Off to see the "Real Tree" - April 19th - April 26th! Ali's Wish Trip PTR!

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this PTR!!! And I am very excited that it is so close to your big day!!! I'm only on page 15 :lmao: but I am definitely loving all of the pics. You have a beautiful family!
Thank you!:goodvibes

YAY for G-Pa!! Wheres G-Ma?:goodvibes
Good question! I don't know why I don't have more pictures of her!

OMG I just love that second picture of g-pa (post #407) :rotfl2: I don't know, something about it just sent me giggling! He looks like a great sport. No doubt you all will have a great time together on this trip:goodvibes

I can't believe you are going next week????? Where the heck did the time go?:eek:
He is a good sport, and we do really enjoy spending time with them. When Maya was a baby, we used to tease him that he's never had to change a diaper in his life. While on vacation once, we challenged him to changing one of Maya's poopy diapers. We have the most hilarious picture of him trying to figure out what to do. I still laugh when I see it.:rotfl2: I can't believe we're going next week, either!:scared1:

I did find out that GKTW has bed rails (that's why I emailed our wish coordinator. Our coordinator has also offered to rent us a stroller. We are bring an umbrella stroller for Elke for the airports, etc, so I wonder whether we should just say no. But if it's a lot more comfortable....

I'm really beginning to look forward to this trip. I think that the fact that I haven't let myself plan like crazy has actually been helpful, ironically, in keeping my stress levels down. I just want us to be able to enjoy ourselves.

Of course, I do have dining reservations, and basic plans re where to go each day. So I guess I'm still somewhat in control freak mode. But at least I haven't made a commando "plan of attack" for each park!

Have you decided if you are going to do any of the parties/events at GKTW aside from the Christmas party?
I would totally go for the rented stroller. I know Orlando Stroller Rentals has the City Mini, which is what we have for Ali, and we LOVE it! She fits in it pretty comfortably even though she's very tall for her age, it reclines totally flat, and it has the hugest sunshade ever. We actually went ahead and rented the next size up for her thinking she'll be more comfortable in it for hours at a time knowing that she'll probably spend a lot of time in it.

I'm glad that you're starting to look forward to things.:goodvibes We haven't really done more than plan what parks on which days and our ADRs. Otherwise, we're going to wing it. We have actually planned quite a bit of down time at GKTW, so I think our plan is to try and hit most of the evening activities there. I can't wait!

All of those shirts are great! The colors of those outfits are perfect for spring!

Love the pics of G-pa and G-ma. They are your parents, right?

Maybe they knew that you were refusing to do any planning ahead of time so they are saving it until the last minute. :lmao:

I'm trying to refrain from emailing or calling ours, but it's tough. If I don't hear anything over the weekend I'm definitely calling! We have the flight info, but don't we need tickets? :confused3
They're actually my inlaws. We do get along very well, though. You're much more disciplined than I am. I don't think I would be able to stop myself from emailing them!:rotfl2: As for the flight tickets, I think it depends on what airline you're flying. We're going Southwest, and there are no tickets. We have an itinerary and flight numbers, and we were told to just bring that to the ticket counter.

How is your packing going? I'm going to skip over to your PTR next to see how you're making out.:rolleyes1

Oh my!

I love, love, love the pictures of gpa and grma!

The girls are darling in their MAW outfits... tooooo cccuuuttee!!!

Monica
Thank you!

Grandma and Grandpa look so cute! Have they really never been to Disney?? I think it is so neat that they get to go along for the wish trip and everyone had to experience Disney atleast once!

I am just like Tracie, my items often (okay always) lack notes! I think a note might have made it into a box once! Of course I have no good excuse besides I don't want to look for pretty paper and don't want to write it on ugly paper! :confused3

Love the wish shirts! Can't wait for your trip to get here!
Over the weekend, my fil said, "I think maybe we've been before, but I don't really remember. I'm not quite sure what that means! If they have been, it was before my husband was born because he has not been. I totally get it on the notes. I'm terrible about signing my name to things and was actually just reprimanded at work for not putting my name to a note I left for my vice principal.:rolleyes1

How cool gma and gpa got shirts too. I love them! The girls outfits are adorable. I love the colors.

We got our Disney/Genie packet and check one week before we were supposed to leave.
Thank you!

Okay, so now that this week is over, I'm officially getting excited! I have soooo much to do this weekend, not the least of which being cleaning my house for the house/dog sitter.:scared1: I have to do some clothes shopping for me and the girls, dig out the suitcases, organize all of my paperwork type things...Ahhh!

You're much more disciplined than I am. I don't think I would be able to stop myself from emailing them!:rotfl2: As for the flight tickets, I think it depends on what airline you're flying. We're going Southwest, and there are no tickets. We have an itinerary and flight numbers, and we were told to just bring that to the ticket counter.

Kelly...have you guys flown SWA before? If not do you know about printing boarding passes? They no longer pre-board families with children first...although this may be an exception due to the "wish" status of the trip...

Lynn

I'm glad that you're starting to look forward to things.:goodvibes We haven't really done more than plan what parks on which days and our ADRs. Otherwise, we're going to wing it. We have actually planned quite a bit of down time at GKTW, so I think our plan is to try and hit most of the evening activities there. I can't wait!

I think we're going to be hanging around GKTW most evenings (and many later afternoons too), so I bet we'll bump into each other. Feel free to walk as quickly as you can in the opposite direction if you see an exasperated strawberry-blonde mother (or blonde father) reprimanding a screaming, rolling on the ground while kicking, Elke...,

Okay, so now that this week is over, I'm officially getting excited! I have soooo much to do this weekend, not the least of which being cleaning my house for the house/dog sitter.:scared1: I have to do some clothes shopping for me and the girls, dig out the suitcases, organize all of my paperwork type things...Ahhh!

You are so much nicer to your dog. I'm boarding ours. But he LOVES the place. We used it a lot when Elke has been hospitalized, and they're like family to us.

Packing? What's that? I'm spending whatever time I should be packing on the Disboards.... I did, however, consult with our fabulous pharmacist today about one of Elke's liquid meds that's compounded and has a limited shelf life that would never get us through the vacation. He's actually giving me extra capsules and sodium bicarbonate to mix it myself. I love this man (sorry Jake! Just kidding?).

I'll let you know our basic itinerary soon. I did finally get a call from our wish granter today, and she's dropping by "the paperwork" (whatever that may be) tomorrow. I'll let you know what it is!

Hmmm, we are flying SWA too, so maybe we don't need anything else from them. Except our wish coordinator did mention an expense check on my FB page a few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. :confused3

Kelly...have you guys flown SWA before? If not do you know about printing boarding passes? They no longer pre-board families with children first...although this may be an exception due to the "wish" status of the trip...

Lynn
I haven't but I'm about to go do some reading. Now I'm nervous!:scared:

You are so much nicer to your dog. I'm boarding ours. But he LOVES the place. We used it a lot when Elke has been hospitalized, and they're like family to us.

Packing? What's that? I'm spending whatever time I should be packing on the Disboards.... I did, however, consult with our fabulous pharmacist today about one of Elke's liquid meds that's compounded and has a limited shelf life that would never get us through the vacation. He's actually giving me extra capsules and sodium bicarbonate to mix it myself. I love this man (sorry Jake! Just kidding?).

I'll let you know our basic itinerary soon. I did finally get a call from our wish granter today, and she's dropping by "the paperwork" (whatever that may be) tomorrow. I'll let you know what it is!
We have a dog and a cat, so we've found that it's much easier (and cheaper) to hire a house sitter as opposed to boarding. And as high school teachers, we have an almost endless supply of responsible upper classmen and recent grads from which to choose.:thumbsup2 As for packing, I talk a good game but have done little other than to start putting medical stuff into a box.:rolleyes1 I'm a last minute Lucy, too, and after talking about it for weeks, I'll end up doing it sunday night. That's awesome that you have a pharmacist like that! We don't have problems like that with longevity, but ours did send us tons of extra bottles so that we can bring only what we need. Then we'll just toss them before we leave to come home. I'm glad that you finally heard from your wish coordinator. Things are definitely heading in the right direction!:cool1:

Hmmm, we are flying SWA too, so maybe we don't need anything else from them. Except our wish coordinator did mention an expense check on my FB page a few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. :confused3
Okay, so I'm thinking that I don't know as much about flying SWA as I thought I did.:scared: I posted to your PTR, but I hope that you get it all figured out tomorrow morning. Less than a week!:scared1::cool1:

Busy weekend here. I spent the day yesterday shopping with a dear friend of mine and her 14 month old. We left the big kids home with Garth and just did it up for ourselves. First stop was the Lands End shop at Sears. I need a presentable bathing suit as much as the idea of putting one on horrifies me. Get this. I picked one out and when I went up to pay, it was $15 for a purchase over $75, and additional 25% due to a swimsuit sale, and an additional 20% off promotion for all purchases before noon. So I got my almost $100 swimsuit for under $50!:cool1: I was so psyched that I went back and bought a blue cargo "skort" thinking that with a white polo, I could look "vacation presentable" and still be comfortable.

Then we headed over to Kohls, where we learned that they were having early bird doorbusters until 1pm. Well, it was 12:40.:scared1: I ended up with these PJs for both girls (I love Carter's but REFUSE to pay full price):

The girls LOVE them and actually wore the tutus to bed.:rotfl2: I was also able to get some shorts and t-shirts for Maya. My master plan of handing clothes down to Ali has failed because they are now both in the same size.:scared1:

Needless to say, I was exhausted by last night. I did manage to do some packing and have started organizing Ali's med stuff. I can't believe how much we'll have to travel with. I just want to minimize any chance that we'll end up in the ER for something stupid that we could do ourselves if we had just brought the right supplies. And with our luck, we'll have some type of crisis anyhow while we are there. Today, I'm hoping to do some more packing. It will be pretty easy for the girls, but a lot of my stuff will be last minute because I wear most of what I'm going to bring to work.

And on that note, I need to get off here and go do something productive. Never fear, though, I'm sure I'll be back shortly!:lmao:

Cute jammies!!! Looks like you are getting prepared. Getting all of the meds and supplies ready is a huge task, so I'm sure getting that done will be a big accomplishment.

Awesome deal on the bathing suit. I love the suits from Lands End. I started wearing the swim skirts from there a couple of years ago, and love the idea of my butt and thighs being a little more covered up! :lmao:

Oh those are adorable Kelly!!

When we flew Southwest they were not letting the parents and kids preboard either. But since Ty preboards in his wheelchair we were able to save seats for dh and Sierra.

Okay, just forget what I said about not stressing in my PM. Full panic is beginning to set in. Probably because I know I have to spend the entire day at the hospital with Elke today for treatments, so will get absolutely nothing done today toward packing.

Deep breaths, right?

I just hit Lands End up for my bathing suit today!!! I was actually pretty satisfied.....very slimming :rotfl:.

You guys only have a few more days!!! I loved all the new pics!!! G'ma and G'pa look pretty excited!!!!

7 days!!!!

Lynn

YES - I agree with this. I would print your boarding passes...

You will need the first and last name of each person traveling (which I guess you have :lmao:) and the confirmation number for the flight (you may have a confirmation number for each ticket).

Did you get your expense check?

That is making ME nervous. :rotfl2:

I agree with this - make sure they know this is a Wish Trip! :)

http://www.southwest.com/
Then go to "CHECK IN ONLINE" and type the name and confirmation number.

You should try to do this exactly 24 hours before you leave - so that you get the highest boarding number possible - just in case they don't bump you to the front because it is a wish trip.

Okay, just forget what I said about not stressing in my PM. Full panic is beginning to set in. Probably because I know I have to spend the entire day at the hospital with Elke today for treatments, so will get absolutely nothing done today toward packing.

Deep breaths, right?

Oh, you're losing a day?!? I'm beginning to panic as well. This week is the busiest I've had in a long time. :scared:

I just hit Lands End up for my bathing suit today!!! I was actually pretty satisfied.....very slimming :rotfl:.

I hate bathing suit shopping. I bought two that I thought were okay and DH says to me on number one - the ruffles make your ****s look bigger (not a good thing at my size) and on number two - it kinda makes you have a uni****. Why can't they make suits with a REAL bra instead of some flimsy piece of foam?:sad2:

You should try to do this exactly 24 hours before you leave - so that you get the highest boarding number possible - just in case they don't bump you to the front because it is a wish trip.

This is as bad as the ADRs at 180 days!!!! Get ready, get set, reserve!!!!

Ugh...bathing suit shopping! I've had good luck with Lands End too because you can buy separates, and without spending $$ to do it. Melissa...I saw your reply on this same subject here...you CAN buy bathing suit tops by bra size in specialty swimwear shops, if you're willing to pay the $$$ for them. The last time I priced those it was about $150 to get a decent tankini...way more than I wanted to pay. If I'm paying that much, it had better include better looking body parts for me!:lmao:

...still waiting for my fairy godmother to hit me with that fairy dust in certain spots so this will some day be a non issue. :rotfl:

Hi Kelly! Just jumping back in here, you guys are getting so close. Sounds like your getting prepared pretty good. All the medical stuff was the most stressful for us so getting that done is a huge thing down.

Cute jammies!!! Looks like you are getting prepared. Getting all of the meds and supplies ready is a huge task, so I'm sure getting that done will be a big accomplishment.

Awesome deal on the bathing suit. I love the suits from Lands End. I started wearing the swim skirts from there a couple of years ago, and love the idea of my butt and thighs being a little more covered up! :lmao:
Thanks! I know I'm way over-packing, but my biggest fear is to have something stupid happen down there that we could easily take care of ourselves. Most of our supplies are "just in case" button and tube emergency things.

I like the skirt/tankini combinations, too. They're not frumpy and I feel like I can throw a tank over the top when walking around and be okay.

Oh those are adorable Kelly!!

When we flew Southwest they were not letting the parents and kids preboard either. But since Ty preboards in his wheelchair we were able to save seats for dh and Sierra.
Thanks! I'm thinking that we'll be able to make a good case for preboarding. A friend of mine mentioned the necessity of needing easy access to our stuff in the overhead bin, something that is not guaranteed if we're not able to preboard. So I think we're going to take that route.

Deep breaths, right?
It will be okay! The wish trip is going to happen regardless of how much planning or packing you do ahead of time, and regardless, it is going to be an amazing week. I've been thinking about you guys today - I hope that everything went as well as possible.:grouphug:

You guys only have a few more days!!! I loved all the new pics!!! G'ma and G'pa look pretty excited!!!!

7 days!!!!
I think mine is about as slimming as it's going to get, which isn't saying much.:rotfl2: I hope you had better luck than I did. I HATE bathing suit shopping.

YES - I agree with this. I would print your boarding passes...

You will need the first and last name of each person traveling (which I guess you have :lmao:) and the confirmation number for the flight (you may have a confirmation number for each ticket).

Did you get your expense check?

That is making ME nervous. :rotfl2:

I agree with this - make sure they know this is a Wish Trip! :)

http://www.southwest.com/
Then go to "CHECK IN ONLINE" and type the name and confirmation number.

Thanks, Maroo! We will be around on Sunday, so I should have no problem getting on at the 24 hour mark. Christine (DMBFan) gave me some great tips to increase the chances of preboarding, so I'm hoping that we'll be okay. And, we all have MAW shirts that the Big Givers sent, so we'll be set.:cool1: We did get our expense check, and again, were floored by the generosity. We should be able to do lots of fun things over the course of the week.:goodvibes

Oh, you're losing a day?!? I'm beginning to panic as well. This week is the busiest I've had in a long time. :scared:

I hate bathing suit shopping. I bought two that I thought were okay and DH says to me on number one - the ruffles make your ****s look bigger (not a good thing at my size) and on number two - it kinda makes you have a uni****. Why can't they make suits with a REAL bra instead of some flimsy piece of foam?:sad2:

This is as bad as the ADRs at 180 days!!!! Get ready, get set, reserve!!!!
Don't panic! It will be okay! In my experience, DHs are never good for giving reliable feedback regarding swimsuits. Sometimes you just need to hear "that looks great" even if it's just a huge abomination.:rolleyes1 I just want to be comfortable, and at this point in my life, I try to tell myself that what will be, will be. It doesn't always work, but I'm determined to just have fun and not worry about what I look like.

Ugh...bathing suit shopping! I've had good luck with Lands End too because you can buy separates, and without spending $$ to do it. Melissa...I saw your reply on this same subject here...you CAN buy bathing suit tops by bra size in specialty swimwear shops, if you're willing to pay the $$$ for them. The last time I priced those it was about $150 to get a decent tankini...way more than I wanted to pay. If I'm paying that much, it had better include better looking body parts for me!:lmao:

...still waiting for my fairy godmother to hit me with that fairy dust in certain spots so this will some day be a non issue. :rotfl:

That's what I love about LE - I can buy a different size top (smaller) than bottom (bigger). It's marginally helpful. I keep asking when my "wish granter" is going to bring me smaller hips and a clean house.:rotfl2:

So next Monday at this time we will be at GKTW!:cool1::scared1::eek::banana: I can't wait. I got a lot of the girls' stuff packed last night, but I'm still waiting on a package from LL Bean and one from Lands End. I ordered a bathing suit for Garth (of course he lost 40lbs to my 15:headache:) and then lightweight rain jackets and sandals from LL Bean. Our house looks like a bomb went off, so that's a wash, but I guess I'll worry about that next weekend. I called her mito doc for the protocol letter that I've been asking for for months (they work best under pressure) and her pulmonologist for script refills. Jessica at MAW is working on getting us an adaptive stroller since Ali's won't be in yet, expense check has been cashed, and important documents have been printed. Progress. Phew!

Okay, off to surf the 'net and finish my glass of wine while dinner finishes cooking. Maya is at a bday party, so tonight is yoyo night (you're on you're own), and Ali asked for chicken nuggets and fries. I think I'm drinking my dinner (j/k).:rotfl2:

Hi Kelly! Just jumping back in here, you guys are getting so close. Sounds like your getting prepared pretty good. All the medical stuff was the most stressful for us so getting that done is a huge thing down.

You snuck in here! How ARE you guys?!?!?!? Heading over to your TR to see if it's been updated.:rolleyes1

You are so close!!!! :cool1::cool1: Are the girls excited yet? HA! I bet they are bouncing off the walls. I would be! :rotfl2:

And as for bathing suits..... ugh. I am sticking with last years, even though the bottom kinda slides down sometimes over my not so pretty and flat tummy area.... hmmm.. maybe I should buy a new one. I need a plain black top anyway! Shopping may be in my future. :laughing:

I love tankini's. I just bought a top from JC Penny yesterday.I need to order the bottom since they were out of my size.They have a good sale on right now too. I got all excited when I found out they had a tankini that has adjustable straps:thumbsup2

I can't believe how close so many of our Wish trippers are:banana:

You are so close!!!! :cool1::cool1: Are the girls excited yet? HA! I bet they are bouncing off the walls. I would be! :rotfl2:

And as for bathing suits..... ugh. I am sticking with last years, even though the bottom kinda slides down sometimes over my not so pretty and flat tummy area.... hmmm.. maybe I should buy a new one. I need a plain black top anyway! Shopping may be in my future. :laughing:
Hi Jenn! I don't know who is more off the wall - the kids or us! Definitely go shopping - it's good for the soul!:rotfl2:

I love tankini's. I just bought a top from JC Penny yesterday.I need to order the bottom since they were out of my size.They have a good sale on right now too. I got all excited when I found out they had a tankini that has adjustable straps:thumbsup2

I can't believe how close so many of our Wish trippers are:banana:
Last year's suit is from Penny's and I love it!:thumbsup2

Periodically, please remind me that it's not safe to go lurking in some of the forums here. Hitting a nine month old? For biting while nursing? Really? There are some things that I'll never be able to wrap my head around.:sad2:

Hi Jenn! I don't know who is more off the wall - the kids or us! Definitely go shopping - it's good for the soul!:rotfl2:

Last year's suit is from Penny's and I love it!:thumbsup2

Periodically, please remind me that it's not safe to go lurking in some of the forums here. Hitting a nine month old? For biting while nursing? Really? There are some things that I'll never be able to wrap my head around.:sad2:

omg that is awful!! No don't lurk away girlie. Just feel the love from your fellow wish trippers who trully appreciate our sweeties. And all sweeties for that matter!

Hugs!

That's horrid!! I so would have went off on that thread! :headache: Have these people lost it somewhere? I don't wanna know where you lurked.... a dark corner perhaps? I prefer the sunnier side please!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter