November 2018 Car Rental Watch

I'd prefer to use Alamo over Dollar, but I've been checking and Alamo's rates are still higher than what I got at Dollar during their sale (by $60). I'll keep checking right up to before we leave, but I was hoping I'd be seeing a bigger drop by now.

Just checked and my costco through Alamo also has dropped (I haven't been good about checking it frequently though), but from $338 for full size SUV to $302. 11/24-12/1

I checked costco today and a full size for my timeframe is priced at $374. So I booked. But I still have my Alamo for the same fullsize for $392. Keeping options open. I hope Alamo goes down because I prefer them. I like picking my own vehicle. Its a 12 day rental with pick up on Oct. 31st.

I’m so jealous. I pick up on oct 31 to nov 12. My rate is crazy high, but if I had picked up nov 1 it’s half the price. Ugh.
Check Costco. Also we arrive near midnight on Oct 30. But I booked our rental for the 31st at midnight because it dropped the price a bit. Not sure but that may be helpful for you.

Does anybody know how particular Alamo is with the time of rentals? Our flight time has changed quite a bit. Our original flight was going to arrive at 6pm, but now we are arriving at 10:45am. If I alter the times on my reservation, my price goes up. I don't want to show up though earlier and have no car. What to do?!!

Does anybody know how particular Alamo is with the time of rentals? Our flight time has changed quite a bit. Our original flight was going to arrive at 6pm, but now we are arriving at 10:45am. If I alter the times on my reservation, my price goes up. I don't want to show up though earlier and have no car. What to do?!!
I would call Alamo. They would be able to answer that question. We just did the same thing with our rental with dollar. Our original flight was coming in at 9:30pm but we are thinking about changing it to get a cheaper flight arriving at 10:30 am. We tried changing it online and the price went up a lot. We then called dollar and they said it would cost about $39 more which is a lot less than the $100 by changing it online.

I have a reservation through Dollar that I booked over the summer during their 1 day sale. Mid-sized SUV for 11/17-11/24 at $283. Checked Alamo this morning and it is still more expensive at $303. I am just nervous because I know the Alamo name but not Dollar. But I definitely want to pay the cheapest price. :)

I have a reservation through Dollar that I booked over the summer during their 1 day sale. Mid-sized SUV for 11/17-11/24 at $283. Checked Alamo this morning and it is still more expensive at $303. I am just nervous because I know the Alamo name but not Dollar. But I definitely want to pay the cheapest price. :)

You should be fine with Dollar...Dollar and Thrifty are both owned by Hertz..

I just got an email that Dollar is having another one day sale on October 12th.

I re-booked my mid-size suv with Alamo for $10 less ($204 base, $241 including taxes). (Nov 10-17)

My rate with Alamo dropped again. I re-booked my mid-size suv with Alamo for another $6 less ($199 base, $235 including taxes). (Nov 10-17)

I have booked Dollar my last two trips because they have beat Alamo significantly. Both times I had a good experience with no problems as all.

I’m picking up oct 31st to nov 12. My rates were ok, but the last few days the rates have doubled! Hoping for a drop.
We have similar dates, I am 11/1 through 11/11. Alamo standard went down to $312 as of today.

What a difference a day makes. If I put in oct 31 pickup it’s high, but if I put in nov 1 pickup it’s half the price. Tks

What a difference a day makes. If I put in oct 31 pickup it’s high, but if I put in nov 1 pickup it’s half the price. Tks
We had the same thing. If we put in Nov 23 pickup it was high and then Nov 24 it was lower. We booked already and since then the prices have skyrocketed for our dates. I keep checking but can't find anything cheaper.

My rate with Alamo dropped again. I re-booked my mid-size suv with Alamo for another $5 less ($194 base, $230 including taxes). (Nov 10-17)

I really haven't posted because my rate had been outrageous but it's been coming down the last week or so for Nov 14-20 with p/u and d/o at MCO. Alamo has ben giving me the best prices. I've gone from a midsize to a midsize with upgrade to standard for $249.79. Today I just booked a Full size for $235.87.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter