Nov 6th, 7 day Western

jjgarv

Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...
I know we started a roll call, but I cant find it, so let's get a new one going!

Count us in. We are so excited!!!!! DS 22 and DS 14 and me.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Count us in also. Me , DW , DS , DDIL , DGS (age 10) , DGD (age 4)
DD , DSIL , DGS (age 7) , DGD (age 4) and about 90 other members , family and friends of our Disney club. This will be our 4th cruise and the 3rd with our Disney club. We can't wait.

I think we need to keep the thread active or it gets deleted. Our party consists of Me, DH, DS10, DS7, DD7. I booked our airfare this past weekend, $190.00 pp on Spirit. I have booked a rental car through Budget and all we need is a hotel room for the night before. I will use Priceline when we get about 60 days out.

What kind of excursions are my fellow cruisers considering? We are definately doing the Stringray thing, not sure about anything else.

Hi - DS8 and I are definately doing the dolphin excursion. We're not doing the stingray one (I think that would freak me out having all of them swimming around me. My friends are going to do the stingray one. The reports about not being able to dock in Castaway Cay are bumming me out a little, I hope that doesn't happen to us.:smooth:

I think we will do one of the Ruins tours in Cozumel. In Key West I have an uncle who I will hopefully fish or snorkel with on his boat. Not sure yet on Cayman. We are a large party with a DG who is 7 and DBs who are 9,5,3. Wew ill be in the early seating of dinner. Cant wait!!

We are excited to go !!!. There will be 4 or 5 of us. It is me, DH, DS(12), DMIL and maybe DGcousin(15). We did the Eastern last year. On that cruise, I won this cruise, so what is better than a free cruise???? Hope everyone is counting the days like we are. See you soon!!!:Pinkbounc

Wow, talk about pixie dust, send a little of that my way. I'd love to win a free cruise.:sunny:

Mickeyswife,

Congrats on that free cruise, maybe you will be our good luck charm for smooth sailing and wonderful weather!!

What seating does everyone have? We have early but I am seriously considering switching to late. I don't want to rush to get ready and would enjoy some time before dinner to have a relaxing glass of wine.

Scottygirl - We have the early seating also. I prefer the early seating because I know DS would probably fall asleep during the late seating after being so active all day.

Just checking in to this thread. We sailed on the Western cruise the same week last year and we are looking forward for another week of magic.
It will be DW, DS(12) will be almost 13 when we travel and wants to spend his time with the teens this trip and me.

Were not sure what excursions we will go on this time. We may do some tours on our own.

MouseGoofy,

Welcome to our thread!! It's nice to see another Midwesterner on this thread as it seems everyone so far is from the East Coast!

How was your cruise last year? How was the weather and seas?

Less than 8 months to go now. :tongue:

There will be 6 of us on this cruise. We also went on the same cruise last year for the first time. It will be me, DH, DS(11), DD(7), and two good friends who never sailed DCL. We have early seating for dinner and we'll probably do some excursions on our own this time too.
Definately plan to stop by Mini-golf Sally's this time. She has been so helpful with all her info on the Post Your Cozumel questions Here thread. Thanks Sally!

Hi jerry112,

Another group from the east coast. Looks like there will be quite a few of us.

We're counting down the days..........:smooth:

Scottygirl,

Thanks, for the welcome. This will be the 4th year in a row that we have cruised during this week. The first year on a 3 day Wonder cruise that a 4 day wonder and last years 7 day Western on the magic. DS(12) has 3-4 days off that week for parent-teachers meetings and administrative days for the school. It seems that most of the schools in New Jersey are also off that week so you will find a large number of people from that area on the cruise.

We have had mostly good weather during all of the cruises. Although last year the last night heading back to Port Canaveral was rough and DW was a bit seasick and the glass bottom boat trip we had scheduled at Castawy Cay was cancelled due to wind and waves. I am really looking forward to sunset at Key West this year as it was overcast last year.

:) John

DS(12) has 3-4 days off that week for parent-teachers meetings and administrative days for the school.

That is the same reason we picked this week. My kids go to Catholic school and they follow the public schools schedule because of bussing. The school schedule hasn't been finalized yet due to teacher contract talks, but hopefully things will remain status quo and the won't change the week!! I really don't want them to miss a whole week of school or it will be h**l to pay when we get back.:eek:

Dh and I cruised in October about ten years ago and we had great weather. It was a Southern Caribbean itinerary and I only felt queasy the first night, after that it was smooth sailing.

Hi TYTY,

We chose this week due to school closures as well.
If you haven't checked dolphindiscovery.com, you should. I hear you'll have a more personal dolphin experience than going through DCL. We did the encounter and it was great. My DD6 wouldn't have been able to do anything else. She almost didn't even kiss the dolphin, but changed her mind at the end. Surprisingly, my DS10 was very timid too. We do want to do the SWIM in a couple more years.
Is it November yet?

Karen from NJ

I was checking out the DCL website this weekend and I put in our cruise dates to check the price and guess what? It's sold out!! I checked on Expedia too, with the same results. Allseas still shows availability, but for quite a bit more than we paid. Looks like it's going to be a full cruise!!:eek:

scottygirl,

That's weird, I did the same as you for the DCL website, and if I wanted to I could have booked. The price they quoted me was a lot higher that I'm paying. What category are you in? Maybe the category you put in is sold out. Were in category 9.

UUGH ..... can't wait for the cruise. It's snowing here!!!!!

TYTY,

It's *SNOWING* here right now too!! We are staying in a cat 4 stateroom. I went back on the DCL website and now they are showing availability!! I wonder if maybe they were updating it when I was on this weekend and that's why it showed up as sold out? Who knows? The website looked different than before because it had a box you could check to decline transfers and insurance. The cost was $2300 more than we are paying, but it said Early Booking Savings were included in the price.:confused: Glad we booked really early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter