Oh good luck! Let us know what you get!

Well even though I am staying on site I fell into the trap of the AP dilemma of having two onsite trips too close to the other one and am not able to make FP selections for November. The site states I have reached my maximum FP availablity. I am okay with this and once 30 days roll around I will just make some FP selections! Hey I will be in my favorite place and will enjoy it no matter what. :-)

I just did my FP planning so I know my priorities ahead of time. My fastpass availability starts Sept 17. Since we'll be doing Disney a ton this year (7 trips!) I'm not super stressed about getting everything in one trip at all. But as it's been 4 years since we've been there, Pandora, Toy Story Land and of course Star Wars are all new to us. I put Animal Kingdom on the last day on purpose, and have a 2ned Hollywood studios day on the next to last day of the trip. We'll also be rope dropping like crazy.
MK Priorities for us: Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion; (I hate 7 dwarves, the seats hurt my knees and triggers my claustrophobia, so really don't care to do it every trip). We'll rope drop Thunder Mountain and the rides on that side of the park.
Epcot Priorities for us: Soarin' (because this is the first year DS agreed to do it), Test Track; Turtle Talk (because I love it), as we're coming in from the International gateway, we're going to rope drop Frozen Ever after. We're doing 2 days here; so we can pick a FP for the one we don't get hopefully.
Hollywood studios: Slinky Dog Dash, Rock n Roll Coaster, (doing 2 days here), Star Tours; rope dropping Millennium Falcon and late nighting it as well.
AK: Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Safaris, Everest - if we get FOP FP, we'll be rope dropping Everest. Otherwise, we'll be doing a very early rope drop for FOP.
Your plan sounds great. I love Turtle talk too. Our fast pass day is this Friday and we have our animal,kingdom days near the end of the trip and we are doing the studios several times to try to get Slinky. We do have reservations at Olga’s so that sort of planned our studio days for us.

Made FP today. Short trip, unable to get FoP 60+1. Was able to get Big Thunder, HM, and SDMT on day 60 in evening, which is great. Trying to shuffle times a bit, but not much luck.

Keep at it i was able to move mine around a lot. I also think i got lucky on some stuff.

FP was today! We are doing seven park days, so my TA and I worked together and split up the days and got everything we wanted at the right times. I was so nervous about a Tuesday being my FP day because I read it can be glitchy on a Tuesday, but it worked out perfectly! 60 days away!!
Great strategy. My nephew and I are splitting up our days too when we make our fast passes on Friday

FP day in 3 weeks. I still don't know what to do with HS. I guess I hope for Slinky on our 2nd to last day? What a mess they've created with the tiers.

We are headed to WDW starting Monday, November 25th (staying at Universal for a few days beforehand). Can someone check my math for the 60 day FP reservations? Can I start booking on September 26th?

We are headed to WDW starting Monday, November 25th (staying at Universal for a few days beforehand). Can someone check my math for the 60 day FP reservations? Can I start booking on September 26th?

yes that is correct. It is listed on your MDE, also.

I check in 11/24 and mine is 9/25.

Our FP day is Sunday and this is a short trip so I am concerned about not getting the key FP that we want. Can multiple people sign on and try to get FP for the same people? Does that help to get the hot ticket items like FoP and SDD? I have always just done it myself but since it is a Sunday, my husband and kids will be around - although they may not want to get up at 6:00AM!

Booked flights today! We paid $372pp RT....Much higher than I originally thought but at 66 days out I was feeling the pressure to book. Staying offsite (3 Bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
so I have another month before FP but right now our days look like this:

Saturday, November 9
Arrive in the morning
Swim/Disney Springs

Sunday, November 10
Rope drop MK & back to the hotel for lunch and a nap
Late afternoon, back to MK for Dessert Party and Fireworks

Monday, November 11
11:55 Bon Voyage "Breakfast"

Tuesday, November 12
Epcot!
Lunch at Rose and Crown

Wednesday, November 13
Animal Kingdom!

Thursday, November 14
Hotel/Swim
4:55 Storybook Dining

Friday, November 15
Magic Kingdom!

Excited for a low key, roll with the punches trip!

yes that is correct. It is listed on your MDE, also.

I check in 11/24 and mine is 9/25.
Where is it listed on my MDE? I got my tickets separately from my hotel reservation. I have everything linked into MDE though. We are staying at one of the Disney Springs hotels (the Hilton Buena Vista Palace).

Where is it listed on my MDE? I got my tickets separately from my hotel reservation. I have everything linked into MDE though. We are staying at one of the Disney Springs hotels (the Hilton Buena Vista Palace).

Mine is on the main plans page.

Make sure there linked to the reservation, when you click on my tickets or something similer it will say what you have. I had to log out of the ap , and re log in for mine to show up.

Hi Everyone,

We will be visiting the parks from Sunday Nov 17 - Tuesday Nov 19. We will have 4 adults that will spend all 3 days in the parks and a family of 4 (two kids ages 6 and 3) who will only spend two days in the park.

We will not be staying on he property. We are at a resort with a complementary shuttle not too far away.

With the help of some others on this forum I have finally put together a tentative plan and I would love some feedback!

The thought is that the family with the kiddos will sit out he first day while the adults rope drop Star Wars at HS in the am and then head to Epcot to enjoy some food and drink for at food and wine festival the rest of the day.
The family will then join for the second two days. Monday is the only day that doesn’t have a Christmas party so we will avoid MK and start the day in animal kingdom. Then later in the afternoon head to MK to catch a few rides and see the fireworks. (The adults will then probably stay for after hours time!)
The final day will finish up MK in the morning and then head to HS to do some rides with the kids and see Fantasmic.

Will those park hops be feasible with kids and worth our time? I’m anticipating 30min-1hr to hop between parks, is that reasonable?

Thanks for you help, we can’t wait!

Hi Everyone,

We will be visiting the parks from Sunday Nov 17 - Tuesday Nov 19. We will have 4 adults that will spend all 3 days in the parks and a family of 4 (two kids ages 6 and 3) who will only spend two days in the park.

We will not be staying on he property. We are at a resort with a complementary shuttle not too far away.

With the help of some others on this forum I have finally put together a tentative plan and I would love some feedback!

The thought is that the family with the kiddos will sit out he first day while the adults rope drop Star Wars at HS in the am and then head to Epcot to enjoy some food and drink for at food and wine festival the rest of the day.
The family will then join for the second two days. Monday is the only day that doesn’t have a Christmas party so we will avoid MK and start the day in animal kingdom. Then later in the afternoon head to MK to catch a few rides and see the fireworks. (The adults will then probably stay for after hours time!)
The final day will finish up MK in the morning and then head to HS to do some rides with the kids and see Fantasmic.

Will those park hops be feasible with kids and worth our time? I’m anticipating 30min-1hr to hop between parks, is that reasonable?

Thanks for you help, we can’t wait!

Sitting out the first day sounds like torture! :) Seriously though, what about saving a sit out/rest day or rest afternoon for mid trip?

Other thoughts.... all of that park hopping eats up a lot of time and energy, and can be exhausting especially with two little ones. I would count on closer to 60-90 minutes to exit a park, wait on transportation, get to the next park and enter.

Also, at that age my kids would not have been able to do two late nights of fireworks. What if everyone goes to HS on Day 1 and adults head to Epcot that afternoon while kids go back to the hotel. Then dedicate all of day 2 and 3 to MK and AK? A lot less park hopping with flexibility for the adults without kids to stay out later to go to another park if they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter