• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Pre & Trip reports

@tigger92662 in case you didn’t get my text last night ( this morning) we have the firepit safely in our possession! She’s excited to be going back!

We are up now- working on math lessons and having coffee this morning- then once we’re done we’ll be heading out again! Hoping to go 400-500 miles today, which will leave us about 800 to go! What a beautiful day already- about 20 degrees warmer than home was at this time yesterday :beach:party::beach:

Serenitygr we'll need you to advise everyone when you are leaving so TFP2.0 can be passed along
We’ll be there until November 11th, but we’re ok with rehoming her anytime another family needs her! Our number one goal was to get her safely back to the Fort :love:

@tigger92662 in case you didn’t get my text last night ( this morning) we have the firepit safely in our possession! She’s excited to be going back!
I did get your text right when I pulled in the driveway. I assume the guys at Blue Beacon were helpful with the delivery. I brought them a couple cases of Gatorade

We are up now- working on math lessons and having coffee this morning- then once we’re done we’ll be heading out again! Hoping to go 400-500 miles today, which will leave us about 800 to go! What a beautiful day already- about 20 degrees warmer than home was at this time yesterday :beach:party::beach:

UHHHHHH! I'm stuck at work! Why is it the last day of work before Disney is the most messed up day?

Patients all showing up late...
Computer keeps wanting to mess up...

:headache:

Ugh, I feel your pain. The work week before vacation is always the worst. Was planning on only working a half day on Friday, but Medicaid decided that was a good day to come do a site visit, so no telling what time I will get to leave :sad2:. But everything will be ready to go, so a soon I get home and changed we can hit the road.

Finally! Getting packed up.

Gonna be weird heading down not pulling camper, but should make for faster trip. DW and I gonna head out and drive until we get tired and settle into a hotel somewhere for the night then get up in the morning and finish drive on down. Just depends on how I feel. If I get enough Mountain Dew in me...I may end up showing up in the Grand Floridian at 5AM wild eyed and crazy.

Those poor folks...

Well, Burt...take me on back home. (or, at least across the lake from home)
Burt smiling and leaving.gif

Last edited:
Join the crowd ,You are not alone.We are leaving for the Fort Friday morning.Was talking to Disney today and they sent some Pixie Dust to hold use over until our arrival. See you soon. safe travels.

We left So Alabama at 230 and 8 hours later we arrived at the Ocala rest area. No problems other than a drizzel rain all day that makes me regret spending a whole day washing and waxing the camper. Called the Fort and we're assigned to 714. That will not work. It's too short. Has zero room to decorate and is against the sidewalk so you can't sit and relax under your awning. They promised to work with me in the morning. Feeling very apprehensive right now. I have bad luck with getting the site I want.
How did you know the size of that site? Do you have a map that shows all the specific site dimensions? I’d love to be able to know ahead of time if the assigned site would work or not before driving to it!

And hello fellow Fort lovers! We are on our way!:banana:

Checking in tomorrow and staying until the 6th or 7th I think depending on the DH work schedule. Hoping for 900 loop, but we’ve never had a bad site! This is our third Fort Halloween, and I can’t wait to see all the decorations! We also usually come to the Fort during April or May for Epcot F&G festival.

We are here at GF. Nice. REALLY NICE!

LLittle much for my taste. When we pulled in some dude tried to carjack me. Full redneckism had taken over and I had the armbar full in place when I heard my wife yelling for me to stop.

Apparently here they unload your luggage, park your car then take you to your room. Who would've thought?

Sorry Tom! Put some ice on that shoulder.

My balcony just isn't same as TE.
IMAG1409.jpg

Headed over to HS for today.

LLittle much for my taste. When we pulled in some dude tried to carjack me. Full redneckism had taken over and I had the armbar full in place when I heard my wife yelling for me to stop.

Apparently here they unload your luggage, park your car then take you to your room. Who would've thought?

Sorry Tom! Put some ice on that shoulder.

My balcony just isn't same as TE.
View attachment 360859

Headed over to HS for today.

Looks like you are close to the ground, maybe you will get some squirrely visitors. :squirrel::)

Little much for my taste.
I don't know. GF is my fantasy resort. I could get used to it pretty fast.

Pretty funny about the valet. I didn't know they did that. I've only arrived on the monorail.

j

We’re at the top of the mountain in Tennessee- not sure what it’s called but it was incredibly beautiful! Now heading down.... planning to get to the georgia/Florida border today, and that will leave us just a couple hundred miles tomorrow to get to the Kissimmee KOA....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter