousel. Both were smiling and laughing. I missed Kelly as she had gone to get the car. We have also had some rain so they are hoping for better weather so they can enjoy the pool. Our weather is improving.

Thank goodness for the "big give." I saw the outfits and thought "Wish Trippers"!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter