October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOS

Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends
Thanks for the offer Linda. I do have a couple of scrapbooking shops that are local, but there not as good value as Hobbycraft. Hobbycraft also stock Flower Arranging supplies...my other obsession.
Heather

I also take advantage of any trip to the US and stock up when I'm there. I have already found a shop in Alaska when where there in May. Just need to find something in California now. But keep it quiet as Rick will go mad.
Heather

sorry,did i nick it?....:rotfl2:

Good job Chris! Last one to post on page 200 and you made post #3000!! :cool1:

batten down the hatches!! they are calling for 10 to 15 inches of snow today and another 6 to 10 tomorrow in ne ohio. blizzard warnings everywhere.

Easy does it Mike and Robin. I hope you are all stocked up on good food, good alcohol and of course, good chocolate. We've been getting snow all day today too but not as much as Ohio. :banana:

Is Mr Brenda home yet???:drive:

:lmao: :lmao:

Yeah, thanks for asking everyone - he did finally make it home. Had to drive backwards down an entrance ramp to get off the highway and killed time with a work buddy who was stuck in the truck in front of him on the highway.

Just goofy! It's still snowing here.

Hope you guys in Ohio are ready for some bigtime snow - keep warm!

As far as I know only guests staying in Concierge level rooms on DCL can order from Palo. That means Chris is everyone's new best friend! ;)

O.K. I hate the search function on the DIS.

I am trying to locate when we talked about Trip Insurance on our DIS meet. When you put in "insurance" in the search this thread screen, it comes back nothing. That is just F'd up. I know for a fact we talked about this and the deal the UKers could get for the full year.

What I'm trying to find out is the name of an American company that offered the same type of insurance. I know someone mentioned it. It would be a policy that would cover all my travels for an entire year.

Anyhow, if anyone remembers the name of the company or when we were talking about it (maybe one of our UKers knows by when they purchased a policy), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi! We're very icy here tonight. I hate ice. Closed the office early, and will probably go in late tomorrow.

I think I read somewhere that only cats 1-2 can order Palo for room service. :confused: We were booked in a cat 3 at one time. We've since moved. :cool2:

Nancy, hope you feel better soon. Brenda, glad Jason got home safe & sound. Paige, good luck with DH's promotion.

OK, all you "nudie" sleepers! My goodness, quite an eye opener! :eek: Security might seem some interesting articles of clothing, but no pajamas for this bunch! :rotfl2:

Cass, good for you for being the first one here to book a shore excursion. Wow! That's some planning! Sounds like fun! We're going to wait til the 105 day mark. But we'll probably book that Butterfly one in Key West. I think that was you who mentioned that one a few pages ago.

Does anyone here watch NCIS? We love it! Just know that Tony's girlfriend is going to get bumped off any day now. The writing is on the wall! :teacher:

Well, it's getting late! Jeff, I'm really bummed that your percentage to stay is that low. Keep talking to Suz!

Goodnight!

but in baby Kira case she is adorable full stop,a beautiful little thing who could be eaten in one mouth full with or without sugar.....

:goodvibes I tend to agree with you! :rolleyes: Sometimes I just wanna cover her in chocolate and eat her all up!! :love:

Poohbush, actually it's my second excursion booked so far! :woohoo: I booked the Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab in January! :rolleyes: The only one left now is the parasailing on Castaway Cay but I can't book that until 90 days out.

So, I am finally off my prednisone (steroids) and saw my hematologist today. My platelets are good but I gained over 10 lbs on the darn drug. Now I have 30 freakin' pounds to lose!! :headache: :sad2: The good news is that Kira is sleeping well in her crib and will be taking regular naps so I have time now to work out every day! And when it gets nicer out, I can even go for walks! This snow thing sucks!!

Brenda, glad Jason is home soon! Get workin' on that trippie ok?? I need some good Disney entertainment! :woohoo:

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better soon! :sick: It's tough to be sick and even tougher when you are kicked out of your own bed!! Dust stuff coming your way! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Heather, :yay: Shout out to a fellow scrapper! I haven't scrapped since my daughter was born, and boy do I have a lot of photos to scrap now!!! Did you ever see my Digital DCL Scrapbook that I posted on the DCL forum?? If not, you can check it out here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1201849&referrerid=&highlight=scrapbook

I need to get all caught on my scrapping this year or I will be so far behind I may even give up! :sad1:

I agree with Jeff, this is a great group to cruise with and I can't wait to meet everyone in person! It's gonna be weird cus we know each other quite well and yet have never been face to face. I hope it's not like my last cruise, I chatted with lots of DISers online beforehand but when we met face to face, a lot of people were too shy to even talk to us!! :sad1:

Note to fellow cruisers....if you see us, don't be shy!!! Come and chat with us...we don't bite....hard. :rolleyes: We are Canadians, so we HAVE to be friendly eh????!!!!! :upsidedow

Oh Cass, thats so true with us too. IF you do see us on the boat or anytwhere else, please shout out to us. A couple of times, we truely didnt see other Dissers, I would hate the to think we were ignoring them. ( It was our first cruise so we were always over whelemed by what was happening) a super lady called Belinda would always come over and say Hi.We would discuss what we had done for the the day etc. Though Belinda wasnt on our table ( wish she had been, but our table was already so large) In fact if we could we would have had a table for about 25! We loved Jen Mike Kyle and Nicole too.

Pooh bush whats NCIS? is it an American TV show?
We get Prision break, Lost, 24.

Jeff do you want companies that do annual multi trip insurance?
We are with Atlas direct, but will look around for a good deal in May, when this one runs out. I THINK Karen got a good deal at the Post office? Ellis has an allergy, so her costs could be alot higher with some companies. Who ever she got, I know after looking she got a great deal. Sure Heather mentioned something too? I had better note the repies down, or i'll be asking in May !

O.K. I hate the search function on the DIS.

I am trying to locate when we talked about Trip Insurance on our DIS meet. When you put in "insurance" in the search this thread screen, it comes back nothing. That is just F'd up. I know for a fact we talked about this and the deal the UKers could get for the full year.

What I'm trying to find out is the name of an American company that offered the same type of insurance. I know someone mentioned it. It would be a policy that would cover all my travels for an entire year.

Anyhow, if anyone remembers the name of the company or when we were talking about it (maybe one of our UKers knows by when they purchased a policy), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sorry Jeff, No information given out to Konked Kruisers who are planning on bailing on us!! Just Kidding!!:lmao:

I actually had that info on Monday but tossed it out in a bucket loaded with used Kleenex. I do like you, but sorry, not enough to dig through that bucket!!::scared1:

We just went through AAA but it is only for this trip.

Looks more and more like DD (Kristin) and her DBF (Jesse) will be going on this cruise with us. I got a quote for her from Dreams for a Cat 11. It is just under $2000.00. But add to that the flight, passports, tips, excursions, blah blah blah...it'll be considerably higher.

We had our taxes done last weekend and she is getting a nice chunk of change back from Uncle Sam. I'm thinking since today is Valentines Day, she will make her pitch to Jesse today. :love:

Keep your fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Now, this probably means that DS (Tony) and his Fiance' (Stacy) will also want to go. :banana:

I'm just loving it that my kids still want to go on vacations with us. It does also mean that it gets more expensive for us because now we have to put the dog in a kennel for 10 days. Poor Pooch!! I don't know a soul who would watch our guy for 10 days. He'll be almost 2 1/2 by October but is still a real handful. :sad2:

OK..I guess if I feel well enough to go to work (yuck), I can hop on that bike for a bit.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all!!

Looks more and more like DD (Kristin) and her DBF (Jesse) will be going on this cruise with us. I got a quote for her from Dreams for a Cat 11. It is just under $2000.00. But add to that the flight, passports, tips, excursions, blah blah blah...it'll be considerably higher.

We had our taxes done last weekend and she is getting a nice chunk of change back from Uncle Sam. I'm thinking since today is Valentines Day, she will make her pitch to Jesse today. :love:

Keep your fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Now, this probably means that DS (Tony) and his Fiance' (Stacy) will also want to go. :banana:

I'm just loving it that my kids still want to go on vacations with us. It does also mean that it gets more expensive for us because now we have to put the dog in a kennel for 10 days. Poor Pooch!! I don't know a soul who would watch our guy for 10 days. He'll be almost 2 1/2 by October but is still a real handful. :sad2:

OK..I guess if I feel well enough to go to work (yuck), I can hop on that bike for a bit.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all!!

Hey, I might know of a SPH room they could have. How much more is a Cat 10 than a Cat 11?

Karen,

I've been meaning to change my avatar.........I kept forgetting! Now it may be a little easier to see our posts at a glance. That is, if I haven't chosen another one that someone else has!:rotfl:

I think we both have great taste!:)

How wierd! - I was going to change mine too!:rotfl: I like your new one - I may swap to that one now;) - only kidding:goodvibes

Jeff do you want companies that do annual multi trip insurance?
We are with Atlas direct, but will look around for a good deal in May, when this one runs out. I THINK Karen got a good deal at the Post office? Ellis has an allergy, so her costs could be alot higher with some companies. Who ever she got, I know after looking she got a great deal. Sure Heather mentioned something too? I had better note the repies down, or i'll be asking in May !

I'm looking for the one that will cover the whole year.

If Karen remembers when she purchased it, I probably could find the posts regarding it. Someone posted the name of a company in the US that had such a policy.

But to go through 200 pages of posts when you can't do a decent search is like finding a needle in a haystack. :sad2:

I'm looking for the one that will cover the whole year.

If Karen remembers when she purchased it, I probably could find the posts regarding it. Someone posted the name of a company in the US that had such a policy.

But to go through 200 pages of posts when you can't do a decent search is like finding a needle in a haystack. :sad2:

Hi folks...just catching up on the last few pages - why do you always talk so much when I'm not online:confused3 :rotfl:

The insurance co we used was direct-travel.co.uk, another good and cheap option is asda - (walmart may have a similar one). Just google seach under "annual insurance" - you should find several to choose from. It also depends on howe long your trips are for. Ours allows us 30 days or less vacation at one time and covers worldwide and any pre-existing illness if no hospitalisation within the last 3 years - pretty standard terms that most companies use.

Happy valentines day everyone:love: ....well.....the postman didnt bring me any cards:sad1: , but my son did make me a lovely one:goodvibes . Hubby forgot to buy one so used the spare card I had bought - great - I now buy my own cards:sad2: .

Hi folks...just catching up on the last few pages - why do you always talk so much when I'm not online:confused3 :rotfl:

The insurance co we used was direct-travel.co.uk, another good and cheap option is asda - (walmart may have a similar one). Just google seach under "annual insurance" - you should find several to choose from. It also depends on howe long your trips are for. Ours allows us 30 days or less vacation at one time and covers worldwide and any pre-existing illness if no hospitalisation within the last 3 years - pretty standard terms that most companies use.

Happy valentines day everyone:love: ....well.....the postman didnt bring me any cards:sad1: , but my son did make me a lovely one:goodvibes . Hubby forgot to buy one so used the spare card I had bought - great - I now buy my own cards:sad2: .

Karen,

Thanks. I'll try a google search again, but last time it didn't get me what I wanted. Do you remember when you purchased your policy? That would at least give me an approximate date to look for.

OK..I guess if I feel well enough to go to work (yuck),

Forget that idea. I made it at work for 2 hours and now on top of this cold I have, I've got the "Bubble Guts"!! One more sick day for me.....:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter