October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

Wow What a week!! Despite the weather and some changes in excurisions we had such a great time. It was so nice to put a face to the post. No one wanted to leave the boat yesterday and Carrie cried part of the way to the airport.

We rebooked with a dummy date with plans to book for summer of 2011.

I guess I better return to laundry before the pile grows.

Well, here I am in reality...with dirty socks sprinkled on top!!!!
Many thanks to all the friendly faces and FE gifts. It was great to have friendly faces and ready-made friends for my daughters on board! What we missed in warm weather was made up with warm hearts -- the highwinds and waves were no match for the high jinks of the crew, cast, and DIS board members. Our trick or treat lady Ms. Suzie--muchas gracias--I was cursing errr- I mean thanking you for the excess candy baggage--why couldn't that bag have been lost? Seriously you are fabulous!!! WE had a blast--much in part to ALL of you who are reading this! Thanks again y'all-
Frances Hernandez

My family and I were overwhelmed with all the fish extenders, gifts, door signs, and dis presence on board!! Hubby was even impressed!!!

Thanks for all the fun, smiles, and gifts--it made a great trip even better!!

We rebooked tortola in june 09!! :love:

when is chat???

Hey everyone,
The family had a blast meeting/drinking with everyone. I will say it was nice to talk to the MEN!!! We rebooked for oct 23 2010, but we might change that to see if we can get on the new ship in 2011.
Michael

Hello everyone! It was back to work today after a day of washing clothes and getting pictures developed.

I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. It was so much fun to come back to the room and see what was waiting for us. The children especially enjoyed it! The personalized magnets, individually wrapped baggies of goodies, cards, CD's, etc. were all awesome!

Thanks again to everyone who made our trip special. A big thank you to Suzie for organizing the TOT! I appreciate the creativeness and thought that went into the scavenger hunt! Aunt Lynne, thanks for the beautiful magnets!

Hi everyone! Hoping all have a safe trip home. We just got home to Jersey.:upsidedow.
Than you so much for the beautiful magnets, tags (goof family) they were so helpful for our luggage, AuntLynne thanks so much for the mags and pin! What a blessing all those gifts were to the children, I was in awe, so much fun!!
This was the first time I wore a sweater on the ship and had one night that I felt those 13 foot waves:headache: I don't think were going to choose Oct. again, it's winter in the carribean:goodvibes

We rebooked a dummy on board, 11 day southern 2010, would like to go but DH can't get off for work in Dec. and I can't take my teen out of school again for the week.....Maybe 2009.

DH5 sobbed the whole way off the ship, "I wan't my Mickey boat" Mommie wants the Mickey boat too! Post Mickey boat blues:rolleyes:

Well, that's just weird. I signed in from the other board, and it defaulted me back to this board. I guess I know where I belong! Haha. Thanks for the heads up :).

Staci

QOTD: DNiece Karen (15) and I are booked for the WB Transatlantic Repo in 2010. We had booked it before this cruise; then did an onboard rebook to get the discount and the stateroom credit.

However, I don't know how it can top this trip. This was my third DCL vacation and hands down the best. WHY? The DIS members I met. It was so fun having new playmates for the week. Shoshana and Adam were so welcoming to Carianne, Sandy & Tony (goofprincess) and their friends Shirley & Doug, and me. BINGO, name that tune, adult cabaret (thankfully not that "adult;" thank you performers for remembering it still is a Disney venue). I had never tried any of these things on my own. I had hoped to venture out and do something different this time - and it really paid off.

Disney is lucky to be getting a new employee in Shoshana - you already represent them well.

Somebody started a thread about how bad this trip was - how it didn't do enough Halloween. I am thankful, as my nieces don't do Halloween and I'm not into witches, either. And in the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "I don't want to be a pirate." But it still is a great opportunity to experience the magic.

QOTD: DNiece Karen (15) and I are booked for the WB Transatlantic Repo in 2010. We had booked it before this cruise; then did an onboard rebook to get the discount and the stateroom credit.

However, I don't know how it can top this trip. This was my third DCL vacation and hands down the best. WHY? The DIS members I met. It was so fun having new playmates for the week. Shoshana and Adam were so welcoming to Carianne, Sandy & Tony (goofprincess) and their friends Shirley & Doug, and me. BINGO, name that tune, adult cabaret (thankfully not that "adult;" thank you performers for remembering it still is a Disney venue). I had never tried any of these things on my own. I had hoped to venture out and do something different this time - and it really paid off.

Disney is lucky to be getting a new employee in Shoshana - you already represent them well.

Somebody started a thread about how bad this trip was - how it didn't do enough Halloween. I am thankful, as my nieces don't do Halloween and I'm not into witches, either. And in the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "I don't want to be a pirate." But it still is a great opportunity to experience the magic.

I'm booked for the WB Transatlantic too! (I think Shoshanna will do great things for Disney too!))

I thought the Halloween touches were just right.

I had a great time. Back at work today, I found my mind wandering back to last week everytime things got hairy.

A great cruise and I really wound down!

I know DH and the kids had a good time.

My inlaws were very disappointed about the weather, but I kinds liked it!

Hi everyone!

Just a very quick post before I start to tackle the unpacking. We arrived home at about 11:30 this morning, and I have just woken up after a nap - the flight really did me in!

What can I say! We had an amazing time in WDW and our first Disney Cruise was magical! It certainly lived up to all our expectations - which were exceedingly high having lived on the DIS boards for the past year! I didn't find it at all relaxing though - maybe just rushing around trying to do too much didn't help! Lots of things I didn't get to do at all really!

The highlight of our cruise was having wonderful friends to share it with - massive thanks to Helen, Andy, Rachel and Bethany for making our cruise and our last day in Orlando so special! It was wonderful to meet so many lovely DIS friends too -although there are so many of you I sadly didn't get to meet. We also missed the DIS photo because we thought it was to be on pirate night and even though I had the card in front of me I still couldn't get the day right! I remained disorganised throughout the whole holiday I'm afraid!

A great big thanks to all the people who gave us such wonderful FE gifts - there are a lot of very creative people out there and it was a real treat coming back to the cabin!

We debated and debated about booking a 10 day med cruise for 2010 while on board but in the end didn't commit to anything - obviously I will regret this once the Disney Withdrawal Syndrome sets in - we think we will definitely do another Disney cruise, but next time it will be just Tony and I.

Can't wait to hear what everyone thought of the cruise and read all the trip reports - but right now I have a hot date with the washing machine!

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone had a great trip!! The weather was interesting but we made the most of it. We were a little dissapointed in not geting to Grand Cayman, but it was the best thing that happened to us!!

My DS had been for sick for a few weeks prior to the trip and we were tappering him off his meds, but his cough got so severe while on the trip I was running out of medication! :scared1: :scared1: I had just checked with the medical office that they had some when the change in itinerary came thru. Since we were in the states I was able to call his Dr. and get more medication while in Key West!!!

We spent Saturday running mad around the Magic Kingdom and flew home Sunday!!! Yesterday was spent picking up the dog, doing laundry and catching up on some of the kids school work.

Thank you everyone for the great FE gifts!! Aunt Lynne the magnets were beautiful!!. I forgot to label ours, but the photo albums and halloween magnets were some of things!!

We rebooked for 5 day Aug. 17, 2010. DH and I compromised- I got another cruise and it was not as long and the kids didn't miss any school!! Only 649 days 'till we leave!!

OH NO - Not the best time for my tumble dryer to break down - first load in the washer and nowhere to dry it :scared1: :scared1:

I'll have to get Tony out there with a screwdriver in the morning!

Just a quick note..
We're finally home. Great flight coming home today - even got in early enough that we WOULD have made great time getting home but we got the dreaded call from the airport that Ed had left two of our carry-on's with our passports and Tori's homework by the baggage claim!:scared1: Yeah, I guess with 11 bags and all the necessaries, it was easy to lose track of those but we had to turn around (almost home too!!!) to go back and get them.

We had a fabulous time with Dana (& Geoff and kids) at the Hyatt before the cruise and with Val (& Brian and kids) and Tara (& Mike and kids) the past few days at Disney. What a great time with great people!

We asked Tori what was her fav time and she said all of it. Must say I had lots of favs too. Meeting FTF finally, Rockin' Bar D time, CC hanging out....and of course WDW after with friends and seeing it through Isa's eyes for the first time visit thing...

BUT very glad to be home. My bed, my shower.....my toilet that doesn't flush if you move even the slightest bit!!!!!!:rotfl2:

LOVED doing ToT for the kids - glad everyone had a good time! Ed is laughing that we came back with as much as we left with!!! And he thought we'd have empty bags to bring home!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay, chat is Saturday night....see you there. Tired and going to bed now.

OH! And I was able to walk in and vote in less than 5 minutes!! WHOOHOOO! Made the most of my leftover Disney Magic today!!!!

Night all!!

did anyone haooen to get the final show that was in rockin bar d on video? the "if i werent upon the sea" show? if so i would love a copy if possible. glad to hear every1 is making it home safely. i miss every1!

did anyone haooen to get the final show that was in rockin bar d on video? the "if i werent upon the sea" show? if so i would love a copy if possible. glad to hear every1 is making it home safely. i miss every1!

Hi Amy

We saw this but didn't have the camera with us at the time unfortunately - I remember thinking that I wish I had my camera at the time as it was very funny - did you see it? The epressions on the first guy's face (the sergeant major) were hysterically funny all the way through ! I wonder if it is on YouTube?

Would love to have a copy/link to it also. I checked youtube but the newest one was from 9/27 and it was different people. I really just want the memory of Ed yelling "Tinkerbell" to Dave! That was just priceless!

Done unpacking but need to get the stuff put away now. Only a couple loads of laundry since we did most of it on the ship, so that's the easy part. FE unpacking, now that's a different story! WOW!!! A small and a medium bag was needed for those to come home!!! More than what we came with! How fun though, to see the girls rush to the cabin door to see what was there! I don't think we had a time that there wasn't SOMETHING in it! That was the best part! Thanks everyone for the FE gifts and really enjoying all the ones from different countries! How fabulous!

Okay, have to get back on task....housework, etc to do....yuck.

Would love to have a copy/link to it also. I checked youtube but the newest one was from 9/27 and it was different people. I really just want the memory of Ed yelling "Tinkerbell" to Dave! That was just priceless!

Done unpacking but need to get the stuff put away now. Only a couple loads of laundry since we did most of it on the ship, so that's the easy part. FE unpacking, now that's a different story! WOW!!! A small and a medium bag was needed for those to come home!!! More than what we came with! How fun though, to see the girls rush to the cabin door to see what was there! I don't think we had a time that there wasn't SOMETHING in it! That was the best part! Thanks everyone for the FE gifts and really enjoying all the ones from different countries! How fabulous!

Okay, have to get back on task....housework, etc to do....yuck.

Ahhh...so that is who yelled tinkerbell!!! I have it on my camera. i only recorded about 4 minutes of the whole skit, but do have that on video! I'll post it either later or tomorrow. Just got back from vero Beach last night and still getting settled in.

Michelle

Saw the thread about how miserable our cruise was. I'm just really sorry that this person had not joined our group - how much fun they would have had!

I want to personally thank EVERYONE who did ANYTHING with Trick or Treating. I did not do this all myself. This was a group effort and what a fun group we had!!! It was for the kids and I guess they really enjoyed it!

Jackie - for keeping the list
Dana and Val - for being there for me behind the scenes
And all my wonderful Promenade Lounge bag stuffers!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sure can't wait to see all those pictures!!!!!

Thanks to all the parents for the candy and items for the bags, thanks to all of the donators for the bags. Thank you to the parents and teens for helping with the groups and the stations! It was a bit of rough seas at the time but we did it!

I'm so sorry that some missed it but hope they were able to receive their bags (thank you Val and Stefanie!). I know we had an issue with not knowing some of the room numbers!

I know I lost my paperwork for good that day and thank you to all that offered to get copies for me (VAL!!!! You were a God send or else those remaining FE gifts would have never been distributed!!).

And thank you to Frances for helping with the actual organizing the groups! We were truly trying to be considerate of all the other things going on on the ship hence the two times moving before being able to go!!!

Gosh, if I am leaving anything or anyone out, please forgive me. So many did assist and I am totally grateful!!!

Okay, back to getting my house in order. Yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter