• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October/Halloween Trip Reports

I know we have a few more months to go, but October is our first camping trip of our camping season, so I am already planning and getting excited. We brought our new TT home this past weekend, and DH said it towed great with our new truck. Spent time "playing house" in it yesterday, adding drawer liners and some other accessories.
Our dilemma now is how to bring the bikes. We put our golf cart in the bed of the truck, so no room there. Can't add a rack to the bumper, not rated and will void warranty. We are looking at a rack that mounts on the A frame and over the propane tanks, or one that attaches to the ladder. We also have the option of taking two vehicles, which we may decide on since we will have a lot of Halloween decorations to bring also.

On another forum site there have been some home school groups posting invitations to come to the Fort for Halloween, not to stay, but just to TOT, going as far as telling the parents how to get around the front gate. Boy did that start an uproar. Many that have reservations have called the Fort to speak to management and put a halt to it. Will be very interesting to see how they handle keeping non guests from coming in. I have never been at Halloween, but I heard it is very busy and crowded. Just my own opinion, but I would rather it only be Fort guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another forum site there have been some home school groups posting invitations to come to the Fort for Halloween, not to stay, but just to TOT, going as far as telling the parents how to get around the front gate . Boy did that start an uproar. Many that have reservations have called the Fort to speak to management and put a halt to it. Will be very interesting to see how they handle keeping non guests from coming in. I have never been at Halloween, but I heard it is very busy and crowded. Just my own opinion, but I would rather it only be Fort guests.

Like how Pools are only for folks staying at that resort, It would be nice if TOT was just for Fort Wilderness people. We have to head home on the 30, so will miss all the fun.

On another forum site there have been some home school groups posting invitations to come to the Fort for Halloween, not to stay, but just to TOT, going as far as telling the parents how to get around the front gate. Boy did that start an uproar. Many that have reservations have called the Fort to speak to management and put a halt to it. Will be very interesting to see how they handle keeping non guests from coming in. I have never been at Halloween, but I heard it is very busy and crowded. Just my own opinion, but I would rather it only be Fort guests.

Of course (just s small note), it is available to all Disney guests (as opposed to Fort only), just like the song a long. Of course, I assume that means all ticketed Disney guests as opposed to just on site hotel stays...this would be my take anyway.

Of course (just s small note), it is available to all Disney guests (as opposed to Fort only), just like the song a long. Of course, I assume that means all ticketed Disney guests as opposed to just on site hotel stays...this would be my take anyway.

Other resort guest I can see, but people just coming in off the streets that are not staying on property, then I don't think they should be allowed.

As a Disney travel planning site, discussions about Disney's policies and rules are very welcome here. However, discussions of or instructions for ways to circumvent those rules or "cheat the system" are not appropriate and will be deleted.

As a Disney travel planning site, discussions about Disney's policies and rules are very welcome here. However, discussions of or instructions for ways to circumvent those rules or "cheat the system" are not appropriate and will be deleted.

I was so appalled that adults would post how to cheat the system. They were posted from a home school group. Not very good example for thier kids.

Yeah....I think that is what was happening elsewhere and we were just saying how that discussion "elsewhere" was creating quite a stir and not a good thing..no one here was advocating such a course..but rather I was pointing out that I think Fort activities are open to all Disney guests.

I am not sure if a "Disney guest" is strictly someone staying on property or someone who bought a ticket for the day. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

I am not sure if a "Disney guest" is strictly someone staying on property or someone who bought a ticket for the day. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

That is what I wasn't certain of either...but they don't restrict a Disney day guest (or one not staying on property, but ticketed for a given day) from using the transportation or visiting resorts (once again...to my knowledge). Therefore, I would (in my mind), make the assumption that resort activities not explicitly limited to resort guests would be open to all Disney guests (on property or park ticketed) on that given day. But, only my interpretation...I'd be interested in definitive too...

Disappointing to hear about others taking advantage of the campers during TOT.

I'll be at the Fort Oct 15 thru 28 so will just miss the holiday but will be meeting up with some friends from Massachusetts the second half! They are in a cabin while I'll be in my little buggy in a Preferred site...I guess we won't be anywhere near each other. Oh well, we'll have a great time...they are bringing their 4 yo niece. Her first visit! Indoctrinate them early to the Fort!

I am one of the people that voiced strong concern to Disney management. I was contacted and told that a solution is being discussed with Fort management. I plan my entire trip around this holiday. We decorate and give out tons of candy and we do it for our kids and the others too. But I didn't sign up to provide free candy and entertainment for 1500 local kids. My recommendation was they provide bands like they use for parties the day of Halloween to authorized guests. Then station a CM at the Loops to check and turn away freeloaders. They have done this in years past. If they fail to do anything this will probably be our last Halloween. Last year was simply pandemonium.

I am one of the people that voiced strong concern to Disney management. I was contacted and told that a solution is being discussed with Fort management. I plan my entire trip around this holiday. We decorate and give out tons of candy and we do it for our kids and the others too. But I didn't sign up to provide free candy and entertainment for 1500 local kids. My recommendation was they provide bands like they use for parties the day of Halloween to authorized guests. Then station a CM at the Loops to check and turn away freeloaders. They have done this in years past. If they fail to do anything this will probably be our last Halloween. Last year was simply pandemonium.

We also go every Halloween. Last year was crazy! If you tried to leave the fort to go to the store during the day there were huge lines of cars at the front gate for everyone who was trying to get in (we won't ever try to leave on that day again!) I only wanted to go to Wawa! But there were so many people lined up for the parade, and so many cars parked on the grass as you entered the fort. The parking lot was full also. I was thinking it couldn't have just been for people who were staying there. We had hundreds of trick or treaters, and I didn't mind that as Halloween is my favorite holiday. But i am sure there were many people who weren't staying at the fort who were there. I hope they get a handle on the crowds this year. I have no idea how a group of locals or home school families could even park there!

They apparently are organizing meet ups at various resorts and Disney Springs or just car pooling then swarming the Fort. They are bringing food and such to make a day out of it. Don't get me wrong. I love spending Halloween at the Fort and giving out candy to kids but these people are just greedy and taking advantage of our event. Now if Disney wants to charge outsiders a fee and supply me with candy to give out I'm all for it.

Y'all are making me second guess my trip at Halloween. Been at Christmas and yes busy but not has bad has you all are saying. I will not be giving out candy because we will be at MNSSHP. But are there issues with people messing with other campers that are there. I deal with stress and people for half the year and this is my stress free time.

This will be our third Halloween in four years. We love it but it has gotten progressively worse each year with last year being pure pandemonium in some areas. To put it in perspective people were generally nice and appreciative. Nobody was rude when we ran out of candy and started looping. I wouldn't fear it at all if I was at the party and my camper was left alone. Just don't leave anything really valuable in plain site and you can always form a neighborhood watch. Let people around you know where you'll be so they can report any problems.

My concern is with the social media groups planning to crash the Fort en mass you won't even be able to move. Much less even leave your own loop to enjoy other sites. Most of the fun is looping on the cart to see what others are doing around the Fort. For us the trick or treating is secondary. We prefer to give more than get.

We will be there for our first Halloween!! Oct 19- nov7, I even signed up for the 5k, lots of firsts this trip. This was supposed to be our first trip to the fort but we snuck down in June Now, I'm a little concerned about the number of people that will be visiting the fort that day/evening. Other than that we are super excited for this trip! We plan on joining the golf cart parade and taking our 3 year old trick or treating. Do most people drive the carts around while trick or treating?

Made an unplanned purchase today. Went to lowes for some caulk and they already had Halloween stuff out. I know it's early, but I couldn't resist.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Got some vinyl clings for the golf cart, a strobe light, a flag and an 8' dragon! The dragon Is so cool. He lights up and his wings move. Thought of Maleficent, perfect for a Disney Halloween.

Made an unplanned purchase today. Went to lowes for some caulk and they already had Halloween stuff out. I know it's early, but I couldn't resist.
View attachment 188934 View attachment 188935 View attachment 188936

Got some vinyl clings for the golf cart, a strobe light, a flag and an 8' dragon! The dragon Is so cool. He lights up and his wings move. Thought of Maleficent, perfect for a Disney Halloween.
I have a dragon too...thought the same thing about Mal and am bringing ours too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter