November 2018 Car Rental Watch

We leave tomorrow and finally saw some drop in Alamo. Minivan for 12 days $447. Or full size 12 days $341.

My Alamo rental 11/18-26 through Costco dropped $6 also. Now $242 standard.

My Feb 2 week rental also dropped from $637 to $590 compact.

I have a reservation with Dollar, from their summer sale, for a mid size SUV at $283. Just checked Alamo and found it for $277! I will take it!

I got a fullsize through EZ rent a car for $126 with coupon EZliving. 15% off! our dates are 11-9 to 11-13.

$153 Alamo standard suv for Nov 8- Nov 10. Probably not a great rate, huh? I've never rented from MCO or Alamo. Alamo is right on property, correct? Do they assign you specific cars or are you supposed to choose from set lots?

$153 Alamo standard suv for Nov 8- Nov 10. Probably not a great rate, huh? I've never rented from MCO or Alamo. Alamo is right on property, correct? Do they assign you specific cars or are you supposed to choose from set lots?

If you are an Alamo Insider member (free to set up) you can skip the counter and choose your own car.

If you are an Alamo Insider member (free to set up) you can skip the counter and choose your own car.

If that is anything like my horrific experience at Hertz LAX where they offhandedly waved me off and told me anything from the five star lot which was NOT LABELED in ANY way and there were such a huge variety of cars/classes that I had NO idea what I qualified for or not and no employees could be seen for miles except the guys behind the desk with the giant lines I had just gotten out of, I don't want that. I want to be directed to a specific car (the class I ordered, of course), unless they make it SO obvious where I can choose from...

If that is anything like my horrific experience at Hertz LAX where they offhandedly waved me off and told me anything from the five star lot which was NOT LABELED in ANY way and there were such a huge variety of cars/classes that I had NO idea what I qualified for or not and no employees could be seen for miles except the guys behind the desk with the giant lines I had just gotten out of, I don't want that. I want to be directed to a specific car (the class I ordered, of course), unless they make it SO obvious where I can choose from...

In my experience at Alamo MCO - whether I am checking in inside or going straight to the lot - I’m still selecting a car from the row and not leaving the desk with keys to a vehicle.

The Alamo rows are well marked with car class. I’m usually renting a mini van - and we have always been able to identify the proper row whether we have gotten a 7 or 8 passenger one.

Tonight we will arrive and need a midsize SUV - hopefully it’s equally easy. If it’s not (at 11:30pm!) - I will report back!

It isn't like that. All marked but they'll still often greet you in the garage and direct you to the row. Not always, but often. Still, I always want to point out to them that the sign is right there and easy to read. Ah well. :rolleyes:

I have a reservation for Alamo through Autoslash. I was able to check in online and also found a link on here to skip the counter. I have my barcode paperwork printed and ready to go. Now.... I know I will go straight to the garage to pick our car. What happens next? What all will I need to give the attendant in the garage? Will Alamo place a hold on our credit card (we prepaid through autoslash)? I am seeing very conflicting info about this one. Alamo website talks about the deposit but a lot of threads here say they never placed a deposit hold.

Just played around a bit more this morning on Alamo. Booked 11/24 (12:30 AM pickkup) to 12/1 (8:00 AM dropoff) using coupon code: AD2823JAZ and costco code. $269.26 for a mini van!! Down from $320 about a week ago.

I do believe I read that they will ask to show Costco card for validation. So good thinking on that.

I also rebooked about 10.00 cheaper with AP code and 25.00 coupon. Hope it goes even lower.
We were just there last week and they did not ask for our Costco card nor have they ever asked in the past and we go 2-3 times a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter