October Pre & Trip reports

@tiggerdad I’m glad you liked our fresh pie site decor! This is our third year to be at the Fort over Halloween and we always have a blast seeing all the decorations. While I admire all the effort so many put into decorating their site, we opted for a “less is more” approach! Lol We loved watching people drive past, then back up to take a picture once they realized what they were seeing!

Wow we had a great time. Our candy outlasted the kids so we shut down at 930 when it slowed down. We rode to Coleen's site. It was still busy but the actors had retired by then. Tomorrow will be our last full day. Will start packing and finish Friday before pulling out at 11. Only got to meet a few new people in person. Shanman and Serignity. Always great to see Steve (JETS70) and his wife. Hate we won't have time to relax and catch up. Maybe next time. We are already booked next year so lets do it again.

Well back to work :( but thought I would take second to say thank you to Serenity for stopping by yesterday morning. I am so glad I got a chance to meet you and your daughter ( and your pups). Hopefully we will be able to stop by and say hello on our November trip before you guys head out. This is my last October post. as I am heading over to the November thread as we check in on the 10th (hoping to add the 9th) for three days.

Great to meet you Brocktoon! Fun talking while the trick or treaters were coming by. I just ran out of candy...had 40 pounds so we had a lot of kids on our loop tonight.

Great meeting you as well! By the end the of the night, I think there were only a few of us left in loop 200 with any candy left. I can't believe how many kids came by ... we went through almost 1500 pieces of candy although we were letting the kids take 2 (or more) if they wanted. I'm always handing out candy in my neighborhood every year, but the Fort trick/treating was way beyond combining the decorations, looping carts and insane amount of candy seekers.

Hit Trail's End for dinner tonight, and leaving tomorrow for the colder northeast. Thanks again to all the October posters for keeping everyone up to date with the Fort goings ... now onto November

Well back to work :( but thought I would take second to say thank you to Serenity for stopping by yesterday morning. I am so glad I got a chance to meet you and your daughter ( and your pups). Hopefully we will be able to stop by and say hello on our November trip before you guys head out. This is my last October post. as I am heading over to the November thread as we check in on the 10th (hoping to add the 9th) for three days.
So glad we got a chance to meet you too!
I’m going to jump over to the November thread now and start posting there- even though it’s a little sad leaving the October thread... I’m already looking ahead to October of 2020. I don’t think we’ll be here next year- we need to reroof our home and even tho I’d MUCH rather be here, I also want to have a home to live in ( preferably one with a roof to keep the snow out) the rest of the year :)
So we may plan on some short weekend camping trips around Minnesota next year!
And @tiggerdad - don't forget....
277258D8-0E63-4335-B588-9C724CB29263.jpeg

Well this visit is done. Cleared our sit by 1115 and hit the road. Met my son in Gainesville for lunch. Now sitting here waiting on the remnants of the hurricane to pass so we can continue on home. Hope everyone has a safe trip home. See you in a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter