November trip thread

So this is from photopass

IMG_0098.JPG

This is what happens when you get your new AP with free memory maker. Will be good for the half marathon. I was actually able to save the photos from April 2016 dark side half. Am sure that is a glitch.

Last night we went to flying fish. We enjoy the food but the atmosphere has always been loud. We were looking forward to trying it since it has been gutted and redone. The food and service were still fantastic but the ambience was great. Very adult and quiet and relaxing. Next to the restaurant is now the abracadabra bar (yes sea shore sweets is gone). I had heard about that but forgot. We decided to walk through but we were not planning on a drink until.......

We ran into our favorite server from territory lounge. I was trying to figure out how we would get there to see her. Walking into the bar she was there. She was selected as part of the opening crew. Great for her, and now we will pick any bar on the boat line to eat at. Though territory lounge still has the best mushroom soup. The great thing it was Tuesday and not really busy so we met a lot of the staff and had a chance to talk. We had two drinks. Not the usual crappy Disney bar menu either. We enjoyed it.

That led to a late night out as we had not planned on going to the bar. Still had to feed and walk dogs. Not a huge issue but had big plans for Wednesday and that meant running at 7 am.

Today we had breakfast at trails end, good as usual. Then we went to the outlet mall. We spent a lot longer there than expected. We both got some new, badly needed work clothes. No crying involved for anyone and yes Bert got clothes too.

Now we are cooking at the rig. We may go to MK tonight or we may not. I love having options.

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

Options are always great...

Your dogs look so content.... They look like they are living the "Good Life" :) Sounds like your trip is going great.

We did not make it to MK on Wednesday night, we did however make it all the way to 300 loop to see corgidad. Even yeti was happy to see him, but Mallory was thrilled. We were not really sure if yeti could make it that far but it was nice and cool that evening.

Thursday was a different day for yeti. That walk to 300 took a lot out of him. He was really slow. We had plans to meet a friend at Epcot and then had a nice dinner. We got back about 4 to walk dogs. I had to take Mallory further than yeti. He was just struggling. We had some transportation issues last night getting and from GF. Made all Dessie's just took a lot longer than it should have.

Today we went to MK for Mickey's bday. It was pretty crowded. First I had to walk my girl. Again we left yeti and went a little longer.

IMG_2168.JPG

I thought it was a good selfie.

Had great seats for the parade, but we did stake a spot out at 2:15.

Now sitting outside with dogs. Cooking dinner, drinking wine. It is a good day. Tomorrow AK.

Kris,

Mal looks pretty happy.

You're gonna miss the cold snap coming through up here tonight and tomorrow. The high today was 79F and the low Saturday night will be 34. So you and Bert enjoy the Florida sunshine. It looks like the weather next week where you are will be about the same it was this week.

Bama Ed

Thanks ed. Our coldest night will be Sunday night. Good from running perspective am planning 4 tomorrow which may be a touch warm if I don't start at 8 am. Sunday morning should be perfect for my 8 miler. Monday is off and am expecting it to be the coldest morning then 5 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Off Thursday so we can get the drive going. Have to get 10 miles in and then head to Montgomery.

Ok Kris is about to get on her soap box, sorry and I hate being an old biddy. Walked the dogs this evening. It's dark but Mallory is light up like a Christmas tree or rock star. We head to the top of 700 loop so we enter through the exit so we can see approaching traffic. From the entrance at 700 we cross big pine and enter at the exit of 600, again going against traffic. I know there is not a cross walk there but we cross big pine there anyway and we are lit up. Granted we don't get across the street that fast and we jump out in front of a car that has plenty of time to see us though he is definitely going faster than the 20 mph speed limit. He basically gets up on us. Close enough that I have one arm pulling Mallory across the street and the other I throw up like what the heck, slow down. He is close enough that I see him through his arms up a me. Well that pissed me off. Basically slow th **** down and expect people to cross the street. More than annoyed. Don't hit me and my rock star and no reason to be in that big of a hurry at the fort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Between myself and you guys, I saw Kris go off on a rant or two down at GSP this past May and all I can say is if a brawl breaks out I'm on her side...no matter who's in the right.

Just sayn...

Smart man Tiggerdad, your wife has done a good job .

I would not been as mad if he had not thrown up his arms too. It's not like we stepped out and he had to slam on breaks. Mal was just going slow and he was going fast so came up on us quickly.

Between myself and you guys, I saw Kris go off on a rant or two down at GSP this past May and all I can say is if a brawl breaks out I'm on her side...no matter who's in the right.

Just sayn...

I second that. :teeth:

Today we encountered much nicer drivers. However it really was busy at the fort this morning a lot of people leaving and more checking in. Got in a nice easy run. I was impressed I left with Bert in bed and came home to find he went out running too. I thought he would sleep, but need the calorie burn. We are eating like we are on vacation.

While I waited for him to finish I enjoyed some outside time.

IMG_0107.JPG

Next we went to AK. We had lunch at Tiffin's. We really enjoyed it. It's pricey and it is African flavors. I am thrilled Disney is offering up new things, if you are not adventurous eater then choose Rainforest Cafe. We had a great safari, animals were out and about with the white rhinos blocking our path so we had to wait. Next it was on to Publix. Should be good for the rest of the trip. We are outside cooking up pork chops, well bert is cooking I am watching dogs.

Yeti was a bit more chipper barking at the squirrel that went up his tree. This is after he chased it away.

IMG_0108.JPG

Mom I am a good boy, I made it leave!

Glad Yeti is feeling better and the drivers are a bit more "Fort like". Sounds like a pretty nice trip, overall.

j

We are here as of yesterday and set up in the 800 loop. Got to meet Mallory as I drank coffee outside the trailer.

Last night we made ribs, extra cheesy potatoes and baked beans then went looping. Finally topped the night with the light show and fireworks.

This morning took the dog and two year old for a walk.

Screenshot_20161120-095627.png IMG_20161120_100809.jpg

We were actually headed to the contemporary to go to California Grill for brunch. We went via MK. This was bag check at 11 am.

image.jpeg

Really love the brunch at California Grill though.

Before we went to brunch yesterday, we had to run. We were up early. Apparently it was cuddle time in the back though.

image.jpeg

Not sure what happened but two big dogs in about 4 square feet.

After brunch we said no way to MK or Epcot. Plus my glutes were hurting from my run. Hung out for an hour or so then went to Disney springs. It was pretty crowded not as crowded as the parks. It was early though around 3. Am sure in the evening it was packed. I had some specific things to purchase.

Then we went to Epcot as a pass through to go to abracadabra bar. Had a drink, talked to our favorite server. Back home to take out dogs and eat leftovers from brunch.

I can only imagine how nutty it will be today. I am planning on working at least a half day. It may be closer to a full day but I am not sure I can handle the parks anyways.

Well.... It's getting close now. We leave tomorrow after work, but now I have a dilemma. Saturday the weather started out very nice and up into the 70's.... then Saturday night, it got cold. Snow and sleet. Sunday Morning, we had an inch (or so) of accumulations (not on the roads or pavement, but on the grass, cars, camper, etc...)

I am worried about putting water in the tank with temps now to stay in the low 30's. I am more worried about the "Bottles" of water (and soda and other stuff) inside the camper too. I have a heater on inside the TT but for ease of departure (because we have to find "Neighbors" to move vehicles for us to get out safely) we relocate our TT at a big lot next to our house where it then is stand alone (think "Dry Camp") and I don't want to burn up all my propane before I even get on the road. "UGH!"

I will move it tonight after I finish the final loading though. Probably only fill the water tank about half way. That should do us well for our trip. I think I will take the Propane off the "Grill" to keep the TT warm and Fridge Cool and then replace it with a new one for the start of the trip.

Excited to leave (tomorrow) but the stress level is definitely UP!.

Well.... It's getting close now. We leave tomorrow after work, but now I have a dilemma. Saturday the weather started out very nice and up into the 70's.... then Saturday night, it got cold. Snow and sleet. Sunday Morning, we had an inch (or so) of accumulations (not on the roads or pavement, but on the grass, cars, camper, etc...)

I am worried about putting water in the tank with temps now to stay in the low 30's. I am more worried about the "Bottles" of water (and soda and other stuff) inside the camper too. I have a heater on inside the TT but for ease of departure (because we have to find "Neighbors" to move vehicles for us to get out safely) we relocate our TT at a big lot next to our house where it then is stand alone (think "Dry Camp") and I don't want to burn up all my propane before I even get on the road. "UGH!"

I will move it tonight after I finish the final loading though. Probably only fill the water tank about half way. That should do us well for our trip. I think I will take the Propane off the "Grill" to keep the TT warm and Fridge Cool and then replace it with a new one for the start of the trip.

Yes, those of us at home are very concerned about your impending departure and the cool evening temps...keeping me up nights worrying about all the warmer Disney goodness you will soon be experiencing while we remain up north in that weather you described :charac2: :D

Seriously, hopefully one evening in the 30's shouldn't pose a problem and you'll have an uneventful departure and trip with only happy anticipation of the visit to keep your heart rate up!

Safe travels!!

Yes, you're really worrying about nothing. Put water in the tank and if you aren't using the fridge, put the water and soda in that, the fridge will insulate it from the outside cold, but one night still won't freeze it inside the trailer. Have fun and safe trip.

I keep pop and water in my garage in the winter and it only freezes when temperatures get to the teens or singles for at least a day.
Happy camping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter