One of the days we'll be there (11/3) was an EMM day last year. We aren't planning to attend, but I've been watching it to get an idea of whether they might extend the hours. I'm wondering if the lack of an announcement is because they're waiting to see what happens when Galaxy's Edge opens and whether they want to extend EEMH.

I'm starting to hope they don't extend the EEMH. I like my tentative plan right now and it does NOT involve getting up that early!! :rotfl2:

I agree. I hope they figure it out before my FP day because my plans depend on whether or not it's offered!

Ours, too! My FP day is 2 weeks from today, and I don't think we're going to know by then. If they don't extend or they extend for every day like they're doing now, then I'll probably keep my park days as they are and just tweak FPs for HS. But there was a blog post today at Touring Plans about how they wouldn't be surprised if Disney extends in a reduced way, like having EEMH for 1-2 hours 3 or 4x a week. Something like that could have us needing to change which days we do which parks. Gaaah! I can't wait for our trip and I'm excited to see GE, but it's stressful to schedule FPs 2 months in advance and then have the potential for Disney to make big changes after that.

Hi all,
This will be our first trip and we are booked for nov 23 - nov 28. Will be staying at the swan and dolphin. Family with 2 kids under 5. Anyone else staying there?

A bit nervous of crowds but have heard that if we do FP and 2- 3 days at MK we should be ok.

If we do FP, do we still need to do rope drop?

Let’s say we get the 9-10am FP for one of the rides at MK. Do we just show up in that time slot and no waiting?

Hi all,
This will be our first trip and we are booked for nov 23 - nov 28. Will be staying at the swan and dolphin. Family with 2 kids under 5. Anyone else staying there?

A bit nervous of crowds but have heard that if we do FP and 2- 3 days at MK we should be ok.

If we do FP, do we still need to do rope drop?

Let’s say we get the 9-10am FP for one of the rides at MK. Do we just show up in that time slot and no waiting?

I like to rope drop even with 9am FP. We usually go for Peter Pan first and then another ride near by before using our 9am FP.

I like to rope drop even with 9am FP. We usually go for Peter Pan first and then another ride near by before using our 9am FP.

For rope drop what time should we leave our hotel to be at the park?

Any should I be worried about crowds for the dates we are going to be there? or since we will be doing FP, I should not worry as much?

For rope drop what time should we leave our hotel to be at the park?

Any should I be worried about crowds for the dates we are going to be there? or since we will be doing FP, I should not worry as much?

Main Street opens at 8am for a 9am opening. We make sure to get there by 8.

Park hours may change because that is Thanksgiving week. You'll need to keep an eye for that.

Thanksgiving is a very crowded week, but it is a ton of fun if you go in with the right plan and attitude.

Main Street opens at 8am for a 9am opening. We make sure to get there by 8.

Park hours may change because that is Thanksgiving week. You'll need to keep an eye for that.

Thanksgiving is a very crowded week, but it is a ton of fun if you go in with the right plan and attitude.

Everybody says that, but can you elaborate a bit.... my concern is with little kids and feeling like having to wait in line for everything, when kids get cranky even 5 minutes isn't tolerable sometimes.
If we go with the attitude that we will do as much we can and then take breaks come back to the hotel for the afternoon and go back in the evening it should be fine.

Some people have said that even the week before is crowded, its just thanksgiving is a bit more, others have said it not that bad and tolerable. For 5 nights we are spending so much and want to make sure we get to enjoy it.

Everybody says that, but can you elaborate a bit.... my concern is with little kids and feeling like having to wait in line for everything, when kids get cranky even 5 minutes isn't tolerable sometimes.
If we go with the attitude that we will do as much we can and then take breaks come back to the hotel for the afternoon and go back in the evening it should be fine.

Some people have said that even the week before is crowded, its just thanksgiving is a bit more, others have said it not that bad and tolerable. For 5 nights we are spending so much and want to make sure we get to enjoy it.

Disney is crowded all of the time. Thanksgiving week is very busy, but not like Christmas or Easter week. There will be lines for just about everything. You are going to have to wait in line no matter what time of year you go.

I've seen your posts on several threads and I understand anxiety over crowds. Either you roll with it and make the best of it, or you cancel the trip. It's something only you can decide.

The weather is great. The atmosphere is festive. I love Thanksgiving week at Disney.

With little kids, you let them be the guide. Most kids are awake early, so let that be to your advantage. Go to rope drop. Focus more on shows and characters than rides, and if you can swing it, book character meals so you don't have to wait in lines. When the crowds get crazy, around lunch time, go back for a nap then go to the park again late afternoon.

But there was a blog post today at Touring Plans about how they wouldn't be surprised if Disney extends in a reduced way, like having EEMH for 1-2 hours 3 or 4x a week. Something like that could have us needing to change which days we do which parks. Gaaah!
This is my fear. I have two HS days planned, one for GE late in the trip, and one for everything else. I have Ogas, Savi and Droid ressies on my GE day, and I don't think I would have any luck changing those. My other GE day is more flexible, but a lot of my plans are balanced around several hard to get ADRs which make moving things around tricky. I have been trying to move my Artist Point ADR for months now with no luck in order to move a dessert party to a different date. I am almost at the point where I just want to cancel it.

With little kids, you let them be the guide. Most kids are awake early, so let that be to your advantage. Go to rope drop. Focus more on shows and characters than rides, and if you can swing it, book character meals so you don't have to wait in lines. When the crowds get crazy, around lunch time, go back for a nap then go to the park again late afternoon.

This is my fear. I have two HS days planned, one for GE late in the trip, and one for everything else. I have Ogas, Savi and Droid ressies on my GE day, and I don't think I would have any luck changing those. My other GE day is more flexible, but a lot of my plans are balanced around several hard to get ADRs which make moving things around tricky. I have been trying to move my Artist Point ADR for months now with no luck in order to move a dessert party to a different date. I am almost at the point where I just want to cancel it.

I feel your pain. I'm holding 2 HEA dessert party ADRs and would really like to figure it out and get my refund!

Thanks those are good suggestions. Wondering how/ where do I find out about shows and timing? Not sure if fireworks happen every night and at what time and is there is show for that and how and where the best place would be to watch it.

I found out that I can order food from the mobile app that would definitely help not having to stand in line for quick service food.

How long does it take to get through the security and gate? If we do go back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps, what’s an ideal time to come back?

I have also read that to avoid parks that have EMH as it gets more crowded. With only 4 days I don’t think we will have much choice.

Yeah, they didn't have mobile order my last trip and I am super excited to try it this time, particularly for QS at the hotel - love the idea of ordering food, walking to Centertown and having my food waiting - such a time saver!

Gate check and security - if you are comfortable separating your party, I would have your kids and one parent go through without bags and then the other parent can suck it up in the bag line. Then the kids don't have to wait. Bag lines aren't usually too bad - I can't remember waiting in one for more than 5ish minutes.

Returning from naps - generally I leave the park around 1-2 and come back between 4-5.

Thanks those are good suggestions. Wondering how/ where do I find out about shows and timing? Not sure if fireworks happen every night and at what time and is there is show for that and how and where the best place would be to watch it.

I found out that I can order food from the mobile app that would definitely help not having to stand in line for quick service food.

How long does it take to get through the security and gate? If we do go back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps, what’s an ideal time to come back?

I have also read that to avoid parks that have EMH as it gets more crowded. With only 4 days I don’t think we will have much choice.

This link is very helpful and will update weekly: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Fireworks happen every night at HS, MK and Epcot. If you move your trip to the week before you will need to plan around the MK Christmas party.

Security can take 5 minutes or it can take 20. Not sure anyone else can answer when you should come back. Do you have dinner plans? Fireworks plans?

You should consider a Touring Plans subscription.

Southwest fliers, check your flights! Mine went down again and I received more credit!

Did you manually check or did you get some email?

This is our first time on southwest, it gives me an option to change flights, and says no change fee, only the difference. so when I change the price is lower on a different date, so will I get credit back for the difference?

Did you manually check or did you get some email?

This is our first time on southwest, it gives me an option to change flights, and says no change fee, only the difference. so when I change the price is lower on a different date, so will I get credit back for the difference?

I check daily for my flights to come down. You will either receive travel funds from Southwest, or a credit to your card. It depends on the type of fare. You can click on the "fare details" link on your flight information page.

Just booked a last minute Thanksgiving trip! 11/27 - 12/1 at Wilderness Lodge. Just me and my college-aged son. I sure miss the flexibility we had pre-college, but looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving at WDW for the first time. I was surprised that we were able to get all the ADRs we wanted so far past the 180 mark and during a busy time of year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!