November trip thread

Yes, those of us at home are very concerned about your impending departure and the cool evening temps...keeping me up nights worrying about all the warmer Disney goodness you will soon be experiencing while we remain up north in that weather you described :charac2: :D
It's good to know I have the sympathies and concerns. :rolleyes1

But Thanks for the Laugh this morning. I needed that. I'll try to be just as gentle when I am home and you are on your next trip. :D

Seriously, hopefully one evening in the 30's shouldn't pose a problem and you'll have an uneventful departure and trip with only happy anticipation of the visit to keep your heart rate up!

Safe travels!!
Thanks for that advice (from you and the others). I know I am worrying for nothing. Especially for one night, but I still parked it and left the heater on low.

I had it all loaded up (or so I thought) last night and ready to roll. All I was going to have to do is "Hook" it back up today at the prescribed time and load the family and go. Then As I am getting ready this AM I am finding things that I need to put in the camper. Then as I make my lunch to take with me, I am like... UGH... All the food left in the fridge that will either have to go with us or get thrown away.

I know.... I am just stressing :scared: over small stuff. In the end, we will have an awesome trip. I just have to watch out for those little guys... You know the ones....:squirrel:

Safe travels Peg.

Sorry slow on the updates. Monday was beautiful worked part of the day then went to Epcot for lunch at Spice Road. Did not do any rides just walked around and then home for dinner. The dogs had a fabulous walk though. Cool weather helped yeti. They did the 700, 600, 900 and 800 loop.

Today the warm weather came back. Plan is to walk them and then hit AK and DHS.

as I make my lunch to take with me, I am like... UGH... All the food left in the fridge that will either have to go with us or get thrown away.

...I just have to watch out for those little guys... You know the ones....:squirrel:

Oh sure, watch all you want. Go ahead.

That's when they are actively stealing you blind.

Perhaps if you brought the refrigerator left overs as a peace offering...

Either way, safe travels.

Had a bit of a rough day but managed two parks. Went to AK and did the night time safari. It was ok, the best part was seeing the lions awake and the male actually got up and moved. I airways thought they were just lion around! Then watched the show on the tree of life. It was neat but am not sure I need to be in AK at night. After that we went to DHS for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. I went in with low expectations so I thought it was good. Disney really likes that new projection technology.

After that home to feed and walk dogs. Cutest thing ever we had a backup of 4 golf carts. The first stopped to pet Mallory. She then thought it was a pet Mallory parade and stopped at every one of them to get pets. Have I mentioned she is a rockstar. She is living up to that status.

Cutest thing ever we had a backup of 4 golf carts. The first stopped to pet Mallory. She then thought it was a pet Mallory parade and stopped at every one of them to get pets. Have I mentioned she is a rockstar. She is living up to that status.

That's so funny, garneska. You should have sent Bert out to the entrance of the loop to wave more golf carts into the loop to keep the Mallory Petting Parade going.

She's a rock star. :rockband: Bama Ed

You guys remember at GSP last year when Mallory and her road crew were coming up Sumac road? She had those Christmas lights going and we were all in the middle of the road watching her and she just had that look (I'm fixing to get some petting!)

Look, she even smiled like a rockstar when posing with my daughter.
IMAG0358.jpg

Last edited:

As i mentioned in the beginning of my trip report we moved, so coming home was going to be different. We could not park the rig at the house and take it to storage the next day. We were typically leaving disney at 11 and getting home at 8 pm. Then take the rig back the next day. Wednesday we had a new plan. We ran, then went to breakfast at trail's end (normally do this on check out day but needed the time). After breakfast, we stayed at the rig and packed up. We did everything including pulling the sewer (we always waited to departure day in case we needed to use the loo at night). However we needed an early jump on thursday. All worked out good. We got everything done inside and out and then had a nice dinner. First we fed and walked dogs. They got to see their new friends in the loop. I don't think they were dissers but they loved mallory. We had a nice dinner at artist point after every thing was done and then came back and went to sleep.

Thursday was check out day. We did good we pulled out at 8 am and off disney by 8:30. I did not crate yeti completely and he was able to get out and went by the door. At first it was cute but he was anxious. This is while it was still cute.

IMG_0110.JPG

Unfortunately that was not so good. His new nickname is Squirts. Let's just say we were planning on stopping at Okahumpka to get coffee but we had no choice as 8 miles before it, Squirts exploded. I got lucky it was on a matt, we threw it away. Concerned about the long drive though.

He made it. We stopped in Byron to fill up gas and then i took Squirts out. He made it till evening then. We got the storage facility at 5pm. We lost about 10 min due to Squirts, but managed to get the rig back in daylight. Then put Mallory's cart back on top of the Rav and drove home. The car is unpacked, some bags are. The dogs have been fed and Squirts has been out once, and still living up to his name. Guess i will be calling the vet tomorrow.

With that i hand it off to Peg. The mickey head is yours. Enjoy!!

At Fantasmic. Very crowded. With our fast pass we ended up on the extreme right of the theater. Not the most ideal location but I am sure the show will be just fine. It will just take forever to get out.

I can't see the Fort without Mallory. People can be so ugly. Our Little Missy is a barker. Someone said I should take her to the Vet. I just looked at them & walked away. Our life is bast around our 4 legged girls.

Thank all of you for the great November pictures & comments. wishing all of you a blessed Merry CHRISTmas!! We hope to see y'all in May.

So my pictures are not downloading off of my phone the way I want them to, so I will have to work on that

Got here on Thanksgiving and got to our site... Had HDDMR reservations for 8:30 PM. In the meantime, we did a little swimming at the pool. They now have the fence all the way around the pool. No Scanners for the MB and we had not issues. Pool wasn't too crowded either. It was a nice start of our camping trip after a long drive from NEPA.

We are in the 500 loop and there was a "Group" that had about 4 (or so) sites together. They were definitely the "Celebrate" type of campers. They were a little louder then we would prefer especially in to the evening. If they weren't on the OPPOSITE side of the loop as us, I might have had to complain. The kids they had around those sites were also not very mindful, even for kids. All I can say is thank GOD we were paying attention as we drove through the loop because they couldn't even care that you were coming through with a 5000 pound vehicle.

Went down to the settlement trading post before the HDDMR show. DW wanted to browser. Probably went TOO early though. everyone was getting a little hungry. DW was not feeling good and she thought it might have been the hunger she was feeling. So we got a Pizza at PJ's (TE Take out), and well, let's just say, it hit the spot, but not the spot we wanted. It was horrible in that the edge of the crust was burnt and the sauce had a medicinal taste too it. DW eventually decided she was NOT going to the HDDMR as she felt the food in there would end up back on the floor after a brief trip down her throat. It's sad because of course at this point, it's non-refundable. Even when we did get in, I started to eat (the salad). I then took a sip of my beer (and by sip, I mean it barely touched my lips), and my belly started playing games to the point I had to excuse myself to the outdoors. After about 5 minutes of fresh air, I did go back in. I did enjoy the meal but not as much as perhaps I might have were I not feeling a bit off. Otherwise HDDMR was a good show as usual.

Friday was DHS. Not sure How I feel about the way it is now. DW and DD11 weren't originally going to come but in the end, they did. So we did have ADRs for Mama Melrose's but DW cancelled them because it was just going to be me and the older 2 (DD19 and her BF22) and we are more flexible to meals on the go. Well since they were now going.... We wanted reservations and guess what... Yup... All gone. I tried checking all ways... No luck. Some how, while watching the Indiana Jones Stunt show, the DW managed to snag reservations for Mama Melrose's. YAY!

We ended DHS with Fantasmic..... We had FastPasses for it, and let me say..... NOT HAPPY with the FP seating. As you look at the "Stage" area, we were all the way on the left. We showed up relatively early too.

More to follow.... On our way to Ohana right now.

Don't forget to tell us about the comfort station issue that you mentioned above, Paul. popcorn:: Bama Ed

Don't forget to tell us about the comfort station issue that you mentioned above, Paul. popcorn:: Bama Ed
Okay, So we are in the 500 Loop (554) on this last trip. It's like 3rd from the end of the One Way loop on the outside. Anyway, after arrival, of course I had to, well... use the facilities. So I made my way over to the "Comfort Station" in our loop, which of course is almost the complete opposite of the loop. When I get there, there is a gentleman sitting outside. I greeted him politely and continued on in where I found ALL stalls were "Occupied". With a sigh, I walked out where the same gentleman was still sitting and politely invited me to "Get in line". I chuckled and walked over to the 300 Loop CS (which is actually a shorter trek to get to then the 500 Loop CS). Where my business was conducted without haste.

So when I get back to our site and check the map, I see that there is essentially one comfort station for the 400 and 500 loops and the 700 and 600 loops across the street don't have a comfort station either. The 600 loop is close enough to the CS in the 800 loop but depending on where you may be in that loop you might opt to use the CS in the 500 Loop (and find that you might have been better in the 800 loop).

Later on after the HDDMR, we walked back and out on the sidewalk there is a Sign directing the walkers along the road to the CS in the 500 Loop as well.

So with all this, it's no surprise that the 500 Loop CS is, well.... BUSY. From that point on, when I needed a CS (as we had 5 in our TT all using our small little facility) I would go and use the CS in the 300 Loop. Who would have thought that something as simple as this would be such a chore! o_O

So, on this trip, my DD19 Got engaged to her BF22.
MK_PLAZAGARDENEASTLAWN_20161130_7878098769.jpeg

He approached us a while ago and wanted to propose here in the MK. We managed to get a Photo Pass Photographer to capture the surprise occasion. Even had some onlookers who at first thought the photograper was there for normal shots and were in line. That was until the moment when the ring came out and he got on one knee.

MK_PLAZAGARDENEASTLAWN_20161130_7878098754.jpeg

My DW got The idea (from Pintrest) for the signs. The original was not Mickey Heads, but of course that is what the DW wanted, so guess who had to get it done... YUP! ME! They didn't turn out too bad though if I say so myself. They might have been seen a bit better if they weren't wearing black. All in All though, my DD19 was thorough caught off guard and excited. I guess since they have been together for over 3 years, it was time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter