October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby, you better have an 8 x 10 glossy made up of that one. It's adorable. Then when they get older and don't like each other that much anymore, show them this picture.:)

No kidding! Also I can remind them that on Tuesday night we were out side playing. Hayden was whacking around golf balls and Gwynne walked right in front of him and got nailed on the cheek by the clubhead. On the picture of them hugging, you can see her cheek is bruised. Childhood is painful!

Well, Brenda when you find out, tell me. I got you beat this morning. I was wide awake at 5:00! I can't believe that Ron Popeal (sp?) is still selling those "Set it and forget it ovens"!! :rotfl2: And did you know that you can now buy a contraption that browns food in microwaves? And you can buy the Time/Life Malt Shop Oldies for 5 easy payments of $29.99 plus S&H?...and........:scared1:

:rotfl2: OMG Nancy! So funny! We were given one of those ovens/roasters/whatever it is. We never used it. Sold it in a garage sale still in the box. The infomercials that usually get me are the exercise ones. :yay: I bought the Core Secrets one about a year ago and this morning was the first time I ever used it. It better tighten my abs, butt and thighs like it promises!! I started off with the Billy Blanks Boot Camp and after 10 minutes thought I was going to keel over. Back in the box that goes!

Princessmom... Elouise loves the photos of Hayden and Gwynne, she said Gwynee looked like a ballerina for real !!!:wizard: how sweet!

Spider update

Rentokill came out and caught the spider, from behind our cooker.
It was really quite small, ...................I felt a bit silly!

But the man said the small ones from South Africa can give a bad bite!

:scared1: :scared1:

Tescos called and confirmed the grapes were from scilily ( Sp?) Italy, so no need to worry about a poisonious spider. They confirmed the white webbing was a spiders egg nest ( yuck !)

Gave me some free grapes ....................dont want to eat graps at present... kind of put me off!

At least spider has gone :thumbsup2

GAAAAACK!!!!!! :scared1: At least it wasn't poisonous, that's something good to take from the experience.

I don't want to eat grapes anymore either, thanks Linda. ;)

I hate spiders...I have been known to run screaming from the house because an eight-legged critter came crawling out of the drain. :rotfl2:

Spider update

Rentokill came out and caught the spider, from behind our cooker.
It was really quite small, ...................I felt a bit silly!

But the man said the small ones from South Africa can give a bad bite!

:scared1: :scared1:

Tescos called and confirmed the grapes were from scilily ( Sp?) Italy, so no need to worry about a poisonious spider. They confirmed the white webbing was a spiders egg nest ( yuck !)

Gave me some free grapes ....................dont want to eat graps at present... kind of put me off!

At least spider has gone :thumbsup2

Where oh where art thou, oh AFEG???? :confused3

I woke before sunlight and have waited most eagerly for a glimpse of you today, but alas...in vain.

There is nothing left for me now... :sad1:

**See what happens when Brenda has no one to play with on Saturday morning?** :rotfl2:

Good Morning Everyone

I have a question about tipping. I know that we tip everyone on the last night. But do we still give them an envelope of cash or is it automatically charged to our room and we pay it off at the end of the cruise?

Here is what I found for sizes:

Reminderbands:
Large = 8 3/8" (.5" wide)
Medium = 7 3/8" (.5" wide)
Child = 5 7/8" (.4" wide) - they say this is usually for children 4-6 y.o.

Lime Green is available
Only Ariel font

EZ Bands:

Adult = 8"
Youth = 7"

Lime Green is available
Their site is being updated and I don't remember if they had the Disney font. I believe they are.​

There are other dealers, but some require a 100 minimum. I don't think we'd get to that level, but if we do, I can look into those as well.

Guess there are only two options.

I did some measuring and I would say we should probably go with Reminderbands. Everyone in my family is on the small side of things and need the smaller sizes.

Carrie - I was so sorry to read about your mom....how awful for all of you. Is your poor dad okay?:sad1: I'm glad that today was a better day for her. We will keep you in our prayers. Great story about your proposal!!!! My husband proposed to me on the Haunted Mansion in WDW!!! I will never forget it.......I said yes and he started screaming to his mom (who was in the car behind us) "she said yes...she said yes" Well, then everyone began to applaud. I was so embarassed! :goodvibes :

Thank you so much for your concern. My father seems to be doing ok now that she is home. While in the hospital my father fell apart and could not handle being there and put me in charge of everything so he would not have to be there. But now he is just trying to make sure she gets plenty of rest and eats.

I hope I've remembered everyone........It's late, and I have a soccer picnic tomorrow for my youngest. I better get some rest......16 six-year -old soccer players is gonna take all the energy I have!!! :yay:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!!!:hug:

I wish you all the luck with the picnic. You are braver then I am. I can not handle more then just my 4 year old at times. She has a friends b-day party tonight so we will see how that goes.

Fully understand the "no political debate" on the DIS.I thought I read somewhere that if he steps down now, they can appoint someone to the post and avoid an election. I'm not sure if I have that right. What happens from here?

The labour party will vote for a replacement as we don't have a vice prime minister. At the moment the likely replacement is Gordon Brown, our Treasurer. The replacement stays as Prime Minister for the rest of the term and I think that's about two years.

I know there has been some talk about how we were going to identify each other when we got to port. What we did on my Jan '06 cruise is got those rubber/silicone bracelets (similar to the Lance Armstrong ones).

Jeff, I love the idea. I think the Reminderbands would be best seeing as they do three sizes. I'll PM you.

Good Morning Everyone. I have a question about tipping. I know that we tip everyone on the last night. But do we still give them an envelope of cash or is it automatically charged to our room and we pay it off at the end of the cruise?

If you decide to charge the tips to your account (tipping only what Disney recommend) Disney gives you envelopes and slips/tickets that you enclose in the envelopes. You can then add extra $$$ in with the tickets, should you wish to reward anyone that's gone that extra mile.

Hope that makes sense.
Heather

Carrie, my heart goes out to you and your mom & family! I can't imagine how hard it must be for all of you but on the bright side, you still have her! I would give almost anything to have my mom back, even for a day! She died 10 years ago this December and it hurts my heart everytime I think about how she will never meet Kira and Kira will never meet her. I am the youngest of her 5 children and I only had 26 years with her. She died young at 57, she had a rough life yet she was an AMAZING woman, only ever truly happy when she was doing things for other people. :

Thank you. It was a real hard month that is for sure. I am the only child, so I felt all the decsions were on me. But we made it through. I never realize how much my mother means to me until this happened. I spent alot of time thinking back on the years we have had together and realized that the things I thought were stupid back then are the things a remember the most now. Mackenzie is "my only child" so I am very thankful that she has gotten to spend time with her grandma and even her great grandma. It is just really hard for her to understand why grandma is not watching her every week like she used to and why she has to go to daycare now. But I know some day she will understand.

GREAT NEWS! We got the house!!! They called early this morning and said that they liked us and weren't going to show it to anyone else, they want us to have the house!!! :banana: So, we are trying to work out a rent-to-own thing and should be moved in by mid-June. Rob and I spent the night packing and organizing. No elliptical tonight but I sure got a workout getting packed!!

Congrats on getting the house. I looked at the pics. It is so cute. Nothing like houses out here. I love it. :cheer2: :jumping1:

If you decide to charge the tips to your account (tipping only what Disney recommend) Disney gives you envelopes and slips/tickets that you enclose in the envelopes. You can then add extra $$$ in with the tickets, should you wish to reward anyone that's gone that extra mile.

Hope that makes sense.
Heather

So can you not charge them to you room and just pay them all in cash?

Just a quick hi to all...........

Glad you're back and posting again, Brenda!:thumbsup2

VERY busy day.........:scared1:

Enjoying all the pics.........keep 'em coming!

Paige

Where oh where art thou, oh AFEG???? :confused3

I woke before sunlight and have waited most eagerly for a glimpse of you today, but alas...in vain.

There is nothing left for me now... :sad1:

**See what happens when Brenda has no one to play with on Saturday morning?** :rotfl2:

For i am here, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." .....:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter