• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Pre & Trip reports

At AK today and the gorilla zookeepers gave the family group a bunch of pumpkins with “treats” inside and in typical fashion the youngsters snatched up the good stuff and left dad just a pumpkin top.
View attachment 361246

I'm here to tell ya that's the way it is, Peach. We dads are used to getting the short end of the stick. :sad2:

It's what we do. Gladly.

Bama Ed

Here we are overnight at Carolina Cross Road CG getting hammered and after driving thru what's left of the hurricane from the pacific coast. Now we just got news that this storm is going to hit near our home on NJ coast as a another Nor-Easter with high winds and flooding are predicted. Last Halloween when we were at the Fort in 2012 was Super Storm Sandy that took direct hit on our home. I hope that Disney has a lot more Pixie Dust. Mike Happy to See you made it. Need a Lawyer!!!????

Here we are overnight at Carolina Cross Road CG getting hammered and after driving thru what's left of the hurricane from the pacific coast. Now we just got news that this storm is going to hit near our home on NJ coast as a another Nor-Easter with high winds and flooding are predicted. Last Halloween when we were at the Fort in 2012 was Super Storm Sandy that took direct hit on our home. I hope that Disney has a lot more Pixie Dust. Mike Happy to See you made it. Need a Lawyer!!!????

Appreciate the offer, but nobody is pressing charges. I'm slowly adapting to the, as @bama_ed had called it, "swanky" way of things over here.

I'm watching the boards and trying to keep track of who's there and where they are and I'll do my best to get by on Sunday and say hello.

We just came in from DS. For dinner we ate at a restaurant I had been eyeballing ever since my very first trip to Disney in 2009.
IMAG1416.jpg

At that time I believe it was white, and looked more like a paddle boat than it does now. Different name I think too.

Anyway, I started things off with clam chowder and bread.
IMAG1419.jpg
IMAG1420.jpg

I skipped on the crablegs because oldest DD would of been furious if I'd done that and her not had some also. DW and I both got shrimp pasta.
IMAG1421.jpg
I'll be honest, clam chowder was best I've ever had, shrimp pasta was lacking something...just can't put my finger on what.

We got back just in time for MK fireworks. Here they sit in nice chairs with umbrellas and sip bourbon while watching.

Different bunch. I'll take my beach.

Last edited:

8E832E71-D991-439F-938B-B1A047B55D7C.jpeg0A705EEF-D762-412A-98B3-8707A715B534.jpegE220B6D1-94AF-4662-96B1-2953030581EA.jpeg8D1E59B6-14BD-499E-B956-7B2CA9FDAB7B.jpeg9C865A82-671E-4EFE-AF2B-A25B79A74B02.jpegE6DA7111-B6E1-4065-A755-62A3F1E383BA.jpegF528A70F-A4A8-4153-823D-B06CED720BC2.jpeg
Just some pictures of some of the things our campground had- our site was beautiful! Fun play area for the kids and dogs- beautiful furniture, grill, and firepit at out site- just a great place!
Now- after a fun day of relaxing, swimming, and shopping:) all the kids are tucked in and we’re pretty much ready to put the slide outs in tomorrow morning and head for the Fort- hoping to pull out of here shortly after 6am!

@tigger92662 the little black dog is my son’s travel companion Tinkerbell:)

We are here! Sitting in the parking lot, but none the less here got here about 6:45 and spent about 30 minutes at the office trying to figure out a site that worked for us. Started with a not very helpful cast member named david- he didn’t want to give us any site numbers to check at all until after 11. We explained that we’re 42 feet long plus the length of our truck and we’d really like to at least check out some possible sites, even if the campers hadn’t checked out yet- simply because driving through the loops could be tricky and we’d want to at least be sure we’d fit in the site to see if they were possible for us or not. Finally got a different ( and more in charge) cast member who was happy to give us a couple possible sites to go check. He also looked into tomorrow’s checkouts and got us a site close to where we really want to be!

So end result- today we’ll go to site 1322 and tomorrow we’ll hopefully be moving to site 1439 I think it was :)
For now- we’re sitting in the overflow lot waiting for the text that today’s site is ready for us.

First thought we’ve had this morning is that the overflow parking is a total disaster compared to last year. It is completely packed- so many trailers in here that we were lucky to even find a spot to temporarily park. For now we’re just pulled over on the side as far as we can get hoping to not block anyone else trying to get through. Not sure where the next waiting camper will park but it will be interesting to see...

Had a great week so far. Got most of the decorations up. The family made it in around 3am today. After they sleep late we are going to MK. Tomorrow we will go shopping and then to mnsshp. I will post pictures later. For some reason my phone won't do that. I have checked out some of your sites. Just haven't caught you there. Hey tltay any way to edit the first page after Sunday with everyone's site number ?

Arrived yesterday around 5:30 and since we had our site number, we bipassed the long line for the security gate and use our magic bands to enter through the returning guest gate. Got an amazing site, 1812, right on the canal. It was so nice to site out by the canal with my coffee and watch the sun come up. We went for an early morning cart ride and saw lots of deer and a turkey. We got all the decorations up and the cart done now I am just relaxing and enjoying this perfect weather. Greg went to do a little fishing. We plan to head over to the MK later this afternoon.
IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG IMG_1356.JPG IMG_1357.JPG IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1360.JPG

Just a reminder I have goody filled pumpkins I'd like to share. If you have kids, or even if you don't, reply to this post with your site #and we will swing by at some point during our stay.
IMG_1350.JPG

Just a reminder I have goody filled pumpkins I'd like to share. If you have kids, or even if you don't, reply to this post with your site #and we will swing by at some point during our stay.
View attachment 361349
I’m pretty sure our four kids would love one! We’re unfortunately still sitting here waiting for our site, so I don’t know for sure our site number. What a unorganized zoo this place seems to be this morning- sad to see that. :(

Pluto67 We Love CC at RR. Great place. We stay there as our first night to and last night returning on our trips to DISNEY.
My guess is that when Tom saw Tiggerdad's reinforcements massing or at least his brides reaction ie an absolute willingness to make his reaction look like a Sunday school outing It is her primary car after all He decided dropping it was a wiser choice.

Appreciate the offer, but nobody is pressing charges. I'm slowly adapting to the, as @bama_ed had called it, "swanky" way of things over here.

I'm watching the boards and trying to keep track of who's there and where they are and I'll do my best to get by on Sunday and say hello.

We just came in from DS. For dinner we ate at a restaurant I had been eyeballing ever since my very first trip to Disney in 2009.
View attachment 361259

At that time I believe it was white, and looked more like a paddle boat than it does now. Different name I think too.

Anyway, I started things off with clam chowder and bread.
View attachment 361260
View attachment 361261

I skipped on the crablegs because oldest DD would of been furious if I'd done that and her not had some also. DW and I both got shrimp pasta.
View attachment 361262
I'll be honest, clam chowder was best I've ever had, shrimp pasta was lacking something...just can't put my finger on what.

We got back just in time for MK fireworks. Here they sit in nice chairs with umbrellas and sip bourbon while watching.

Different bunch. I'll take my beach.
Your description of the PADDLEFISH reflects when it was called THE EMPRESS LILLY if my memory is correct. You and your girls would have enjoyed the Character Breakfast they used to have back in the day.

Trip down was eventful to say the least.

We were about 4 hours later than we planned to leave. We debated and decided to drive straight through the night and not stop in hotel.

After about an hour of driving and just before crossing into Alabama I'm settling in for the long drive. All of a sudden I hear DW in passenger seat say, "I know what we forgot."

I'm thinking toothbrush, shampoo...maybe a watch.

Nope
We left garment bag. In other words, no shirts or dress pants. :headache:

Turned around and drove 1 1/2 hours back home. Got clothes and got BACK on the road.

I drove as far as Tallahassee while DW slept. By that time I'd been up 20 hours and wanted sleep, so she offered to drive. When I closed my eyes we were 20 miles west of Tallahassee. I had told DW watch for I75, but more specifically Gainesville.

I awoke 2 1/2 hours later. There was a big green sign coming up. In my awakening fog I slowly made out "Jacksonville".

Jacksonville!?

What the...she had drove right through I75 exit and kept going East. We were 15 miles west of Jacksonville and closing fast.

Oh, and it's 7am traffic. I quickly got her in direction of I95 then down to I4. Both are a disaster with traffic and construction. I'll never talk badly of I75 again.

I wish I could've seen my face when I realized where we were.

I know I should not laugh because we have done that on TWO separate occasions hahaha. In fact, my hubby forgot to pack most all of his clothing for our honeymoon at Disney, so we ended up buying pants and a shirt while there. Then he did the same on our last camping trip and we drove to 3 different store trying to buy him shorts for camping. - I overpack and he packs underwear only.

We also did the "missed turn" on our first date. We were just driving and chatting going through Houston, supposed to be heading south toward Pearland...we looked up and were in Katy, about 40 minutes West on the wrong highway.

I laugh because I know how that feels haha.

Great looking site, Terri.

And everyone else that is there, thanks for the pics and TRs.

j

We arrived at the World a little after 7 AM this morning. We left the house a little past midnight, so considering I had to stop twice for the DW’s bladder and once for gas (no, she can’t go when I stop for gas for some reason) we made decent time. Don’t check into the Fort til tomorrow for the one night and then we check back in Tuesday for another one night but it’s better than nothing. Hit the Boardwalk bakery this morning and they are out of the Halloween resort mugs darn it. But we still had breakfast there. Then hit the outlets (yes both of them) before checking into the hotel. Staying at the Park Inn tonight and then at The Wyndham Cypress Palms for the rest of the week but I will be staying overnight at the Fort for my two little nonconsecutive days and she can HAVE her king size bed. :duck:

Anyway, we are hitting Epcot tonight for the F&W and for the next 4 days to get the pass holder stuff. Looking forward to seeing the sites and attending the Sleepy Hollow event AND the cart parade. That should all be fun. Will post pics as they get taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter