• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Pre & Trip reports

Jack needs a sandwich...

I came home yesterday and DW was washing the 4Runner. Gonna be sad, heading to Disney and not pulling the camper is gonna feel really weird. Haven't done that since 2009.

To break my sadness, I let her finish washing it and vacuum it out. When she got done I told her it looked nice, but I had changed my mind and decided to take my truck instead (not true, just a joke)

She didn't think it was funny.
dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third-Hand-Slap.gif
:rotfl2:

This is new to me and I’m not sure if it just for decoration or what. The “water” coming out of the spigot is fake
It is near the bike barn where I signed up for the trick or treating...have about 900 pieces of candy to give away. I’ll also have some glow sticks for those who can’t do candy.

View attachment 360349

This is the new mining set up. You buy a bag of sand at the trading post and sift through the running water to find "treasures".

We will be down there Oct. 27th thru Nov. 4th but we are staying offsite this time for the first time in several years. BUT, we are going to the Return to Sleepy Hollow event on the 28th so I was able to convince my wife to let me get a tent site & a cart for that date so for at least a day & a night we will get to enjoy the Fort. Better than no Fort at all. See you guys there.

I talked the wife into adding a second day. But it is on the 30th, so we (really just me except for when she decides to ride along on the golf cart) are at the Fort the night of the 28th & the night of the 30th which means I have to pack up Monday morning and set up again Tuesday morning. But I have a golf cart for both days, get to see the Sleepy Hollow event along with the cart parade, attend the beach bash, and see the decorating contests. It might be odd but I will take as much Fort as I can get any way I can. :tongue:

EDIT: P.S.- And for those wondering, Yes the 29th was available & No the wife wouldn't let me add it. I am depraved...I mean deprived.

A0EFDFDF-769E-46AC-BBEC-671952519F1E.jpeg 92492A9B-0552-497D-BBCF-892E859F148F.jpeg BAD86955-2209-4B4E-8C60-D1434F8378F8.jpeg D219D8D1-37B3-4B10-8B2E-859E90C97577.jpeg CD32EE44-903C-4ACF-98AD-C9C8785BE109.jpeg D22ED176-44C0-440C-AB4A-8D4DA0D1D8F6.jpeg And so that quickly it ends.. :snooty:

Landed back home in CT this morning, but enjoyed great dining at TE and the Biergarten. Had some tasty snacks (I love the big donuts at Joffrey’s, and some caramel treats from the store at Germany), got Test Track a couple times, Soarin’, and Spaceship Earth. Picked up some treats and gifts for family back home. Enjoyed the great weather for my short visit! Have a great time everyone coming in and all ready there for “real” vacations staying on property!! I am jealous, but thankful for my quick opportunity to visit!

Lowe's has all their Halloween stuff on clearance. Ran over on my lunch and picked up a few more things. I might need some more extension cords :tongue:

Lowe's has all their Halloween stuff on clearance. Ran over on my lunch and picked up a few more things. I might need some more extension cords :tongue:

Save some ‘lectricity for everyone else :teeth:

Just talked with my parents, and the Brocktoon RV has arrived at The Fort. Looks like we're in site 212. I'll be flying in tomorrow morning and taking the Magical Express. We're usually in the 100 loop, but it sounds like that loop is already full. We may have been able to move over to loop 100 later in the week but I'm fine with the 200 loop and I really don't want to pack the site up to move an unpack again as we've got a full schedule most days. We brought along a ton of candy for the 31st so hopefully the 200 loop still gets some decent Trick/Treating traffic.

Jack needs a sandwich...

I came home yesterday and DW was washing the 4Runner. Gonna be sad, heading to Disney and not pulling the camper is gonna feel really weird. Haven't done that since 2009.

To break my sadness, I let her finish washing it and vacuum it out. When she got done I told her it looked nice, but I had changed my mind and decided to take my truck instead (not true, just a joke)

She didn't think it was funny.
dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third-Hand-Slap.gif
I truly hope your Medical and Life Insurance premiums are up to date. I get it though I like to push the envelope myself but do try and avoid unscheduled games of GUESS WHY I AM PISSED NOW

2F687477-A903-4746-9173-7EF38B169BBC.jpeg
Jack and his buddy Fred are ready to go! There was a little head swapping going on but hey- that’s what friends do :rotfl2:
We are officially on the road- 5:15 pm and 1692 miles to go! Just a little selfie of my girl Crystal- her first official road trip!
We’ll update as we go!

074C3643-81ED-4CE7-9068-871DEB16CD06.jpeg

I couldn’t get a decent shot thru the foliage but the work is going on for the new Tron attraction.

FA94114F-DCC6-4DDF-B966-C6C3CE7A1B66.jpeg

5A53D4F8-E094-4AC8-BCBF-82316B5ABDE5.jpeg

The exit for Space Mountain is apparently on the other side of the train tracks. CMs manning the train track crosswalk.

602E8C13-87D4-4FAB-8130-81209D649241.jpeg
058DFF78-8694-4178-8877-0DB652666011.jpeg

We are officially on the road- 5:15 pm and 1692 miles to go! Just a little selfie of my girl Crystal- her first official road trip!
We’ll update as we go!

Wish we were down there with ya'll this October … I owe you an adult beverage :rolleyes2 We made our Fort trip this past May and had a blast. Not as fun as October since there are no Halloween decorations, but still fun. Our October trip was camping near Gatliburg this year. The fifth wheel is in the shop as I type this for some much needed and delayed warranty repairs so our monthly camping adventures are on hold.

We left So Alabama at 230 and 8 hours later we arrived at the Ocala rest area. No problems other than a drizzel rain all day that makes me regret spending a whole day washing and waxing the camper. Called the Fort and we're assigned to 714. That will not work. It's too short. Has zero room to decorate and is against the sidewalk so you can't sit and relax under your awning. They promised to work with me in the morning. Feeling very apprehensive right now. I have bad luck with getting the site I want.

2:07am- making a potty stop for the puppies and then about one hour to go until we stop- that will be in Rochelle Illinois, where the Forts traveling firepit is hopefully waiting for us to pick her up :cool1:

Serenitygr, have a great trip and wonderful vacation. Thanks again for taking the traveling fire pit to the fort. We will follow along with envy wishing this fal would have been our time at the Fort. Next year!! Safe travels

Serenitygr we'll need you to advise everyone when you are leaving so TFP2.0 can be passed along

@Flametamr bummer on the site. Yeah 714 is not great 716 on the other hand is awesome. Hopefully you get something better.

We are planning on being at AK on friday night to watch ROL and then Saturday will be brunch at Homecomin, then to MK, afternoon break for mallory and then epcot in the evening. My favorite food kiosk is Flavors of Fire, everything is good but we did not have the wings. We are not wings people but based on everything else i bet they are good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter