October 21, 2023 6 night cruise to Bermuda from New York

Seaglasser

Earning My Ears
We are doing our 15th Disney cruise but first to Bermuda. Can anyone share some tips on good excursions; Horseshoe Bay, etc. We booked late and a lot of the excursions, including beach transfers, are sold out. Any tips would be appreciated!

Hello we will be sailing with you!

It’s our first time to Bermuda but another online friend of mine was there on the Fantasy this spring. She told us to make sure we bring cash as they wanted to buy bus/ferry passes to explore but found out they don’t take cards.

I’ve been told public transit is easy in Bermuda so we plan to bring cash, get passes and do Horseshoe Bay, Hamilton and St George on our own the first two days. I found a lot of info on the schedules and routes online.

We did get an excursion for our last day in port since missing the ship that day would be more problematic. Maybe some things will open up as we get closer.

Thank you! Very helpful information regarding cash. I am going to check out some of the transportation schedules and routes.

Does anyone know if any of the hotels offer day passes to use their beach and pool?

Hi. We are on this cruise too. We also booked late. We will be using public transportation and just explore on our own. Thanks for the cash tip. Is USD good, or do we need BMD?

My understanding is the exchange rate is fixed at 1:1 and they are both accepted equally however change may be given in Bermudan dollars.

Also they moved our Hidden Gems BR04 port adventure to day two in Bermuda so we are most likely going to drop it. If either of you are interested in it let me know and we can coordinate when I drop it.

Thank you. Is Horseshoe Bay considered the best beach to visit? Also, if you are not on an excursion, can you still rent chairs? I imagine it gets quite crowded especially if there are several boats in port.

I’ve heard Horseshoe Bay is the best if you want amenities like chair rentals, food, drinks etc. From my research Bermuda isn’t like Mexico where most beach front is associated with a hotel or beach club. It seems most beaches are public access and not really developed.

If you search Bermuda beaches on Google you can find several lists with others to consider. I’ve also read if you walk to the far end of Horseshoe Bay it is less crowded and there is a cool little more secluded spot.

I did just check the dock schedule and there will be another ship in port with us each day but only 1 other. There is a ship scheduled to take our berth right after we leave the last day so don’t miss all aboard! I suspect they will have to be pretty strict as a result, don’t think they can wait if another ship needs our spot.

Oh and I forgot to mention the excursion from Disney didn’t include chairs or anything it was just a ride. Anything you want is from the vendors there at the beach. That’s why I don’t think it is any big loss and much cheaper to just head there on your own. They have private beach shuttles at the port that will take you right there or you can take the public bus which also passes some other beach options.

All really good information- thank you. I think we will plan to use the beach shuttle to Horseshoe Bay and rent some chairs. It looks beautiful from the photos online.

Hi Everyone! I am on this cruise as well. I'm Platinum and this is my third time to Bermuda on DCL. It is a great cruise. SO EXCITED! But a bit upset this is the last year DCL will be going out of NYC.

All really good information- thank you. I think we will plan to use the beach shuttle to Horseshoe Bay and rent some chairs. It looks beautiful from the photos online.
The first 2 times I used the public transportation, but you have to walk up and down a HUUUGGEE hill. This time, we are going with Disney. The Public transportation is VERY easy and inexpensive. I don't want to dissuade you. You can also leave when you are ready... Just walk up the hill to the bus stop.

Oh and I forgot to mention the excursion from Disney didn’t include chairs or anything it was just a ride. Anything you want is from the vendors there at the beach. That’s why I don’t think it is any big loss and much cheaper to just head there on your own. They have private beach shuttles at the port that will take you right there or you can take the public bus which also passes some other beach options.
The public bus is easy and clean, but you have to walk up and down the huge hill. The beach is stunning. The best one on the Island.

Thank you. Is Horseshoe Bay considered the best beach to visit? Also, if you are not on an excursion, can you still rent chairs? I imagine it gets quite crowded especially if there are several boats in port.
Yes, you can rent chairs and umbrellas. It won't be that crowded this time of year.

Hi Everyone! I am on this cruise as well. I'm Platinum and this is my third time to Bermuda on DCL. It is a great cruise. SO EXCITED! But a bit upset this is the last year DCL will be going out of NYC.
Hi. We are upset that NYC is not happening in 2024. Hopefully, DCL will be back in 2025, and even better if was the Magic. NYC is very convenient for us and the Magic is our favorite ship.

Anyone book a VGT cabin? Still waiting on our room assignment.

The public bus is easy and clean, but you have to walk up and down the huge hill. The beach is stunning. The best one on the Island.
Thank you for the information - not looking forward to the huge hill but Disney excursions to the beach are sold out.

Hi. We are upset that NYC is not happening in 2024. Hopefully, DCL will be back in 2025, and even better if was the Magic. NYC is very convenient for us and the Magic is our favorite ship.

Yes we booked a VGT cabin - no assignment yet. I was thinking it was still too early.

I hope so, and the Magic is my favorite ship as well. I guess it did not sell well. I loved that we did not have to fly. Crossing fingers for 2025 return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter