Nov 6th, 7 day Western

scottygirl,

When I put it in it also said Early Booking Savings. When did you book yours? We booked ours in February, 2003. The anticipation and excitement is growing every day!!!!!!

I'm just glad is stopped snowing but I heard this morning, we're supposed to get more on Friday. UGH!!!:mad:

TYTY,

We booked ours in the beginning of August 2003. We are really excited also. I can't stay off these boards! We got 3 inches of snow yesterday and are suppose to get more tonight:eek: . I am fed up with this weather, I thought we were done with the snow and cold for this winter!! I told DH to look for a job transfer to somewhere warm! :sunny: :smooth:
I just got off the phone with my Dad who just returned from Phoenix, he said it was beautiful. Even though I was born in Scotland, I am sure I was meant to live in a warm place.

Hello fellow cruisers!

This thread is going to get buried soon, so let's get chatting.

We are down to 7 months now. I just spoke to one of my friends about the DCL cruise she went on two years ago and she is still raving about it. :teeth: The summer goes by fast, so before you know it November will be here!

:chat:

Scottgirl,

You're right it'll be here before we know it and we do need to keep this thread going. Anybody else out there sailing with us on 11/6?? My friend and I are changing out plans. We booked the Disney plan which had us staying the night before at the Hyatt, but because we've been reading these boards we want to get on board as soon as possible and are now working on finding a place to stay closer to port:bounce:

TYTY,

We are staying at the Hyatt the night before. I booked it myself at the AAA rate. Our flight gets in at 6:40 p.m. and my kids will be hungry for dinner and probably tired so I thought it would be better for us just to stay at MCO. My DS7 is obsessed with flying and airplanes and I'm sure he will get a kick out of staying at the Hyatt. I am going to request a runway view. We are renting a car from Budget and are planning on arriving at the port at 10:30 a.m. KIT:chat:

It looks like we may have a slight change of plans and may be staying somewhere near the Port or near Orlando Sanford airport.

We had been planning to drive again this year but SEAL (Southeast Airlines) just started service from Gary-Chicago airport in Gary, IN to Otlando Sanford airport in Sanford. Their standard price is $ 69.00 per person one way.

I think it may cost more for gas than it would for airfare, and if it saves 20 hours of me driving(since I prefer to do all or at least most of the driving as DW does not drive fast enough for me.) it sounds good to me.

John:) :bounce:

MouseGoofy,

I would choose flying over driving any day!
With the price of gas and wear and tear on your car you will probably come pretty close with that airfare. Also, you can save a vacation day!

Yes, I just found this thread. Call me blonde. :)

We're sailing with TYTY, and our group consists of me, DH, DS9, my sister, her fiance, her DD10 and my mother in law.

TYTY and I have been following these boards more faithfully as the months pass (I cannot believe we initially reserved a YEAR AGO!), and at her suggestion, we're about to nail down reservations in Cocoa Beach for Friday night and two rental vans. It's a snap with all the info here.

Regarding excursions, my head is spinning. Part of me wants to see it all, part of me wants to just slow down and enjoy the beaches and ship. We've got 'til August to decide, right TYTY?

So, perhaps JJgarv can modify his/her initial post with who is on board? And then maybe keep it up to date? I think it's neat to see when we check the topic.

Anyway, here's the summary gleaned from this topic thus far:

Unknown Arrival:

Jjgarv with DG7 and DB9, DB5, DB3

Mamo4wdw with DS22 and DS14

Howardk613 with DW, DS, DDIL, DGS10, DGD4, DD, DSIL, DGS7, DGD4 and 90 of his closest friends. ;)

Mickeyswife with DH, DS12, DMIL and DGCousin15

MouseGoofy with DW, DS12

newyork716 with DW (late)

princesscindi with DH, DMOM, DDAD, DSIL, DMIL, DFIL

Tuesday (yes, Tuesday) Arrival:

Jerry112 with DH, DS11, DD7 (early dinner)

Friday Arrival:

Scottygirl with DH, DS10, DS7, DD7 (early dinner)

TYTY with DS8, friend and her DS6 (early dinner)

Sjcubedofct with DH, DS9, my sister, her fiance, her DD10 and my DMIL (early dinner)

Familydad with DW, DS 13, DD 7 (late)

Some friends - DH ?, DW ?, DS 13, DD 8, DD 6

More friends! - DH ?, DW ?, DS 12

Saturday Arrival:

Hi all,
We will actually be arriving on Tuesday 11/2 for 4 glorious nights at the Polynesian. On the ship, we will be joined by 2 good friends of ours for their very first DCL trip. Can't wait!!

:bounce:

Count another group in - there's a gang of us from Traverse City:

My family - Me 38, DW 43, DS 13, DD 7 (we'll all be another year older when we go!)

Some friends - DH ?, DW ?, DS 13, DD 8, DD 6

More friends! - DH ?, DW ?, DS 12

We're all coming in the night before...

familydad,

Welcome to our thread!! I am happy to see another Michigander in the group. By the way, I absolutely love Traverse City. We enjoy are trips "Up North" every summer!

We love living here! We're originally from downstate - both Flint and Detroit areas. Moved here about 13 years ago and love living in vacationland. My wife says the only better place would be Florida {grin}. Where do you stay in TC? Hope you've had a chance to enjoy the Cherry Festival!

We went for late seating at dinner. We took our first DCL cruise in November 2002 and found that it fit better with our home schedule (late eaters). The first cruise was just a 3-day. We were getting off the ship when the kids asked "when's the next one?":rolleyes:

I need a cruise NOW - I'm a CPA and am frantically trying to beat the April 15 deadline...::yes::

familydad,

I too am a CPA! I work for a chemical company and I filed all my extensions, so I have all summer to do my returns.

We have stayed various different places "Up North". Cottage on Lake Ann, cottage in Charlevoix and this year we are staying in Frankfort.

We are considering changing to late seating as we don't want to feel rushed. Normally, when we are on vacation, we tend to sleep in and eat late anyway.

Good luck on those last minute filings.

Hi--

We are from the Western New York area....this is going to be our honeymoom cruise. Our first cruise for either of us. Both 35, no kids...just two Disney fantatics!!

We are so looking forward to our cruise!!

Is there anything special that is done on the ship for honeymooners? (Besides the romance package..opted not to take that)

What does the abbriviations DH, DS, DW etc..etc..etc.. mean?

We have late dinner and are going to desparately try to make Palo reservations....We hear it is tough and fills up quickly

Thanks and looking forward to meeting and sailing!!

Steve & Cheryl

I am kinda new a this and WOW I cant believe how many people are going already.
You can count us in too ... myself, DH, DMOM, DDAD, DSIL, DMIL, DFIL (I hope I got all these initials correct.
This will be our (my DH and I ) third cruise but our parents and my sister in laws first .... we hope they will love it as much as we do!!!
Thanks Scootygirl for telling me about this thread!

newyork716,

Welcome ! I can't answer the honeymooner questions as we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary!! DH=Dear Husband, DW= Dear Wife, DS= Dear Son, DD= Dear Daughter and so on.

The trick for Palo ressies is to board early and make ressies ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter