November Trip Reports

RoR wait was listed as a 165 minute wait when we got in line late afternoon. We chose to do so because the only other ride we wanted to do was Slinky Dog (no interest in Fantasmic though DD is a fan). I had believed Disney was starting to inflate wait times and it did take only 110 minutes (I say "only" :scared: ) before we got into the pre-show.

Not to give too much away but very realistic interiors from the movies.

As I said previously, it's an intense experience.

Galaxy's Edge looks good lit up at night.

We did have time to ride Slinky Dog (DW survived) and then we found ourselves about 815pm. Kids were done with Fantasmic and wanted to try for RoR so we met them there and they made it on before closing (our second time of the day). The wait was much shorter because at that late hour there was no Lightning Lane folks so the standby line moved quickly. It was 930pm when we exited the ride and started to make our way towards the car.

The Christmas tree looked nice all lit up.

This morning I cooked pancakes and sausage then went grocery shopping. On the way out this morning I saw it's a tight squeeze between sites 101 (right) and 102 (left).

On the way back, however, the dually was gone.

Finally to confirm that you CAN sit at TE tables as P&J customers on the day when TE is closed, here is a pic from Sunday night with the ribbon divider up to keep P&J customers away from the tables.

Trails End is closed today and this was the view this morning.

Note the ribbon divider is set way back in the distance.

Some napping, some monorail touring, and me doing some posting is what we're doing this afternoon. Will head over to Disney Springs for Raglan Road tonight.

Bama Ed

The directional boring machine was back in the Settlement area working today. Apparently yesterday while we were at Hollywood Studios, it bored from the pedestrian/golf cart paths over to the previously pictured spot in the golf cart parking lot across from HDDR. Today it picked up there in the parking lot and headed under the pavement for the corner of the Concierge/Ticket windows next to HDDR.

During looping we did notice two other Aliners presently at the Fort. This 8-footer in 400 across from me and this one with dormers in 1100.

This afternoon we were at Disney Springs and Raglan Road for dinner. Per tradition, I had an Irish beer while waiting.

We had dancers:

And musicians:

Some food pix in the next post.

Bama Ed

I got Me Ma's Chicken. It was okay.

DW got the That Salad with Chicken.

DD got the Gnocchi See Gnocchi Do.

The others were out of camera reach.

Got to put together a touring plan for tomorrow and watch more YT videos about virtual queues.

Bama Ed

PS - we had highs in the 70s, lows tonight in the 60s, and no rain but it was cloudy all day. Being Tuesday, HDDR and TE are closed but food trucks are in the Settlement Circle.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try to get this post done (or however many to describe today) before I fall asleep in my Snack Pack Jello Pudding. Too much walking at Epcot today.

First, understand that Epcot is the only park still with a virtual queue (for Guardians of the Galaxy) and the protocol for on-resort guests is to be ON THE APP at 7am banging away (refresh, refresh, refresh) on the dot to try to get a boarding group (time slot). GoG has no standby, only LIghtning Lane and boarding groups obtained day of - ahead of time. With two kids watching the world time clock on the Net at 6:59:59am, I started hitting refresh and was rewarded with success:

More on GoG later.

Once we got a boarding group, we left about 715am and got to the parking lot (close drive) at 730am and queued up at the gate which didn't take but a few minutes to let us in.

We did not plan to see/do everything at Epcot. Only new stuff and favorites. So Soaring was first and Spaceship Earth second as we started Early Entry at 8am. Made them both with little issues. Added on Mission: Space (Green). Then Mexico for the boat ride with The Three Caballeros. Walk on.

The center of the old Communicore area (where the fountain was) is still torn up and fenced off for construction and a big detour to get around. Leaving Mexico we saw Ratatouille was only 60 min (turned out to be half that) so we hoofed it to France. On the way, the Christmas tree is in the center down by the lake.

One of my favorites, The Rose and Crown Pub, was still closed for the morning.

The new Parisian streetscape for The Rat is a good facsimile of Paris (been there each the three prior decades). The Metro-like sign tells all where they are going.

And this is the exterior of the ride.

The old Eiffel Tower that had been in France was improved to be more realistic up close.

I loved the movie and liked the ride.

It's a free roaming car like Mickey's Runaway Railroad but with 3D glasses. Like Mickey's RR yesterday, the dialog and action is fast and furious and I wish it was slower to savor and enjoy at the same time.

One last look at the Paris streetscape then we split off till lunch at 130pm at Via Napoli in Italy.

More in next post.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Ranged around with DW through France, Morocco, Japan, America, Germany, and Italy. Not many people back there (about 1030am). I eventually got a beer in Germany (it's 5 o'clock somewhere) and watched the trains run:

and sat watching the ducks/birds in the lake there:

until we went to The America Pavilion to hear the a capella Voices of Liberty who performed their first show of the day at noon.

They normally perform under the dome in colonial costume but since the show upstairs was closed for refurbishment, they sang in civilian clothing (so to speak). The dome above is a nice reflector of sound for their performance.

New to me this time were the padded benches to sit on while listening to VoL. In the past it was sit-on-the-floor or stand.

We decided to kill time by lunch and do a short Skyliner ride.

Just went down to Riviera and back from the International Gateway then to Italy for lunch at Via Napoli.

Wood fired pizzas are the main menu item at Via Napoli. They have three wood burning stoves names after Italian volcanoes (Stromboli, Vesuvius, Etna).

I like the kitchen cooks and pizza dough/prep is all right there for guests to watch if desired.

See the yuge pizza in the next post.

Bama Ed

I was particularly interested in the dough chef. My family says my pizza crust is pretty good too.

We got a BIG pizza for a little over $50 (cheap for 6 adults) with half all cheese and half prosciutto.

By the way today we did see several characters out and about in the park.

On the way to lunch, the notification came that our boarding group had an hour to report to GoG for our ride (a little earlier than expected). My inclination was to keep the lunch ADR and then ride GoG but worried about doing a roller coaster on a full stomach. But after lunch everyone's tummies felt fine so we hoofed it around the lake to GoG.

It's a one-and-done for me. Never again. :sad2: It has motion in all three directions at the same time (roll, pitch,yaw). Made me uncomfortable.

But then we had to hurry to The Land for a Behind the Seeds tour which was neat (cheap and only lasted an hour). Plus it was interesting and we were "on stage" as the boat ride went through the greenhouses.

By now it was nearly 5pm (no rain but cloudy all day) and me and DW were tired. So we huddled with the kids and they stayed for a while with us heading back to Fort Wilderness. Felt good to put the ol' feet up.

Tomorrow have a morning round of putt-putt golf planned then cooking a Thanksgiving lunch. Hang around here after that and do MK on Friday. I hope all my group sleeps in.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
But then we had to hurry to The Land for a Behind the Seeds tour which was neat (cheap and only lasted an hour). Plus it was interesting and we were "on stage" as the boat ride went through the greenhouses.
That is on my for sure to do list for our next trip. Of the many things that were shuttered on our 2021 trip, this was one that I was disappointed we couldn't book. Nice to have some feedback that it's going to be worth the effort to squeeze it in.

That is on my for sure to do list for our next trip. Of the many things that were shuttered on our 2021 trip, this was one that I was disappointed we couldn't book. Nice to have some feedback that it's going to be worth the effort to squeeze it in.

It is, Jack. We missed the first 10 minutes of the tour in the "bug room" which was no great loss to me because I was there to see the plants (although I know how the bugs help).

What I got out of it is that the substance of the soil (sand, air, water, dirt) is not as important and light, nutrients, water.

I feel ready to run a catfish farming conglomerate out of my aquarium tank. :fish:

But give it a try - you will enjoy the tour.

Ed

To say that I slept like a stump or a rock last night was an UNDERstatement!

It was humid and foggy this morning at the Fort. Low temps last night in the sixties had mosquitoes out and things were damp this morning because we were sitting in a cloud down on the ground.

Nevertheless, we had plans for today. First was to give thanks to God on this Thanksgiving Day at 9am mass. Then we had a round of putt putt golf scheduled for the Winter Summerland course near Coronado Springs. Disney putt putt is a tradition in our family and it was fun again.

At 1130am it was time to come back and start the prep for the Thanksgiving meal. I had boneless turkey breast (2 of them) and some tilapia. Asparagus (thin) were the veg and these were all on the Blackstone griddle. DW ran the microwave side of the venture (gravy, stuffing, warming tubs of mash, and the canned cranberries (whole not jellied).

I sliced the turkey breast before cooking on the Blackstone so here was the prep table including the trimmed veg.

Did the fish first then the sliced turkey.

DD wanted LOTS of asparagus so that's what she got (we ate it all):

This was MY plate first time 'round:

Afterwards there were pumpkin and pecan pies with whipped cream from the grocery deli department. I washed up (DD and DW conveniently went for a "looping" ride) and now I can relax and get ready for the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs Miss St tonight).

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom, an old favorite. Dinner at The Plaza and closing it at 11pm. Got to work up a touring plan for the first couple hours. Weather will in the 80s tomorrow and low 60s tonight and tomorrow night (more skeeters as a result). Low chance of rain.

Bama Ed

PS - some kids leaving midday Saturday :sad:

PPS - I hope all you DIS Campers have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends wherever you are. ED

Last edited:
2 questions Ed? Did you happen to see what the souvenir character cup was at HDDR

No souvenir cup at this time, Joe. The HDDR hostess I asked said she had seen them on resale sites from years past but no current offering.

.... looks like Michael Jackson moonwalking in the 1st picture of the 5 er's?

I don't think he would be in Fort Wilderness, Joe. He might be looking for the Journey Into Imagination theatre so he can reprise his Captain Eo character.

LSZwaWQ9QXBp

Yeah Captain Eo was cheesy but it was MJ doing some of the best of what MJ did.

I saw him and his brothers live in the Victory Tour in the mid-80s. It was in Knoxville at Neyland Stadium (capacity 100,000+) and I was in the upper deck corner. He looked tiny on stage but that was him.

Bama Ed

PS - there may be youngsters who don't know that Michael Jackson was associated with Disney from the 1980s. It was MJ at his best (not acting but singing and dancing).

It's 16 minutes. Prepare to enrich yourself. Disney don't make 'em like this anymore.

PPS - I particularly like the "We are here to Change The World" song through the end.

Last edited:
Back a little early from MK. DW wasn't feeling too swift so she and I came back and she went to sleep. Which means I get to wait for the kids to return (DW did the same on Wednesday waiting up for them to come back from Epcot so it's my turn).

Down at the Fort pier at 7am and at 720am out of the misty fog comes our boat.

The fog hung around as we approached the Contemporary.

Christmas decorations are up all over the park in a new style since I last saw them (when I ran the Marathon again which was Jan 2017 IIRC).

Our plan was to do Peter Pan as no one felt 7DMT was a priority. We were close to the front of the turnstyles and got up pretty close to the Early Entry chute next to Cosmic Ray's. Not far from the front of the EE queue:

And DEFINITELY lots of people behind us waiting for EE.

Nearly walked on to Peter Pan. Had to wait less than 5 min. Got off the ride and the wait time was 55 min with all the EE people lined up outside down the hill toward CHH. Cast Members had been near the Carousel (merry go round) telling people that stroller parking for Peter Pan and Small World was back there. Only wheel chairs or ECVs could be left at those two rides (good idea).

Haunted Mansion was troublesome this morning and was not open early (will revisit this condition) so we went to Jingle Cruise next. Skipper Erica did a great job of deadpanning the jokes and the overlay holiday theme looked nice.

Right behind us the 9am opening occurred and Jingle Cruise went from 25 to 60 minutes right before our eyes (spinning numbers while in the short line). After that Pirates was only 10 minutes so we did it next.

Captain Jack Sparrow was out front meeting his fans and posing for pics.

DD noted on Pirates that all the animatronics were working, the smoke and smells were all working, and the ride was in tip top shape. It's a classic.

I like that hub of Jungle Cruise to Pirates and the arch. The architecture has a good feel.

More in the next post.

Bama Ed

Back a little early from MK. DW wasn't feeling too swift so she and I came back and she went to sleep. Which means I get to wait for the kids to return (DW did the same on Wednesday waiting up for them to come back from Epcot so it's my turn).

Down at the Fort pier at 7am and at 720am out of the misty fog comes our boat.

The fog hung around as we approached the Contemporary.

Christmas decorations are up all over the park in a new style since I last saw them (when I ran the Marathon again which was Jan 2017 IIRC).

Our plan was to do Peter Pan as no one felt 7DMT was a priority. We were close to the front of the turnstyles and got up pretty close to the Early Entry chute next to Cosmic Ray's. Not far from the front of the EE queue:

And DEFINITELY lots of people behind us waiting for EE.

Nearly walked on to Peter Pan. Had to wait less than 5 min. Got off the ride and the wait time was 55 min with all the EE people lined up outside down the hill toward CHH. Cast Members had been near the Carousel (merry go round) telling people that stroller parking for Peter Pan and Small World was back there. Only wheel chairs or ECVs could be left at those two rides (good idea).

Haunted Mansion was troublesome this morning and was not open early (will revisit this condition) so we went to Jingle Cruise next. Skipper Erica did a great job of deadpanning the jokes and the overlay holiday theme looked nice.

Right behind us the 9am opening occurred and Jingle Cruise went from 25 to 60 minutes right before our eyes (spinning numbers while in the short line). After that Pirates was only 10 minutes so we did it next.

Captain Jack Sparrow was out front meeting his fans and posing for pics.

DD noted on Pirates that all the animatronics were working, the smoke and smells were all working, and the ride was in tip top shape. It's a classic.

I like that hub of Jungle Cruise to Pirates and the arch. The architecture has a good feel.

More in the next post.

Bama Ed
Wow… I’m almost reading “live”…waiting on the “next” post….

After Pirates we went to Big Thunder which had nearly an hour's wait. But DS1 had a Big Thunder tshirt on and a CM saw it/him in the Standby line and invited us to switch to the Lightning Lane line with a wave of her magic card and a word to the other CM's. It was pixie dust for sure and saved us a bunch of time.

At that point we saw that Haunted Mansion was finally operating so we headed for that while noting the Mark Twain Riverboat operating as well.

We spent 45 min in line for HM but it went wonky again and had problems so they cleared everyone out of the queue. It was like Tower of Terror from earlier this week all over again. Temps were warm and only a few white clouds with good sun and blue sky.

Having blown off breakfast, we were hungry so we had an early lunch. I had made up my mind months ago that this would be the day I had the chili and cheese foot long hot dog. Our poster @4077 had shared a pic on a recent trip and I said, what the heck, I'll blow a whole week's worth of nitrates and sodium to try it. Admittedly, it was delicious.

Not sure of the exact next steps but Country Bears are next in the photo stream. It's a family jewel.

DD's favorite, Big Al.

And as we were exiting, we saw the backend of the noon Festival of Fantasy Parade headed toward the hub.

I think we did Hall of Presidents next.

See for us, when it get to the crowded mid-day portion at MK, we do the low-demand and/or high capacity stuff. Country Bears, HoP, Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover. So it was time for CoP (walkon) and the PeopleMover.

At PeopleMover, Tron is still being worked on outside (pavements, walkways, etc.).

Also while in line for CoP, the WDW Train had blown its whistle as it went by beyond the bushes between Space Mountain and CoP. All you could see was the tops of the passenger cars but it was the train going by. So while on People Mover coming out of Space Mountain, I saw a chain link gated fence still across the train tracks under the People Mover elevated track. It was closed and probably remains so since Tron is still a construction zone and is opened/closed only for test train runs. No passengers being carried yet.

Then we had the bright idea to cross the hub AGAIN for Splash Mountain (before it is rethemed). Along the way, Big Al and Liverlips Bears were on the roof of the Jamboree building.

Splash said 65 minutes Standby but in truth it ended up being 45 minutes.

Rollin', rollin', rollin' .......

Bama Ed

I had made up my mind months ago that this would be the day I had the chili and cheese foot long hot dog. Our poster @4077 had shared a pic on a recent trip and I said, what the heck, I'll blow a whole week's worth of nitrates and sodium to try it. Admittedly, it was delicious.

I’m glad it was “admittedly” delicious as I would have hated my influence to result in a “meh” outcome. I remember I enjoyed it! (Although I admit I forgot about until reading your post)… it’s cool to get a mention in there…thanks :thumbsup2

We got loaded into our logs for Splash and had trouble at the first or second lift. Halfway up the lift things came to a stop and the free floating logs backed up under us. Emergency lights came on to illuminate the walkways to the sides. Not good. I think I counted 4 logs (we were in the front one) and we were all left to wonder if we were going to be evacuated. But it was a good place for a selfie.

A stoppage happened again on Splash further up just before a short drop:

Behind us the free floating logs bumped into us each time another one caught up to our stoppage.

Announcements, waits, more announcements, more waits, and finally we got moving again and finished the ride (the kids were hoping to be evacuated and get a free Lightning Lane pass).

After that I chilled with DW and let her rest before dinner at The Plaza.

No pix of the Plaza dinner because although we had a good meal, I personally made a bad menu selection and penalized myself by not taking a pic. I got the Steak Salad which was limp and lame. Don't order it. The Reuben, the special menu item of Pot Roast, the Burger with the egg on it, all those were winners for the others at our table.

DW was tired by this time and not feeling good so I took her down Main Street for the exit while the young folks stayed to ride a few more things. I did not have much time to take some night pics but since we had arrived in the fog and the Main Street train station and castle had been slightly fogged and not a great pic, I took pics of what I could on the way out.

The tree looked VERY nice.

The train station too.

Bless her heart, DW fell asleep on the boat before we pushed back from the dock. It was a quiet ride back to the Fort.

So I'm going to stay up till all the sheep are back in the fold then turn in and start pushing the leftovers tomorrow before the first bunch leaves. Tomorrow is college football finale Saturday of the regular season so I'll be around the campsite watching tv tomorrow. A number of food trucks and activity down in the Settlement area tonight.

We leave Tuesday morning (I think it is).

Thanks for keeping up.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We got loaded into our logs for Splash and had trouble at the first or second lift. Halfway up the lift things came to a stop and the free floating logs backed up under us. Emergency lights came on to illuminate the walkways to the sides. Not good. I think I counted 4 logs (we were in the front one) and we were all left to wonder if we were going to be evacuated. But it was a good place for a selfie.

A stoppage happened again on Splash further up just before a short drop:

Behind us the free floating logs bumped into us each time another one caught up to our stoppage.

Announcements, waits, more announcements, more waits, and finally we got moving again and finished the ride (the kids were hoping to be evacuated and get a free Lightning Lane pass).

After that I chilled with DW and let her rest before dinner at The Plaza.

No pix of the Plaza dinner because although we had a good meal, I personally made a bad menu selection and penalized myself by not taking a pic. I got the Steak Salad which was limp and lame. Don't order it. The Reuben, the special menu item of Pot Roast, the Burger with the egg on it, all those were winners for the others at our table.

DW was tired by this time and not feeling good so I took her down Main Street for the exit while the young folks stayed to ride a few more things. I did not have much time to take some night pics but since we had arrived in the fog and the Main Street train station and castle had been slightly fogged and not a great pic, I took pics of what I could on the way out.

The tree looked VERY nice.

The train station too.

Bless her heart, DW fell asleep on the boat before we pushed back from the dock. It was a quiet ride back to the Fort.

So I'm going to stay up till all the sheep are back in the fold then turn in and start pushing the leftovers tomorrow before the first bunch leaves. Tomorrow is college football finale Saturday of the regular season so I'll be around the campsite watching tv tomorrow. A number of food trucks and activity down in the Settlement area tonight.

We leave Tuesday morning (I think it is).

Thanks for keeping up.

Bama Ed

As always an amazing job with all the pictures and “play by play”… I wonder would be the play by play guy or the “color” guy in the booth? Lol. Sorry you’re getting closer to the end and that some of the flock begin to pull out, but sounds like you have had some great together time…. Enjoy the campsite tomorrow… good night! 💤😴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter