October 2017 Discount and code watch

How do you guys get these discount codes? I just booked an October 8th-13th trip, but it is at full price. Would really love to find a discount somewhere.

There is another thread on here regarding the unique offer codes if you all are looking for more information or people's experiences

I cancelled my Oct. reservation because of all the complications with the discount code. Extremely frustrating.

Mr X- maybe a TA would have better luck getting your code to work. ( I am not one, although I have been told I missed my calling as I do enjoy planning vacations and other events)

I honestly think their reservation system has some SERIOUS bugs in it and Disney has no clue or couldn't care less. When you can go online and see EVERY room category available at rack rate but then get a UOC and there is NOTHING available for those categories. Disney either limited it to 1 room available for UOCs per room category or even less, or there is a glitch.

Now I would like to think- they wouldn't send out UOC's to probably 10s of 1000s of people to try and get at least 1,000 reservations in that time frame and have such extreme low availability - why send out those codes if you are that booked up that nothing is available, you wouldn't have to,( mind you look at rack rate EVERYTHING IS AVAIL) so either this is just to grab peoples interest and probably p o enough people that they wont book, a bait and switch where oh we don't have anything for your dates available with the limited categories offered but look at the rack rates they look cheap to the "discounted rooms" and we have plenty of them, or there is just a straight up malfunction in their programing or algorithms. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt so I think there is just major software issues that may need addressed.

Hopefully someone from Disney Travel is watching these threads and they can address the problem. We were down last April prior to going on a Disney Cruise for 4 days at the Yacht Club and used a UOC for 30% off room.

How do you guys get these discount codes? I just booked an October 8th-13th trip, but it is at full price. Would really love to find a discount somewhere.
I think by continuously checking package prices online but never checking out! Lol, I did that for several months and then I finally booked it and received the email. I would do this Resort checking while signed in to MDE so they probably track that sort of activity... just a guess of mine :)

I never get any special codes, and I'm pretty sure it is because I go 3 times a year. They obviously know they don't have to encourage me.

A friend of mine just received a code but she hasn't stayed in a WDW resort for 2 years, so I'm sure they're trying to encourage her to return.

I think by continuously checking package prices online but never checking out! Lol, I did that for several months and then I finally booked it and received the email. I would do this Resort checking while signed in to MDE so they probably track that sort of activity... just a guess of mine :)

I do this all the time too, but never get anything, o_O

I never get any special codes, and I'm pretty sure it is because I go 3 times a year. They obviously know they don't have to encourage me.

A friend of mine just received a code but she hasn't stayed in a WDW resort for 2 years, so I'm sure they're trying to encourage her to return.

My mother gets them all the time but she goes maybe once every 5 years, if that. I go every other year and have never received one, but I have heard of people who go more often than I do and they get codes all the time, so still trying to figure out the logic.

Do you think that Disney is really sold out of rooms for my trip 10/25-11/1 or are they just not showing availability to get you to panic and book at rack rate. We are staying at BCV and I am not surprised that it is sold out but it seems like most every thing else is too! If you check the crowd calendars it's not supposed to be that bad 4,5,and 6........No free dining or any other discounts available during this time. Can't figure it out.

Do you think that Disney is really sold out of rooms for my trip 10/25-11/1 or are they just not showing availability to get you to panic and book at rack rate. We are staying at BCV and I am not surprised that it is sold out but it seems like most every thing else is too! If you check the crowd calendars it's not supposed to be that bad 4,5,and 6........No free dining or any other discounts available during this time. Can't figure it out.
They're not sold out, that's the week we're going too and it showed no availabilities online for the discount, but when we called, open rooms... you just need to call, thier computer system has been very messed up lately. First call, they couldn't even access reservations, 2nd call was told to call back next week, 3rd call I had my discount applied no problem and the CM didn't know what the problem was with the first 2 tries. My advice is keep calling until you get someone that can help you!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]IMG_6858.PNG IMG_6859.PNG

Got this email from Touring Plans. Weird that they'd send out an email for the Fall discount that already exists, don't you all think?

However, this does make me question something. Ive got my first 3 nights booked at Copper Creek, a Studio room. Think this implies Copper Creek won't be included in the next batch of RO discounts? If so, I'm gonna switch over to Riverside.

Anyone who is looking for Oct MK Dessert Parties, they are now open for reserving.

Well...I was getting frustrated...with the few of you on here posting about pin codes during the last part of October, same time as our stay, and when we called to check, nothing for us...yep, I was jealous.

So I composed a nice email to Disney...they called me today...on the July 4th Holiday.

They gave me a 20% discount on the garden view room at POFQ we already had booked Oct 28-Nov 1. The cast member said it was a new discount that was just now available as the fall discounts are starting to come online.

Love that pixie dust!

Last edited:
Well...I was getting frustrated...with the few of you on here posting about pin codes during the last part of October, same time as our stay, and when we called to check, nothing for us...yep, I was jealous.

So I composed a nice email to Disney...they called me today...on the July 4th Holiday.

They gave me a 20% discount on the garden view room we already had booked Oct 28-Nov 1. The cast member said it was a new discount that was just now available as the fall discounts are starting to come online.

Love that pixie dust!

Nice! Hopefully they show up online soon!!

the system has been updated and here is the package details (not sure if or when it will be on the website maybe they just did this special because I emailed in with our 20th anniversary trip details):
Recapture the Magic Room Offer

Offer Details
Book Through
October 5, 2017

Valid Travel Dates

Stays most nights October 8 through November 21 and November 25 through December 24, 2017

Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same room.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
  • Advance reservations required.
Offer Restrictions

• Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-Bedroom Villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Room and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

the system has been updated and here is the package details (not sure if or when it will be on the website maybe they just did this special because I emailed in with our 20th anniversary trip details):
Recapture the Magic Room Offer

Offer Details
Book Through
October 5, 2017

Valid Travel Dates

Stays most nights October 8 through November 21 and November 25 through December 24, 2017

Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same room.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
  • Advance reservations required.
Offer Restrictions

• Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-Bedroom Villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Room and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
I don't see anything new out in the Special Offers section yet.

So I just called and the cast member said there is currently no discount available for October....

Free dining ends 7/7 and Summer RO ends 7/14. I bet it will be viewable online around one of those dates.

Guest Relations has the capability of doing pretty much anything. They probably knew the discount was coming and to make your anniversary trip more magical, booked you in it. Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!