October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE THE DIS MEET AT THE TERMINAL ETC

Perhaps we could just make a note on a post (like Lindy did for wine tasting) of who intends to get there 10am, noon, 2pm etc and then we can know roughly who might be at the terminal at the same time as us and look out for them and then have the sailaway party to meet up with others who arrived at a different time. For those of us who are on early sitting the sailaway meet might be a short one, but at least we'll get to say a quick hello. Lovely Lindy is organising the wine thing for later in the week too so that will be another chance to get together cos I think most of us are attending that.

Karen. neil and Ellis will be getting there early at 10am (unless the shuttle traffic stops us).

Oooh! - I did have somehting to say!

Jeff - nice bands:thumbsup2 ....you do your date differENt in USA. Could we have Oct 20 instead of 10/20 if theres room? I KNOW, I KNOW, THERES ALWAYS ONE WITH SOMETHING TO MOAN ABOUT:rolleyes1

another alternative would be a badge/button/pin?

No idea if this would be cheaper / easier to wear or put on a bag etc.?:confused3 - just a thought. We have a Dibb pin that we pin to our park bag.

Either way, we'll have whatever is made:goodvibes

Neil, Ellis and I will have one each.

Cheryl

Thank you so much for wishing me luck, I will need it. It is a long story I will try to make short. On April 2, my father woke to find my mother dead. After calling 911 they could tell she just died, so several attempt at CPR were made and unsucessful. They shocked her back. She spent 18 days in ICU on life support. Durning that she was shocked a total of 7 times. On night 17, 9 out of the 11 drs. told me that I should give up hope and pull the plug that she was completly dead just the machines were working for her. I went home that night to try to sleep and think. On the morning of the 18th day she came to and was taken off life support. On day 22 she was transfered to another hospital to have a pacemaker installed. The pacemaker is now working for her 65% of the time. She went home on day 25. Her energy level is really low, and she is in a lot of pain because they broke her ribs while doing CPR and shocking. She is still determined to go on the cruise so she want me to make her walk one day a week. But she is not eating at this point so she does not have the energy to walk. I am hoping her seeing Mackenzie will be enough will power to make her walk.

Carrie-
I am so sorry about your mom. I hope she continues to improve and you have many more years with her.
Abby

I know there has been some talk about how we were going to identify each other when we got to port. What we did on my Jan '06 cruise is got those rubber/silicone bracelets (similar to the Lance Armstrong ones).

What do you think of that idea? The cost of the bracelets ranges from about $2.00 to $2.50 depending on the company and shipping costs. There would also be postage/shipping from me to you. All in all, I'd say around $3.00 each, but I'd have to first find out who I could order from and so on. So this is just a ballpark. I would give you a definite before I placed any orders.

One sight I came across had a Disney font available. Using "Konked Kruisers 10/20/07" it would look like this:

Sample.png

The downside with this company is they only have 1 adult size and 1 youth size. They also don't offer Lime Green (at least I didn't see it offered - only green).

Other sites have 2 adult sizes and a Youth and Child size. That company is a little more per bracelet.

So, just wondering what is important to everyone.

Color?
Price?
Sizes to choose from?
Font?
Anything I'm forgetting.​

Is this something you would like me to pursue?

What message would you want on it? I think we are limited to 25 characters (and no that doesn't mean Mickey, Donald, Goofy or the rest of the gang).

Jeff-
I think this is a great idea too. I am sure Dave won't wear one but my 2 kids and I will. I'm not picky about color or cost so I'll definately get 3.
Thanks,
Abby

GREAT NEWS! We got the house!!! They called early this morning and said that they liked us and weren't going to show it to anyone else, they want us to have the house!!! :banana: So, we are trying to work out a rent-to-own thing and should be moved in by mid-June. Rob and I spent the night packing and organizing. No elliptical tonight but I sure got a workout getting packed!!

LOL, you guys must be getting sick of me posting all these photos! :lmao:

Cass-

Congrats on the house!! From the pictures, it looks gorgeous! Lots of character and charm.

That's so sad about your mom. I can't even imagine how bittersweet this Mother's Day will be for you. An old friend of mine just lost her mom this past Tuesday. She was recovering from leukemia and had an aneuryism. Even though I don't see my mom much, losing her would be devastating.

Keep posting pictures. I love seeing everyone's. :thumbsup2

Abby

Good Morning Everyone!!!! Just a quick post before I start my crazy day with the boys!!:scared1:

Cass - Congratulations on the house!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Buying a new home is sooooo much fun......and so much work!!!! Best of luck to you!!!:cheer2: And don't think twice about the pics you post....there great. We can never get enough pictures!!! Rob's hobby looks really cool! Next weekend I am involved in a big fund raiser for the American Cancer Society called Relay for Life.......we have a group of Storm Troopers coming to our event to pose for pics for a donation......it should be really exciting......I'll post some pics when I can!:yay:

Have a great day!!!:banana:

I will never be able to keep up! :lmao:

So to all you daughters out there, go give your mom a BIG HUGE HUG and tell her how much you love her! And to all you Mothers out there...a big HUGE HUG to you, OMG what a hard job it is, I never knew until recently. Kudos to you all!!

GREAT NEWS! We got the house!!! They called early this morning and said that they liked us and weren't going to show it to anyone else, they want us to have the house!!! :banana: So, we are trying to work out a rent-to-own thing and should be moved in by mid-June. Rob and I spent the night packing and organizing. No elliptical tonight but I sure got a workout getting packed!!

LOL, you guys must be getting sick of me posting all these photos! :lmao:

Cass, OMG, you had me crying this morning already. YES, YES, YES, my mommy will get a great big hug from me today!!:hug:

Fantastic news about the house too. :yay: Mid June? Better get busy girl. Do you need someone to watch Kira for the next month or so while you move?:rotfl2:

I will never tire of seeing your pictures. And I can't be the only one who has ever said you have the most beautiful eyes.:cutie:

RE THE DIS MEET AT THE TERMINAL ETC

Perhaps we could just make a note on a post (like Lindy did for wine tasting) of who intends to get there 10am, noon, 2pm etc and then we can know roughly who might be at the terminal at the same time as us and look out for them and then have the sailaway party to meet up with others who arrived at a different time. For those of us who are on early sitting the sailaway meet might be a short one, but at least we'll get to say a quick hello. Lovely Lindy is organising the wine thing for later in the week too so that will be another chance to get together cos I think most of us are attending that.

Karen. neil and Ellis will be getting there early at 10am (unless the shuttle traffic stops us).

Good morning Karen.....I guess afternoon for you now:) ......
Mike, the boys and I will be at the terminal early.......we usually try for around 10:00 a.m. or before.....we like to be able to get on the ship as soon as they will lets us!!! Meeting at the Sail Away party might be a little hard for us......we are cruising with 2 other families (one of which has never sailed on DCL before) and this is our big yahoo send off!!! :banana: The kids go crazy!!! I'm not sure if we can gather them up for a meet.....they will be too busy dancing!!!!:dance3: We will do our best to do whatever the group decides!!!

Missy

Missy, Have a great day. And a great big thank you for 100% participation in our Yahoo. Hey everyone, Missy filled in all the tables!!:yay: No cleaning up after this girl.:thumbsup2

We're off ourselves already this morning for a quick breakfast, running to the dump, PAYING OFF THE CRUISE, and lunch with my folks, my brother, and my kids (all but 1 who is enjoying a week in Arizona).

BTW...Go Phoenix Suns! Missy, we are huge Suns fans in this house. Always have been. (Don't tell the Bucks):rolleyes1

Later everyone..

Good Morning Nancy!!!! I'm sorry I have not yet had the chance to PM you with my stateroom number:sad1: .....I'll try to do it right now!!! :goodvibes
How are things is WI?

Missy, Have a great day. And a great big thank you for 100% participation in our Yahoo. Hey everyone, Missy filled in all the tables!!:yay: No cleaning up after this girl.:thumbsup2

We're off ourselves already this morning for a quick breakfast, running to the dump, PAYING OFF THE CRUISE, and lunch with my folks, my brother, and my kids (all but 1 who is enjoying a week in Arizona).

BTW...Go Phoenix Suns! Missy, we are huge Suns fans in this house. Always have been. (Don't tell the Bucks):rolleyes1

Later everyone..

Have a great day!!!!:banana:

I have so much to catch up on here........:faint: Just wanted to share a picture of Hayden and Gwynne from yesterday. Her dance recital is in 2 weeks so yesterday was picture day. Maybe if SOMEBODY in my house capable of operating a camera would actually take my picture, then maybe I could post one of myself. That or learn to use the self-timer on my camera.
100_0110.jpg

I guess I need to sign off for now......I need to get some things done around here before leave for the soccer picnic:yay: .....Have a great day everyone.....:cool1:

I have so much to catch up on here........:faint: Just wanted to share a picture of Hayden and Gwynne from yesterday. Her dance recital is in 2 weeks so yesterday was picture day. Maybe if SOMEBODY in my house capable of operating a camera would actually take my picture, then maybe I could post one of myself. That or learn to use the self-timer on my camera.
100_0110.jpg

What a little doll!!! princess: I don't have any daughters of my own but I sure love seeing my niece in her dance recital....so cute:yay:

**Waves**

Just wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes for the man. Very much appreciated! :goodvibes

Since there were so many pages to catch up I'm just going to issue a general thread-wide hug for everyone who needs and deserves it. :grouphug:

Love all the pictures!! :thumbsup2

We're taking Jay's mom out for an early dinner today since I won't be able to eat food tomorrow. Jay has to work tomorrow anyway, so this will be best for everyone.

And on a completely unrelated topic, could someone please tell me why I was wide awake at 6AM this morning when during the week it's all I can do to drag my sorry butt out of bed by 7AM? :confused3

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. :flower3:

Abby, you better have an 8 x 10 glossy made up of that one. It's adorable. Then when they get older and don't like each other that much anymore, show them this picture.:)

**Waves**

And on a completely unrelated topic, could someone please tell me why I was wide awake at 6AM this morning when during the week it's all I can do to drag my sorry butt out of bed by 7AM? :confused3

Well, Brenda when you find out, tell me. I got you beat this morning. I was wide awake at 5:00! I can't believe that Ron Popeal (sp?) is still selling those "Set it and forget it ovens"!! :rotfl2: And did you know that you can now buy a contraption that browns food in microwaves? And you can buy the Time/Life Malt Shop Oldies for 5 easy payments of $29.99 plus S&H?...and........:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter