November Trip Reports

Before I turn in, I have to share my new Fort tradition.

See, I have a few personal Fort traditions.

One is to visit the Fort railroad tracks sleeping in the wilderness (not the ties but the remaining rails).

Another is to visit my name in the pavement somewhere in the Fort.

But you may have heard of those people who were lucky enough to not only win one lottery drawing - but they also won a second lottery drawing. And so it is with me. I've been lucky twice.

There is a new tradition from the November 2022 visit that I will add to the list of the others.

Bama Ed
I'm going to be on the hunt for this at the end of the year. We went over to the Fort this Saturday for dinner to introduce my brother, SIL, and kids to our happy place. The area by the Settlement was hopping! They've added more picnic table so it was convenient for PJ's takeout and the food truck. However, the mess of golf carts was out of control. There were no "traffic" cast members around so people were just parking the carts all over the paved areas creating a dangerous situation for all the kids darting in and out of the playground and for all the pedestrians. Maybe now that the beach has been reopened, they can build more cart parking over towards where Backyard BBQ used to be.

However, the mess of golf carts was out of control.

I don't see signs of the golf cart situation getting any better, @amcc.

Maybe Disney needs to extend the parking fee to apply to non-Disney golf carts as well.

ED

Few more pictures from our trip
20221107_181428.jpg
Picture from the Fort dock without rain.
20221107_193154.jpg
Was going to delete this one but decided I kind of like it
20221109_192120.jpg
Would have liked to get some of these oversized ride tickets
20221111_103639.jpg20221111_103706.jpg
Couple from inside the meadow trading post.20221109_190929.jpg
I remember when the decorated windows used to have animation with the Disney characters. Still thought they were well done.

Attachments

• 20221109_192120.jpg
    20221109_192120.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2

Just found and read your trip report, @bama_ed. Loved it! Thanks so much for sharing.
We took our first trip to the Fort last February and felt we didn't have (plan for) enough time to spend at the Fort, so I think I have talked DH into 3 weeks next time, with only 10 days in the parks.
I bet it was great sitting around your site and hearing the ambient music and other sounds. :)

Just an addendum to close the loop and say that @amcc DID find my name at the Fort on her annual Christmas visit.

See post #21 of the "Bah Humbug" thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-hearty-bah-humbug-to-all.3904802/page-2

Ed
Just read your whole report Ed, wow that was ana amazing and fun read. Your attention to detail really clicks for me :)

We were actually there Thanksgiving week and I remember seeing your site (although never would have had a clue it was you). Reading through your post took me back to a lot of the experiences we had at Thanksgiving, great post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter