November Check In 2010

Ohh, I love this thread. I have been out of town, and just saw this. I am going Nov 12 - 20. It will be myself and my 21 yr old son. We are staying at HoJo's. We are doing DL and CA the whole time except for one day we will be going to Knott's. We are the 2 Disney crazies in our family, so we will just be having a little mother/son Disney bonding time!! Can't wait!!

Are we able to get an updated list on November?

Also i just wanted to know what the weather is like in DLR in November

I will be there from November 24-28, 2010.
Staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Hope to be able to do the Holiday Time Tour while I am there.:santa:
Haven't made any other definite plans.
Traveling solo.
The holiday tour is definitely a little extra special treat to make your trip even more magical. I envy you getting to make a solo trip. I think that would be so much fun!

We're going for our first ever trip to DL Nov 18-27. Staying at the Residence Inn Maingate! :-) It is a combo celebration of our 10th anniversary and DD's 5th birthday! :-)
Whoo-hoo! So much to celebrate! Be sure to pick up all your first time buttons at city hall and mention it when you make any dining ressies. I hope you have a wonderful first trip to Disneyland!

After MUCH hemming and hawing over dates we are for sure going Nov13-20!:banana::banana: I can't wait! It's our first time to DLR and will just be DH and self. We are staying at a Comfort Suites bc DLH was just too much of a budget buster. I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful things I have seen on the DL Christmas thread. Not to mention eating some of those delicious sounding Mickey gingerbread cookies :bitelip:. Oh, and I am also hoping to do the Holiday Tour-sounds wonderful. See everyone there!
Guess that's what we had been doing too. Isn't it great to finally get dates pinned down so you can get to making the real plans! I can vouch for the gingerbread. It is truly yummy! Good luck booking the tour!

Ohh, I love this thread. I have been out of town, and just saw this. I am going Nov 12 - 20. It will be myself and my 21 yr old son. We are staying at HoJo's. We are doing DL and CA the whole time except for one day we will be going to Knott's. We are the 2 Disney crazies in our family, so we will just be having a little mother/son Disney bonding time!! Can't wait!!
It is a loveable thread, isn't it?!!! Glad you joined us. Great to get to spend some quality time with your son at the happiest place on earth!

Also i just wanted to know what the weather is like in DLR in November
That is always such a tricky question. Generally the weather is perfectly glorious! 70s-80s during the day with it cooling off enough for a jacket in the evenings. However, every now and again there is a heat wave or a cold spell and then all guesses go out the window! I've found that it works best for me to just plan on t-shirt weather just in case it gets hotter. If it ends up cooler you can always toss on a jacket or use it as a good excuse to buy a sweatshirt or two for a souvineers. :thumbsup2 Plus packing lighterweight clothes helps on the excess weight of my luggage! In all our 9 years of traveling to DL in the fall we have only ever had one year when it got really cold. Of course, there is also a slight chance of an occasional rainy day. Every time we have ever seen it rain, it was only a very brief shower. Great for staying in the park while the crowds clear out!

Are we able to get an updated list on November?
Well, this just goes to show how obvious it is that this is the first time I have ever been in charge of updating a thread. I have been updating the list on the first page but it never occurred to me to post an update as we go along. Thanks for pointing it out, Aussie Princess, and keeping me on my toes! Here's the updated list. There are now 26 of us ready to make our way to Disneyland in November. We're gonna have a blast! :cheer2:

10/30-11/13 -----lampardcl --------------Park Vue Inn
11/2 -11/7 ------Brady's Mom ------------Hojo
11/4-11/14 ------scrappychar ------------Hojo *****************anniversary celebration
11/6 -11/11 -----Littleprincess2010 -------Hojo **************** DD birthday celebration
11/10-11/15 -----DisneyHeather ----------VGC
11/10-11/17 -----jessicaerv --------------????
11/10-11/18 -----Aussie Princess ---------Hojo
11/10-11/24 -----mariezp ----------------Anaheim Desert Inn
11/12-11/20 -----wdwfan22 --------------Hojo
11/12-11/21 -----Oregonluvsdisney -------Hojo
11/13-11/17 -----letitsnow ---------------Hojo
11/13-11/19 -----Seaera -----------------DLH
11/13-11/20 -----kristenandrick ----------Comfort Suites ********************first trip!
11/13-11/21 -----ams1201 ---------------Hojo
11/15-11/19 -----ACDSNY ----------------VGC
11/17-11/19 -----StephNJer --------------Hojo
11/18-????? -----CruisinEars --------------Residence Inn *********DD birthday celebration
11/18-11/27 -----MrsPMC00 --------------Residence Inn *****first trip/anniversary/birthday
11/20-11/25 -----Jrsy Boy ----------------Hojo
11/23-11/30 -----ShellyMouse ------------Hojo **************** DD birthday celebration
11/24-11/27 -----DisneyMomma81 --------HoJo
11/24-11/28 -----DisneyParkFan ----------DLH
11/25-11/27 -----Gidget -----------------Anaheim Resort RV park ** DS birthday celebration
11/27-12/1 ------hockey mom ------------VGC *************************** first trip!
11/28-12/3 ------DizDragonfly ------------VGC ******************* birthday celebration
11/28-12/4 ------Todd Lee ---------------w/family

When do you think they will put up the dates for the holiday decorations? I forgot when I saw it last year on the Disneyland.com website. I'm hoping to at least catch the decorations and maybe the taping of the parade or performances for the Christmas Day parade...:smickey:

When do you think they will put up the dates for the holiday decorations? I forgot when I saw it last year on the Disneyland.com website. I'm hoping to at least catch the decorations and maybe the taping of the parade or performances for the Christmas Day parade...:smickey:

I would love to know this as well especally the Parade my DH would love that *** he's looking for different experiences out of this trip to DLR and DCA

So many of us going in November, I love it!

Anyone hoping to catch WOC? I'll be curious to see if they run a full schedule or just weekends. I'd love to see it.

Anyone hoping to catch WOC? I'll be curious to see if they run a full schedule or just weekends. I'd love to see it.

I'm hoping WOC is still running during the week in Nov. as I'd love to see the show.

i would love to see WOC too....as long as the maddness surrounding it has died down a bit! :headache:

come on november!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

Southwest sale for dates through Nov 17th.

I picked up our tickets one way to get to SNA $39 plus taxes.:woohoo::thumbsup2 :yay: Now hopefully we'll find a good fare for the way home.
I still feel like a novice when it comes to booking airfare maybe you or someone else around here can take a guess at some questions I have. Usually by now I would have already purchased our tickets but I am holding out trying to get a better deal than what is out there now on American. Have you booked one way before and then gone back to get return flights later often? I have just never thought of doing that but I suppose if the deal is sweet enough it would be worth doing it that way. With $39, I suppose there is no way you could go wrong! I just checked today and it seems that American gives a better deal if you book round trip so I guess in that case you would be waiting until the return fares went on sale too, right? Is this common practice? I am nervous about them selling out and me not being able to get the dates and times I want. Is that a legitimate concern or will they just add more flights if it sells out? Is there a usual pattern to airfare sales? For example, do they usually have sales 6 months out, 2 months out, etc from date of travel?

November is shaping up nicely for everyone!
Yes it is! I imagine everyone has their lodging taken care of. I wonder how many have their airline reservations already made??? Car rentals lined up? Tickets yet? What's everyone been doing to get ready for their trip.... besides daydreaming... although that's good too!
Won't be too much longer and we will be able to make reservations! Who's planning to go where? I've heard a few say they were looking forward to a tour, WOC and some plans outside of the park. What have you got plans for? Those of you celebrating special events do you have any big plans to share?

I have not given as much thought to my agenda yet as I would like to but so far I know that DD would like to do Ariel's to see the princesses. I am thinking I would like to do a WOC package at Wine Country Trattoria since I have always been hoping to go there someday and haven't made it yet. That way I can take care of both at the same time. So yes, StephNJer, I am definitely looking forward to watching WOC. We've done Fantasmic enough times that is going to be nice to have another option to choose from for a evening show.

If I recall correctly the Christmas decorations start going up immediately as the Halloween decorations go down at the beginning of November. It's almost like an over night transformation! Of course, it takes several days or even weeks to get the park all decked out properly so they are going up bit by bit until the official big weekend. Last year the official Christmas season kickoff began on Friday, November 13. Usually it begins the 3rd weekend in November so it actually started a week early in 2009. Who knows what they will do this year! If they go for early it would begin on Friday the 12th or if they stick to the third weekend it would start on the 19th.

Right now the calendar is showing up to August 25 so just guessing I would like to think that the November calendar would be up by September. If we are lucky there will be some leaks of information here and there to add to our excitement!

I still feel like a novice when it comes to booking airfare maybe you or someone else around here can take a guess at some questions I have. Usually by now I would have already purchased our tickets but I am holding out trying to get a better deal than what is out there now on American. Have you booked one way before and then gone back to get return flights later often? I have just never thought of doing that but I suppose if the deal is sweet enough it would be worth doing it that way. With $39, I suppose there is no way you could go wrong! I just checked today and it seems that American gives a better deal if you book round trip so I guess in that case you would be waiting until the return fares went on sale too, right? Is this common practice? I am nervous about them selling out and me not being able to get the dates and times I want. Is that a legitimate concern or will they just add more flights if it sells out? Is there a usual pattern to airfare sales? For example, do they usually have sales 6 months out, 2 months out, etc from date of travel?

Getting good deals on airlines seems to be getting harder to find or predict.

For us, SWA is always the cheapest way to fly from Sacramento to Orange County so I'm comfortable booking the one-way on a sale and then wait for the Ding Fares to come out for November to book our return flights. You also don't have to worry so much about cancel/change fees with SWA and you can use a credit up to a year from your original date of purchase. I love how easy SWA is to deal with.

I would think you'd have more choices in airlines from your area so I'd probably watch the fares for a while using Kayak.com and book when you see a good price for round-trip tickets. Good luck!

We have not booked airfare yet. In fact, all we have booked so far is our rooms at HOJOs. We went last year in October and paid something like $160 r/t on United, I think. The lowest fare aside from SW right now is around $245, so you can imagine that we are waiting for the fares to drop. We waited until August to book our airfare for our October trip, so we're OK with waiting and hoping for something more reasonable.

Other than tracking airfares and booking rooms, the only prep we have done is taking a look at what the hours were during the same week last year. Having heard that the days leading up to Thanksgiving were busy last year, I was pleased to see that, if the hours are the same this year, we'll have plenty of time in the parks. Either way, even if it is busy, a busy day at DLR beats being at work.

hi november travelers!! i have maps for DLR and DCA, nice wrinkle free, kid slobber free maps! lol just pm me your address and i will send a set! lol :cool1:

:yay:I'm REALLY hoping the holiday festivities start Friday the 12th instead of Friday the 19th. If they start the 19th, it'll be at the end of our trip and we won't get to enjoy it as much. Hopefully by September we will know for sure!

It's July! Which means we are all that much closer to our trips! :yay:

Oh yeah...and someone please enlighten me on what exactly the Holiday Tour is. I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is!

Getting good deals on airlines seems to be getting harder to find or predict.
So it would seem! Right now airfare from here to CA is over $400 each! In 2008 our airfare to CA was $321 but I already had it booked in April. It was only $219 to fly to Florida last year! Boy, wouldn't I love to find either of those fares right now!

For us, SWA is always the cheapest way to fly from Sacramento to Orange County so I'm comfortable booking the one-way on a sale and then wait for the Ding Fares to come out for November to book our return flights. You also don't have to worry so much about cancel/change fees with SWA and you can use a credit up to a year from your original date of purchase. I love how easy SWA is to deal with.
We've flown once using them. I didn't like the fact that we did not get assigned seats. We were scattered all over the plane and not a single person offered to switch seats. At least I did get to sit with my DD but I wouldn't want to risk it again. DH is a private pilot so he is such a snob and really only likes to fly on American. It would have to be a real hum dinger of a deal for him to switch. Me, I don't care just so long as I get there! :laughing:

I would think you'd have more choices in airlines from your area so I'd probably watch the fares for a while using Kayak.com and book when you see a good price for round-trip tickets. Good luck!
Oh, there are other choices all right. I could stretch a 3 hour trip to 13 hours and save about $50 per ticket but somehow that doesn't really appeal to me all that much. A friend also suggested signing up for fare watches with Kayak/Yapta so I have done that. She also said if I were traveling around Thanksgiving I should probably go ahead and book because rates would probably only keep going up. :scared1: So now I am even more worried but haven't quite brought myself to hit any buttons just yet. You never know! I may crack at any minute!

We have not booked airfare yet. In fact, all we have booked so far is our rooms at HOJOs. We went last year in October and paid something like $160 r/t on United, I think. The lowest fare aside from SW right now is around $245, so you can imagine that we are waiting for the fares to drop. We waited until August to book our airfare for our October trip, so we're OK with waiting and hoping for something more reasonable.

Other than tracking airfares and booking rooms, the only prep we have done is taking a look at what the hours were during the same week last year. Having heard that the days leading up to Thanksgiving were busy last year, I was pleased to see that, if the hours are the same this year, we'll have plenty of time in the parks. Either way, even if it is busy, a busy day at DLR beats being at work.
You are in the same boat as I looking at the deals that were had last year. I realize things do change from year to year so at some point fares may never go down. However, I see all these great deals floating around out there all over the place and I would just like a shot at one too! Is that too much to hope for? Maybe we will both get lucky and a sale will come out soon.
You are absolutely right! A day at DL is better than not being there even if it is crowded. Wish I were there now.... even with the 4th of July crowd.

hi november travelers!! i have maps for DLR and DCA, nice wrinkle free, kid slobber free maps! lol just pm me your address and i will send a set! lol :cool1:
Thanks for posting your offer here. I can't wait to get mine so we can see the latest changes and do some more daydreaming!

:yay:I'm REALLY hoping the holiday festivities start Friday the 12th instead of Friday the 19th. If they start the 19th, it'll be at the end of our trip and we won't get to enjoy it as much. Hopefully by September we will know for sure!

It's July! Which means we are all that much closer to our trips! :yay:
I'm not sure what prompted Disney to start the holiday season early last year but here's hoping the same reasons factor in this year as well. I'd love to see them start all the holiday offerings on the 12th too.
Another month bites the dust! Now we are down to only 4! We'll be in the double digits before long and then it is really starts flying by.

Oh yeah...and someone please enlighten me on what exactly the Holiday Tour is. I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is!

We took the Holiday tour back in 2006. It was very nice and a good way to get in the holiday spirit. Our tour guide did an excellent job. She showed us points of interest and gave out little Disney tidbits of information. We got to sample some of the holiday fudge, sang some carols and learned how to say Merry Christmas in different languages. We also got a cute souvenir Tinkerbelle pin and a Haunted Mansion coin. We got to ride Haunted Mansion, which was when my DD finally decided she loved the ride, and Small World. Then we got some of those yummy gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate in a nice souvineer mug and took our seats to watch the Holiday parade. Great reserved seats right in front of Small World! It was quite a bit of walking but I would highly recommend it if you would like to add a little something extra to your trip. :santa:
Here's a couple of links:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/tours.htm#holiday

http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/635/Disneyland-Resort/Disneyland-Park/Holiday-Time-at-Disneyland-Tour

Happy 4th of July Weekend! Enjoy and be safe!party:

Good luck with your airline fare shopping everyone.pixiedust: I agree getting good deals on flights around the Thanksgiving holiday is tough.

One of the reasons SWA works for us is we take the first flight out in the morning going to DL and the last one out coming home so neither are jam packed flights.

In January, we'll be taking SWA to Orlando for the first time so we'll see how it goes for the cross county flights. I figured I'd need the two free bags for our long cruise.::yes::

Hello group! My crew and I are planning a trip to CA in mid November (14-19). This will be our first time at Disneyland! I booked our flights today. I'm hoping to get a room at the Desert Palm Inn and Suites, because I like the layout of their rooms. We haven't gotten any tickets yet, though. I thought I would wait until this fall to see if they come out with some deals. We will only get a couple of days at Disneyland, unless we try to cram in an evening after we fly in. We want to take a day and see SeaWorld also. I do hope that they start the festivities on the 12th, because if they don't start until the 19th we will miss out. :guilty: It should prove to be an amazing time no matter what, though. It still feels so far away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter