October Pre & Trip reports

We are arriving on the 20th and departing on the 27th. Me and the DW can't wait to be back there for a week. What day does the Golf Cart parade take place on?

After a couple year break we'll be back down for our regular late October vacation ... 10/23-11/2. We've got a preferred site so keep a look out around the preferred loops for a Winnebago with a big 'ol BROCKTOON mickey head on the front.

We will be in a Premium site. Hopefully in loop 400 thats what we requested. I will send the fax / email with the request the week before we leave. It worked last time. Alabama plays Tennesee the day we get there. It will be fun to loop on the golf cart and listen to the Vol fans.
Look for us we will have our sign out.....

76 days and counting..

Jackson campsite pic.jpg

Just altered our dates due to my new job with the help of Nancy. Will now arrive Oct 24th and depart Nov 2nd. Booked premium with a group reservation the first 3 days and will probably be put in 800 or 900. Really wish we could go back into 700 loop (712 is a favorite) but moving my dates I won't have a choice. The best part is I was able to move my golf cart reservation too. Looking forward to Halloween again soon.

Hey Michael/Tiggerdad, Don't forget you have an open invitation at our site. If were not there you are welcome to use our golf cart. I will leave the key for you if you let me know you want to use it. On the evening of the 26th it will be just my daughter and I so there will be room and time to do some looping. The others will be driving in late Friday after Emma gets an early release from school. Then we'll probably be in the parks until we drop thru the weekend.

Hey Steve/Jets70, We look forward to seeing you again. We have several local breweries here now so if I don't forget I will bring a few sample for us to try. Like I said above we'll be commando hitting the parks from Saturday (27) until the 30th. We hope to be there from the golf cart parade thru Halloween and then return to our parks routine. I also hope to make and entry for the parade so we'll see.

@Flametamr We will be arriving at the Fort the morning of 10/27. That is going to be a Fort day for us. Hope to get everything set up and then go to Disney Springs for a early dinner and return to the Fort to relax the remainder of the evening. Halloween is going to be a Fort day also. My sister and her husband will be staying at Pop and are going to meet us the morning of Halloween for breakfast at Captain Cook's. Tonga toast and a Kona coffee French press.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We are then going back to the Fort for some looping, an early dinner, golf cart parade and trick or treat. Haven't decided on entering the parade yet. I'll try and remember to bring a couple of Country Boy's. Starting to become a very popular craft beverage.

@tiggerdad It would be great if we had an opportunity to meet up if only for a short time to say hello and put a face with a name.

Steve

@Flametamr , appreciate that offer on the visit. I'll do my best to make it by.

@JETS70 , Just let me know which site (I'll keep tabs on this thread) and I'll do my best.

Not sure on our plans as of yet so we might get to FW only one afternoon, but possibly more.

Glad to see all the posts from those that will there late in the Month. Can't wait to see everyone's decorations and hope to have some of you join us in the parade. Planning on putting in a loop request for either 1700 or 1800. We haven't made any set park plans yet, going to wait for FP window to open up and whichever day we can get Slinky Dog and Alien Spin will be our HS day, then the other park day will be Epcot Food and Wine day. Trying to decide if we want to go to MNSSHP, but being annual pass holders, it hard to fork out more money for a park. We will be hanging around the Fort on the 30th, and we head home on Halloween as our neighborhood always does it big on Halloween, so we want to be home for that.

Steve that breakfast plan sounds awesome. I have eaten Kona but never for breakfast and haven't had tonga toast or the pressed coffee yet. Maybe some day. We'll probably not see you until Halloween evening with our plans. Double check but I think the golf cart parade is the day before on the 30th. I also forgot to mention that I scored a passholder pass for Epcot on the 25th but my daughter only has a silver pass and is excluded. I have to decide if I want to upgrade her to gold just for this one thing or spend the money on a Halloween party. If the 2 year old grandson makes it that may dictate what we do. This will be his first Disney trip.

@Flametamr We will be arriving at the Fort the morning of 10/27. That is going to be a Fort day for us. Hope to get everything set up and then go to Disney Springs for a early dinner and return to the Fort to relax the remainder of the evening. Halloween is going to be a Fort day also. My sister and her husband will be staying at Pop and are going to meet us the morning of Halloween for breakfast at Captain Cook's. Tonga toast and a Kona coffee French press.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We are then going back to the Fort for some looping, an early dinner, golf cart parade and trick or treat. Haven't decided on entering the parade yet. I'll try and remember to bring a couple of Country Boy's. Starting to become a very popular craft beverage.

@tiggerdad It would be great if we had an opportunity to meet up if only for a short time to say hello and put a face with a name.

Steve

The golf cart parade has always been on the 30th, unless they change it this year. I really hope not as I have put a lot of effort into our cart "costume" and we will be heading home on Halloween day. If you find out for sure, please post, thanks.

Doing the happy dance here in Minnesota!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
At 4:00 am I was finally able to add Saturday, October 27, to our reservation! We had been arriving Sunday October 28. Myself and two of my kiddos are going to the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom Sunday night, so we were really hoping to check in one day sooner- just to have more time to settle in, decorate our site, and sleep after driving all the way from Minnesota!party:

Another happy note: both our Halloween party tickets and our Christmas party tickets arrived today!! Just two more months- it’s starting to get real!!!

Big Lots and Lowe's has their Halloween stuff out and since the DH is out of town this weekend I have nothing better to do than go shopping :goodvibes. Can never have too many decorations. :p

Quick question- we want to go to Trails End to eat at least once during our 2 weeks. What do you all recommend as the best time to go? Weekday vs weekend? Lunch vs brunch vs dinner?

Quick question- we want to go to Trails End to eat at least once during our 2 weeks. What do you all recommend as the best time to go? Weekday vs weekend? Lunch vs brunch vs dinner?

The brunch (breakfast and several lunch items) is typically offered on weekends and also during holiday periods (ate it on a Thursday after New Years recently). It's my favorite meal at TE now and the brunch is offered through the lunch hours. It's a little cheaper than dinner, let's you sleep in, you get some of the breakfast food and some of the dinner food like the fried chicken, it's SO good.

So a brunch around 11am on a weekend day is my suggestion.

Bama Ed

PS - darn, now I'm hungry.....

We are not big breakfast eaters so its dinner for us. As for which day, since you really need a reservation, it doesn't really matter. We have had dinner on a weekday and a weekend, and the service has always been the same. If it's someone's birthday, make sure you mention it as they will bring you a special dessert that is not on the buffet.

We are not big breakfast eaters so its dinner for us.

Well, I have to confess when we have done the TE brunch in the past, that is the MAIN meal of the day. That's why I like to position it later in the morning closer to lunchtime. That way about 5pm or 6pm I can have an apple or some snack but I'm still digesting my delicious brunch.

In a further confession, I love it when Josephine is working the check in stand at TE (She is the "J" in the P&J's Southern Takeout side of TE) and Ken is working as a waiter (both long LONG time employees at TE).

Plus since the drink is included in the price of the meal, I usually go for two glasses of 1) chocolate milk and 2) Diet Coke (I'm not a coffee drinker so I get my caffeine cold).

Dang it, ya'll are getting me in the mood for a TE meal (meaning a Fort visit). We'll be down in Central Florida for spring break in March but wasn't planning on staying at the Fort. But all this talk of food has got me in the mood (hey that rhymes: "food" and "mood").

Hope ya'll have a big time in October. I'm more interested in that space of time in a couple years from late January into early February. That's what I have my eye on....

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter