October Pre & Trip reports

Update on the adding a day fiasco. I just got off the phone with reservations after only a 5 minute wait :love: and no go on the combining the two into one. :sad1: She had to call guest services (not at the Fort but inside reservations) and got the reason why, they code was different because the price was different. The price went up and if they combined them into one, I would be charged the higher price for all the nights, not just the one I added. She linked the two reservations, with no guarantee that we would not have to move sites, but she did stress that she did not think that would happen. She stated that they put multiple notes on my reservations of the circumstances and that is was the same family for both and not to have us move sites. Just to be safe, I think I will call the Fort directly the week before to make sure. So I finally got a taste of what I hear so many others complain about.
If they are both the same type of sites ( both premium, both preferred, etc.) they will not make you move . I’m not a veteran here but I’m 99.9% sure if this

Spending Halloween at the fort was on our bucket list and after trying for a few years we FINALLY snagged a reservation for 10/28 - 11/2 !!! We live in our motorhome 20 min from FW in Winter and have been doing dinner at TE after the golf cart parade. Still have our post-parade TE dinner ressie, but we're looking forward to decorating, handing out treats and having more time to look at other loops. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry, this has nothing to do with our trip, just for entertainment purposes only. Took an evening run over to AK and had to go to guest services for a FP issue. The CM had me scan my magic band and his eyes got real big and he said "wow, you have a lot of reservations for FW, you must really like it". Hi, my name is Terri and I have a Fort addiction.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with our trip, just for entertainment purposes only. Took an evening run over to AK and had to go to guest services for a FP issue. The CM had me scan my magic band and his eyes got real big and he said "wow, you have a lot of reservations for FW, you must really like it". Hi, my name is Terri and I have a Fort addiction.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Had to go to Lowe's to get grout sealer (and let me tell you , this is the LAST home improvement job I participate in, I am just too old to be laying tile!) and I just couldn't pass up on the Minnie Halloween inflatable. Can't wait to get the rest of my Halloween stuff out... is it October yet!?!?:tongue:

and I just couldn't pass up on the Minnie Halloween inflatable. ... is it October yet!?!?:tongue:

You could tie to the roof of your golf cart, Terri, and then drive REAL fast so Minnie would be bending in the wind! :drive:

Bama Ed

PS - somehow I'm thinking Doug rolled his eyes :rolleyes: when you came in the door with Ms. Minnie Inflatable.... :lmao:

You could tie to the roof of your golf cart, Terri, and then drive REAL fast so Minnie would be bending in the wind! :drive:

Bama Ed

PS - somehow I'm thinking Doug rolled his eyes :rolleyes: when you came in the door with Ms. Minnie Inflatable.... :lmao:
Too funny, and Greg (Doug is close, but that is his brother, lol) is in Georgia hunting, but you are right he probably will when he sees it.

First time staying at FW. Staying in cabin because our teen daughter has cerebral palsy and is totally wc bound. Tent camping not an option and no accessible rvs. Want so much for her to enjoy all the Halloween activities because we will be there in Halloween. Traditionally we turn her wc into an elaborate costume and she loves it. We called but they couldnt answer any questions. When is the golf cart parade traditionally.

First time staying at FW. Staying in cabin because our teen daughter has cerebral palsy and is totally wc bound. Tent camping not an option and no accessible rvs. Want so much for her to enjoy all the Halloween activities because we will be there in Halloween. Traditionally we turn her wc into an elaborate costume and she loves it. We called but they couldnt answer any questions. When is the golf cart parade traditionally.

There are others on this board who are more informed than I am ... but from my many October visits I've noticed the cart parade floats between Oct 30th and 31st. It'll be one of the those two days, but I'm not sure if they've settled on the date yet this year? it may not be known until the Halloween activities schedule is officially released but if/when anyone has heard anything I've got full confidence that a DISer will post!

There are others on this board who are more informed than I am ... but from my many October visits I've noticed the cart parade floats between Oct 30th and 31st. It'll be one of the those two days, but I'm not sure if they've settled on the date yet this year? it may not be known until the Halloween activities schedule is officially released but if/when anyone has heard anything I've got full confidence that a DISer will post!
Thank you Brocktoon .I had already arranged our schedule and forgot about the golf cart parade. My daughter is non verbal but she is so excited. She just had surgery on Thursday and I swear knowing she's heading to Disney is what has helped her recover so fast. She has a countdown on her iPad and shows me every morning. Unfortunately we are going to MNSSH on 30th. But maybe we can delay it long enough to see some of the golf cart parade.we have a ton of family staying in the campground at 3 different sites while we are in the cabin so hopefully something will work out.

Krista,

Brocktoon is correct. The date of the golf cart parade has flipped between the two dates in the past but the last couple years have shown it consistently on October 30 at 5pm IIRC. The carts line up by the hook-up/un-hook pull offs between the check in building and the start of the camping loops. The route is down the main Fort road (FW Trail) right in front of the Meadow Trading Post which is where the parade judges are. It goes all the way down to the 3 way intersection of Big Pine and FW Trail where loops 400/700/100 are. From there carts either take off back to their campsite or pull off the road to watch the rest come through.

So the parade has been on the 30th and Trick or Treating in the loops has been starting at dusk on the 31st. ToT is an "unofficial" activity done by campers and guests for campers and guests and kids do ToT in their costumes and younger kids have their parents walking with them some of whom are also in costume.

As Brocktoon said, we won't know for sure until the October activity sheet is published around the first of the month so nothing is guaranteed.

Here is the thread I posted with a YouTube video of last year's parade. It lasted 17 minutes. So maybe you could watch the parade with your daughter over by loops 400/100/700 and when it's over walk her down to the boat to MK for your party night.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...golf-cart-parade-video.3644615/#post-58410040

Bama Ed

Last edited:
A trip to Sam's Club today and came home with candy for ToT at the Fort and also managed a bag of Lay's Giordano's deep dish pizza flavored chips.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 A trip to Disney would not be complete without a trip to Giordano's. Not exactly sure how the bag got opened...…:confused3
Halloween candy 2 2017.jpg

Steve

A trip to Sam's Club today and came home with candy for ToT at the Fort and also managed a bag of Lay's Giordano's deep dish pizza flavored chips.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 A trip to Disney would not be complete without a trip to Giordano's. Not exactly sure how the bag got opened...…:confused3
View attachment 350602

Steve
I might have to sneak into my kids trick or treat bags after seeing this!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I might have to sneak into my kids trick or treat bags after seeing this!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
My husband was raised in Chicago, now we live in the Pa near de border. Whenever we go to Fl or travel to WS.to visit family we always stop at Giordanos. One slice and I'm done. Soooooo good. We even mail order it a couple times a year. We dont have those chips in Pa. So disappointed.

What a sweet and awesome thing to do! I have 2 kids that love collecting pins- they would think that was awesome! We’ll definitely be posting here on the 27th once we get checked in- hoping for 1400 close to where we’ve always been!
:yay:
Awe how sweet. We check into the accessible cabins on the 28th through Halloween. Our first time staying at park. My daughter has spastic quad cp and qx bound she is so excited to see Minnie mouse. She has a countdown on her communication device., 45 days.

Since we won't be there for trick or treating, I am going to do something similar to what I did at Easter. I have bought a bunch of small plastic pumpkins that can be stuffed with goodies. Will stuff mostly with candy but about half will also have Disney trading pins. If you will be there 10/27-10/30 and you have kids ( or even if you don't) post your site once you check in and I will drop of a couple. Have also been working on our cart "costume" for the parade, getting close to being done. I am so ready to get out all my Halloween decorations to see what I have and sort out what I want to take with us. Getting excited, now I just wish the weather would drop about 10 degrees as it is still running in the mid 90's with high humidity. So ready for some fall weather.
Since we won't be there for trick or treating, I am going to do something similar to what I did at Easter. I have bought a bunch of small plastic pumpkins that can be stuffed with goodies. Will stuff mostly with candy but about half will also have Disney trading pins. If you will be there 10/27-10/30 and you have kids ( or even if you don't) post your site once you check in and I will drop of a couple. Have also been working on our cart "costume" for the parade, getting close to being done. I am so ready to get out all my Halloween decorations to see what I have and sort out what I want to take with us. Getting excited, now I just wish the weather would drop about 10 degrees as it is still running in the mid 90's with high humidity. So ready for some fall weather.

Steve

I've never seen those - will have to keep a lookout! We live in SE WI and I did some post-graduate work in Chicago for a while. Fell in love with Giordano's. We manage to get it 1-2x per year between IL and FL - probably good we don't live closer! :crazy2:

I've never seen those - will have to keep a lookout! We live in SE WI and I did some post-graduate work in Chicago for a while. Fell in love with Giordano's. We manage to get it 1-2x per year between IL and FL - probably good we don't live closer! :crazy2:

We truly enjoy our trips to Giordano's when at Disney. We also mail ordered it on a couple of occasions but have to say that it is not as good as when you get to eat it straight out of the Giordano's oven. I had the opportunity to eat at a Giordano's in Chicago last year.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The good news is that they now have a Giordano's in Columbus Ohio which is about 2 hours from home. The DW's sister lives in Dublin Ohio which is close. Works good for me...….I can be the good husband who says "hey, lets go see your sister and you know, while we are there we might as well go get a pizza at Giordano's". :cool1:

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts