Boston Area! We have 3 airports we could easily fly out of but all are hovering around the same price...Going to give it another week or two before I really start to panic....

I hear ya. I have 3 airports in the NYC area, plus a smaller one that's about 20 min away from my home in the suburbs, but everything is expensive!

We're coming from the DC area, Nov 2-5. We booked back in March because for this trip getting the exact flight times we wanted was more important than cheaper flights. (Not that we wanted expensive ones, but you know what I mean!) Even though there are 3 airports we could fly out of and we checked prices and times at all 3, we spent about $400 pp RT, too. The few cheaper flights were only a little less than what we paid and would have meant not being able to do parks on arrival/departure days or getting up at 3 am. Last year we went the same week, also flying in on Saturday but flying out on Friday as opposed to Tuesday this year. Those tickets were purchased in June 2018 and cost about $230 pp RT. This trip there are only 2 of us going so we could absorb the higher flight cost, but if it were all 5 of us we'd have to drive.

We just booked tickets for cheap through Allegiant... now hoping they don't jack around or cancel. LOL

@littlebittyhouse We booked tickets and for 3 of us is was $912, I wanted to cry because normally we pay half that for 4 of us! I booked through Southwest though and originally I paid $1100 for the 3 of us but when I checked prices last week I found that the price went down! I 'modified' our flights and got the difference back in credit but I'll take it! We are flying closer to the holiday, Nov 25th to Dec 3rd.

We booked for $285 per person round trip from Buffalo right when Southwest released the schedule in May, and I’m really glad we did. They moved our flight times since then but it was easy to adjust our park plans around the changes. I checked the prices yesterday and the same flights now cost $495 per person. The last dozen or so times we’ve traveled we’ve found that when booking right when the schedules are released we get the cheapest rate.

Are you grabbing Lyft from MCO to HRH? I am back to starting our week at RPR, just trying to figure transportation. Thought about scheduling with Tony Lind, but Lyft from RPR to CR probably makes more sense since we might be stuck in line at Hagrid's and hate to have a scheduled pick up if we are. :)

We’ve used Anthony (Tony) Hinds twice in place of ME and most recently in June, love him! I cannot recommend him enough. He picks up and loads your luggage for you. Also, makes a brief stop at grocery store at your request. We had a 3 hr flight delay in June and got in after 1030. All my kiddos were starving and offered to fast food drive thru on way to resort. Honestly, not sure we’ll use ME on arrival again.

We’ve used Anthony (Tony) Hinds twice in place of ME and most recently in June, love him! I cannot recommend him enough. He picks up and loads your luggage for you. Also, makes a brief stop at grocery store at your request. We had a 3 hr flight delay in June and got in after 1030. All my kiddos were starving and offered to fast food drive thru on way to resort. Honestly, not sure we’ll use ME on arrival again.
Sorry to jump in, but who is Tony Hinds? Is he cheaper then mears or uber?

Ok everyone, my fp day was today, so i figured i would give an update. As im ariving in october and have a longer stay i got most of what i wanted. That being said, HS is a mess. I had it as my fist and last day. So day one , nothing was available. Last day i did get SDD but everything else, including star tours was booked. Just FYI. For my Halloween party i did good. So got sdmt, pandora, the mountains and all the other stuff. HS is the o ly problem area. Even at like fp+12 ( 12 days from when i arrive) .

Ok everyone, my fp day was today, so i figured i would give an update. As im ariving in october and have a longer stay i got most of what i wanted. That being said, HS is a mess. I had it as my fist and last day. So day one , nothing was available. Last day i did get SDD but everything else, including star tours was booked. Just FYI. For my Halloween party i did good. So got sdmt, pandora, the mountains and all the other stuff. HS is the o ly problem area. Even at like fp+12 ( 12 days from when i arrive) .

Yikes! Thanks for the report. HS is the one thing mucking up my plans.

We'll be there Nov 16 - 21.
Try not to laugh at me; but that date was because I didn't check up on what day Thanksgiving fell on this year and just made an assumption. (I know what it means). I literally submitted a request to rent DVC points and got it approved and had the contract locked in before I realized it wasn't Thanksgiving week!! We're doing an Annual Pass and activating it on this trip, but I need to try to work with DS's school breaks so they don't flunk him out of classes. So obviously now, it's not Thanksgiving week, so I just have to be careful of when I pull him out of class for the rest of the year (5 unexcused days per Term). But in the end, I think it'll be much nicer to have a slow week our first time back in WDW in 4 years. (we did the annual pass splurge in '14 - 15 - as you can see in the picture, it was the last year they had Star Wars weekends).
So, good news, I got Beach Club Studio Villas for the trip at the 11 month mark.

We're drivers; coming down from DC, so here's our plan:
11/15 - all night drive
11/16 - Swing by Disney Springs to activate our AP, grab lunch at D'Luxe Burger, Check in Resort, head into HS and Oga's Cantina at 6pm. Try to go to sleep at a reasonable hour to recover from trip.
11/17 - EMH at HS, be there before rope drop. Head back to resort, go swimming, head into Epcot for the evening, Fireworks time reservations at La Hacienda De San Angel.
11/18 - MK, grab breakfast at Westward Ho (Bacon on a stick!), Lunch @ Crystal Palace, and Qserve at Sleepy Hallow for Dinner. (Figure crowds are low enough we can do some QServes), stay for fireworks.
11/19 - Epcot, grab breakfast at Les Halles (coming in International Gate), Eat to the Beat dinner @ Via Napoli, jump out and go swimming again, back for Concert. Snack at F&W
11/20 - Ale & Compass breakfast, HS, Savi's workshop reservations at Noon, Oga's at 2:30 again (w/ relatives), Dinner at 50's Prime time, stay for fireworks, drinks & snack at Crew's Cup at Beach club late night
11/21 - AK, qserve at 8spoon, lunch at Tiffins w/ ROL package, Qserve later tbd, ROL dining package seating
11/22-24 - Visit local relatives and drive home

That being said, HS is a mess. I had it as my fist and last day. So day one , nothing was available. Last day i did get SDD but everything else, including star tours was booked.

HS is the o ly problem area. Even at like fp+12 ( 12 days from when i arrive) .

Ugh-that isn't good! I know Star Tours is probably going to be the hardest ride to get with this new tiering system, but I'm having trouble believing that there are so many people with 12+ day trips that they're already gone. I wonder if Disney is holding them back and many haven't been released yet. I've been following real time FP availability on the Dibb in preparation for our FP day, and I thought it was looking pretty good. They don't show Star Tours, but all the tier 1 HS rides except SDD show as being available at 60 days and less. I wonder why your experience was so different.

What's your last day? Our HS day is 11/5, our 60+3 (last day of our trip). Just wondering what I'm in for when I make FPs on Tuesday!

We'll be there Nov 16 - 21.
Try not to laugh at me; but that date was because I didn't check up on what day Thanksgiving fell on this year and just made an assumption. (I know what it means). I literally submitted a request to rent DVC points and got it approved and had the contract locked in before I realized it wasn't Thanksgiving week!! We're doing an Annual Pass and activating it on this trip, but I need to try to work with DS's school breaks so they don't flunk him out of classes. So obviously now, it's not Thanksgiving week, so I just have to be careful of when I pull him out of class for the rest of the year (5 unexcused days per Term). But in the end, I think it'll be much nicer to have a slow week our first time back in WDW in 4 years. (we did the annual pass splurge in '14 - 15 - as you can see in the picture, it was the last year they had Star Wars weekends).
So, good news, I got Beach Club Studio Villas for the trip at the 11 month mark.

We're drivers; coming down from DC, so here's our plan:
11/15 - all night drive
11/16 - Swing by Disney Springs to activate our AP, grab lunch at D'Luxe Burger, Check in Resort, head into HS and Oga's Cantina at 6pm. Try to go to sleep at a reasonable hour to recover from trip.
11/17 - EMH at HS, be there before rope drop. Head back to resort, go swimming, head into Epcot for the evening, Fireworks time reservations at La Hacienda De San Angel.
11/18 - MK, grab breakfast at Westward Ho (Bacon on a stick!), Lunch @ Crystal Palace, and Qserve at Sleepy Hallow for Dinner. (Figure crowds are low enough we can do some QServes), stay for fireworks.
11/19 - Epcot, grab breakfast at Les Halles (coming in International Gate), Eat to the Beat dinner @ Via Napoli, jump out and go swimming again, back for Concert. Snack at F&W
11/20 - Ale & Compass breakfast, HS, Savi's workshop reservations at Noon, Oga's at 2:30 again (w/ relatives), Dinner at 50's Prime time, stay for fireworks, drinks & snack at Crew's Cup at Beach club late night
11/21 - AK, qserve at 8spoon, lunch at Tiffins w/ ROL package, Qserve later tbd, ROL dining package seating
11/22-24 - Visit local relatives and drive home

Thanksgiving is soooo late this year! It threw me off a bit when I realized it. Your plan looks lovely. :)

I made my CL FP about two weeks ago and I just made a tiny tweak. I’m giving up Pirates to get a SDD evening ride in before F! Do you think Pirates would be a hard to get 4th FP right around the parade time? It will also be the last possible ride of our afternoon so we could also wait. How long would you think the wait would be immediately following the 2:00 parade? We’d be watching as close to Splash Mountain as possible. We maybe would even skip the parade and ride Pirates then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter