Nov. 25th Thanksgiving Wonder!!!

Have you been to Universal before? I went once, briefly, yeeeears ago. Rode the "new" Back to the Future ride.

Are you guys staying in Orlando Wed. night?

We are staying in Cocoa Beach at the Marriott Courtyard on Wed. night. It is Ben's favorite hotel - the chain, not that particular one. I am hoping that the Denny's is open on Thanksgiving for breakfast, he loves having Denny's for breakfast when we are on vacation.

Kim

Hey all!
We just got our docs today, so I popped over here to see if there is a thread. This will be Disney Cruise #40 for hubby and I, so we plan to make it a wild party. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Barb

Hi Barb...

This will actually be the 2nd time we've cruised with you. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to meet on the last one (Easter 2003). I enjoy your site very much (esp this time with the extra info on the Christmas decorations). BTW I asked a question that got burried in another thread. We've had richard/Laszlo before. We loved them. Laszlo left Disney for a while though. Is he back? I told my DH after our cruise with them that Laszlo was going to be my souvenier....LOL. He was awesome. Richard is very funny with his "Try the sea bass. It will change your life!" speeches.

My TA said our docs should be here tomorrow. I know there's not much to them but it's still an exciting milestone on our countdown.

justKim...we were at Universal this past Easter. Their front of the line program for onsite guests in unbeatable!! We really enjoyed it. It's different from Disney (and we consider Disney to be "home") but great in it's own way.

I can't believe our cruise is getting so close. I'm so excited to have my parents coming with us. My kids won't know that Grandma and Grandpa are coming until we getto the airport. Then my Dad is going to say something like "Oh what the heck. How about if we come with you?" My kids will flip. We're very close with my parents and they're very active with my kids.

Jess

Jess, that sounds like a lot of fun having the grandparents surprise the kids like that. I wish that my parents could come with us! I've never vacationed with my parents as an adult and I think that it would be a lot of fun. But my kids will have a lot of fun with my in-laws, I know.

We are in a cat 10 on deck 2 with a connecting room with the grandparents. I don't remember the exact stateroom number, although DS could tell you- he has everything memorized.

We are driving to the port from Atlanta. I'm glad that we can get there on Wednesday. I guess next year, the Wonder will leave on a Wednesday instead of Thursday for Thanksgiving. That would make it more difficult for us, since I wouldn't want to take my son out of school for a day to make the drive. I just hope that the drive home on Sunday doesn't wipe him out. I have a feeling that Monday morning is going to be a tough one to get him off to school.

Michelle - I assume that you guys are flying down. Are you leaving town as soon as you get off the ship on Sunday or are you getting in a little sightseeing before you go home?

Kim

We are flying down on Wednesday (I know- busiest day of the year) and staying at All Star Music. We're having breakfast at Chef Mickey's before heading to the port. Sunday night we will go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK and then fly home Monday evening. We aren't sure what we will do during the day on Monday yet, maybe Sea World or Animal Kingdom.

Barb, I remember seeing you around on the ship last Thanksgiving, but didn't get a chance to say "Hi!". (I recognized you from your great website!).

Michelle - That sounds like fun!

We have to drive home Sunday and it is at least an 8 hour drive, but my husband is still trying to figure out how to squeeze in a stop in Orlando on the way home.

Is that Monday a day off for you or are you taking vacation? Just curious. At my school, we weren't allowed to take a day off right before or after a school holiday unless it was a huge emergency.

Jess - I hadn't planned on taking my kids to Universal until they were a little older. DD is only 1 (but she wants to ride everything) and DS is 5 (and he doesn't want to ride anything). Obviously your kids enjoy it, or you wouldn't go back. Is there fun stuff for the little kids who can't/won't ride thrill rides?

Thanks

Was Richard from Brazil? He is there, and hubby says Laszlo is too (I couldn't remember the name). They are great!!
We will be in 5650 as usual. We're flying in Weds. night to allow a little "cushion time," and we'll probably use Happy Limo although we're toying with a car rental. With the crowds, I'm not sure which way we'll go. Can't wait to see you all there!
Barb

Just got our Docs!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

One question...I don't see the Bahamian form in any of our docs. I know what it should look like because I've filled it out for other cruises. I guess we can just get one at the port?

Barb...Richard was from Chile. Laszlo (can't imagine there are 2 of them running around) was fantastic...not to mention nice to look at. I know he left for a while but I'm happy to hear he's back.

We're getting there a couple days early and doing Universal. After the cruise, we're off to Disney to take in the Christmas festivities.

Jess

Jess - where are you guys staying to do WDW? I wish that we could do our cruise and WDW trip all together, but don't want to miss that much school. We are doing the Contemporary the week before Christmas. I just hope it isn't too crazy crowded.

Haven't gotten our docs yet, not that I'm overly anxious to get them...;)

Barb - glad to see that you are going on this cruise. I've lurked for so long, you feel like a familiar "face"

Kim

We're actually splitting our 5 day stay between Port Orleans Riverside and the Grand Floridian.

Our docs came in on Sat :) I wasn't too concerned about them but I hope our docs for Aug come sooner. We're leaving atleast 1 week before our repo cruise. It would be cutting it too close for comfort if they come so late.

Jess

Ps...we're in connecting secret porthole hooms (5522 and 5524).

Originally posted by Gupsmom

Ps...we're in connecting secret porthole hooms (5522 and 5524).

Have you stayed in those rooms before? I've read how so many people love them, but I've also seen complaints about security lights outside the porthole - so I am curious.

Have you stayed in those rooms before?

We've stayed in 5022 and 5024...same rooms just on the other side. We loved them. Staying on deck 5 was fantastic. It was great to just walk down the hall and be at the kids clubs...yet we were far enough away that you didn't even know there were a ship full of kids down the hall.

We didn't experience any problems with lights. Of course, the curtains are very thick...total darkness once you close them.

Jess

Sounds terrific. I feel a bit foolish mentally scoping out rooms for our next cruise when we haven't even taken the first one yet.

Originally posted by thegales
Thanks for the feedback. In 2005, they are switching the 3 and 4 day cruises during Thanksgiving week, so people don't have to embark on Thanksgiving day, they embark on Wednesday instead. I assumed it was the same in 2004, hence my question.

I'll release the hijack now. :D

Hey we are on the 2005 Thanksgiving Wonder. I am really excited to hear how your trip this year is. The weather, the decorations. I can't wait. Only a year to go. :Pinkbounc

Sorry about that...same Richard, but I was confusing his country with head server Rita's. We sailed with Latin American friends on our last cruise...we had Richard and they got a real kick out of conversing with him in Spanish each night. He is a riot! They had loved the dining team they had on their previous cruise, but Richard really won them over. He and Laszlo put on little "plays" for us each night.
Barb

Our docs finally came yesterday! Now it really feels official! Two weeks from today and we fly down! Can't wait!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Okay Jess and Michelle, I am jealous. Where are my docs??? Did you guys use a TA?

My TA just sent me an email and said she's sending out my docs today.

I am also getting the docs for my in-laws, do I need to turn around and mail them to my in-laws? I don't even really know what the docs are. We will meet up with the grandparents in Florida the day before. Can I just take everything with me or should they get these papers further in advance?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter