October 2017 Discount and code watch

Welp, right now I'm looking at the site, and it's showing availability at quite a few resorts. But after clicking on a resort, it shows all categories are full. So obviously there's some website issues again, but since the GP Summer RO offer ends tomorrow, maybe we should be on the lookout for late Fall.

Welp, right now I'm looking at the site, and it's showing availability at quite a few resorts. But after clicking on a resort, it shows all categories are full. So obviously there's some website issues again, but since the GP Summer RO offer ends tomorrow, maybe we should be on the lookout for late Fall.

Yup that's exactly been my experience for the last 2 weeks.

Yup that's exactly been my experience for the last 2 weeks.
I thought I was going nuts! I have been playing with dates for October for over a week and one minute something is available and the next it's not. It happened many times. Fingers crossed that something will be announced VERY soon!!!

I thought I was going nuts! I have been playing with dates for October for over a week and one minute something is available and the next it's not. It happened many times. Fingers crossed that something will be announced VERY soon!!!

Well the availability does seem pretty sparse, but there's been theories buzzing around the reasoning for a while now. October crowds are getting higher due to Fall Breaks and just general knowledge of Disney to know how to keep people coming all year round. But the site's been wonky. There's no doubt about it. It's always best to call in for availability, and I'm trying to keep from booking a Deluxe for our dates just to prevent one more reason for Disney to keep the discounts from rolling out for the resort we're hoping for. Suffice it to say though, the outsourcing of their IT department is showing its ugly head.

Yep. But then when u click to check for avail in that screen that shows no avail it will update it and show you exactly what is avail. At least it did yesterday. What a mess!

Well the availability does seem pretty sparse, but there's been theories buzzing around the reasoning for a while now. October crowds are getting higher due to Fall Breaks and just general knowledge of Disney to know how to keep people coming all year round. But the site's been wonky. There's no doubt about it. It's always best to call in for availability, and I'm trying to keep from booking a Deluxe for our dates just to prevent one more reason for Disney to keep the discounts from rolling out for the resort we're hoping for. Suffice it to say though, the outsourcing of their IT department is showing its ugly head.
I'm with you! I have been holding off on a deluxe reservation for the same reason. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. As you said, availability seems pretty sparse so I guess what will be will be!

I called today to see if there is any discounts and the cm seemed to emply that they are around the corner. Of course she couldn't say for sure. If I had to guess I would suspect that Monday is the day. We are staying at BCV so I did go ahead and book because I really want to stay there. But will switch to another if the discount is good enough.

Yep. But then when u click to check for avail in that screen that shows no avail it will update it and show you exactly what is avail. At least it did yesterday. What a mess!

Good Lord...maybe we should hope a company like Travelocity buys out Disney. Then we'd at least have a good site for booking hotels :upsidedow

I called today to see if there is any discounts and the cm seemed to emply that they are around the corner. Of course she couldn't say for sure. If I had to guess I would suspect that Monday is the day. We are staying at BCV so I did go ahead and book because I really want to stay there. But will switch to another if the discount is good enough.

I hope Monday!!! My husband and I are going for our first trip together Oct 28-Nov 4 with the disney dining plan and we are so excited.

Saving money would be great, too!!

Code came out this morning. It's kinda a joke for October excludes the weekends. Only mon to thurs. most of the rooms that were discounted late october are suites that cost like thousands.

I just switched form a 1BR at OKW to a !BR at Saratoga Springs in order to get the discount. It was about 520-ish off my old reservation. Definitely not as good as I had gotten in the past but still grateful for it. On that note...has anyone here stayed at SS?

I am trying to add the discount to an existing reservation. Boulder Ridge on a weekday. Fit all the criteria and they said it wasn't available. So, I asked them to check all the hotels on property and they couldn't find one room so then a supervisor said they were "checking with Disney because everyone was having issues trying to book" and to call back. I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to book other than SS?

As some have said above the general public discounts are out for the rest of the year.

This is the worst I've seen in many years- (10% at some Deluxe, 20% at others) not a huge surprise as even availability at rack rate is tight. I doubt the AP discount will be much better. Thankful I'm booked on bounceback/TA rates & hope they continue to be decent.

Despite the small savings, I hope this helps some of you lower your costs a bit!

I am trying to add the discount to an existing reservation. Boulder Ridge on a weekday. Fit all the criteria and they said it wasn't available. So, I asked them to check all the hotels on property and they couldn't find one room so then a supervisor said they were "checking with Disney because everyone was having issues trying to book" and to call back. I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to book other than SS?
I had a preexisting reservation with OKW and they wouldn't let me apply it to that AND they wouldn't let me drop it and rebook it. So I just cut my losses and booked SS.

I think there are problems with this discount. I wanted to apply one to Copper Creek Villas, it clearly lists it as the first hotel that can have the 20% and under exclusions says only the cabins aren't included. But when clicking into the hotel it only shows the rack rate. Talking to someone on chat they are looking into it for me. She said she's seeing it as part of the exclusion even though it's not showing that online.

I think there are problems with this discount. I wanted to apply one to Copper Creek Villas, it clearly lists it as the first hotel that can have the 20% and under exclusions says only the cabins aren't included. But when clicking into the hotel it only shows the rack rate. Talking to someone on chat they are looking into it for me. She said she's seeing it as part of the exclusion even though it's not showing that online.
I had the same question. The CM I talked to said it was excluded according to her info even though it said something else on the website. We struck out. Had a BCV room already booked. We really wanted to stay there. My CM tried to apply the discount to our current reservation but there was no BCV villas in the inventory. We only would switch for certain resorts and they weren't available. So no discount. I hope BCV is worth it.

I had the same question. The CM I talked to said it was excluded according to her info even though it said something else on the website. We struck out. Had a BCV room already booked. We really wanted to stay there. My CM tried to apply the discount to our current reservation but there was no BCV villas in the inventory. We only would switch for certain resorts and they weren't available. So no discount. I hope BCV is worth it.
The lady I talked to on the chat said the website is wrong and the rooms don't have the discount. I find that really annoying, how can they blatantly have it listed as having a discount and even show one on the page where it lists all the hotels prices then when clicking in only get rack rate. After work I'm going to call. It's isn't right to have such bad information listed.

upload_2017-7-17_8-45-25.png

upload_2017-7-17_8-45-54.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter