Nov. 25th Thanksgiving Wonder!!!

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
Now that we're getting closer, is anyone on this cruise with us? I'm so excited. It will be my family's third time on the Wonder, but it's the first time my parents are coming. They've never cruised DCL. I cannot wait for my kids to show them around.

Jess

Yeah! I had started a thread for this one a while back, and I was beginning to think that we would have the ship to ourselves.

This is our first cruise and we are very excited. My husband and I are going with our two kids and his parents.

Kim

Cool. We'll be there with our 3 kids. My son is 7 and my DD's are 6 and 4 1/2.

My kids won't know that my parents are coming until we get to the airport!!

I really cannot wait!!!

Jess

We have a DS who is 5 and a DD who is almost 2. I am a little concerned about DS, he is getting very clingy with me and is already saying that he won't do the Oceaneer's club without me. He has only been like this since he started kindergarten. Have your daughter's stayed at the club?

We are really looking forward to our trip. Ben has been watching the Travel Channel special over and over again, and he studies the deck plans all the time.

Kim

Hi! I will also be on the Thanksgiving Wonder with my DH. We are leaving our 10 1/2 week old (at that time) son at home with the grandparents! I was on the Thanksgiving Wonder last year with my mom and my grandmother and it was a blast! Can't wait to do it again!

Michelle,

Congrats on the new baby. Hope to see you on the cruise. Be sure to bring baby pictures.

I wasn't sure if this would be a fun way to spend a family Thanksgiving, we booked the dates just to fit with my son's school schedule. I'm hoping that since you are coming back for a second Thanksgiving cruise that this must be a good sign.

Kim

I loved cruising for Thanksgiving. I would do it every year if I could afford it. I am a teacher so it fits perfectly into my break and it is nice to see Mickey and Minnie in their Pilgrim suits! It is also great to see the ship decked out for Christmas. Although it will be hard leaving the little one for his first Thanksgiving, my DH and I are looking forward to a few good nights sleep!

Gupsmom,

Where are your staterooms? Do you have connecting rooms with your family? We have connecting cat 10s on deck 2 and I am crossing my fingers that the connecting room situation will be a postitive one!

Kim

Michelle-

What do you teach? Have you gone back to work? I taught high school science until my DS was born. He was born on June 10th and I ended up quitting work two weeks later. My principal didn't let me quit at first, he put me on leave, but I've been out of the classroom for over 5 years now. Love being a stay at home mom, but I plan on going back one day.

And I know you are looking forward to sleeping all night on the cruise!

Kim

hello...

We are in connecting secret porthole rooms on deck 5!! My Dh is also a teacher and 2 of my 3 kids are in elementary school (the third is in pre-k). We are adding a few days after this cruise so we will be missing some school.

I am very excited to be going at this time of year. I can't wait to see the decorations...
Jess

Kim-
I am a Reading and Language Arts teacher for grades 4 - 6 at a small private school. I just went back to work last week and the worst thing about it is not leaving the baby, but trying to get out the door on time and then being expected to function on only a few hours sleep!! This cruise is not coming fast enough - I certainly need to treat myself to a massage! :)

Sounds like great rooms, Jess. Have you guys stayed on that deck before?

Kim

Originally posted by justKim
Sounds like great rooms, Jess. Have you guys stayed on that deck before?

Kim

Yep.. I loved deck 5. I also love connecting staterooms. Having 2 bathrooms is wonderful.

Do you have your docs yet?

Jess

What is the itinerary for your cruise? Normally, four day cruises go to Castaway Cay on day 3. But with you leaving on Wednesday, that puts you there the same day as the Magic.

Back on topic a bit... We cruised this past October and had a lot of difficulty with having to miss school. The four day Wonder over Thanksgiving looks to be a perfect cruise for not missing school.

We leave on Thanksgiving (Th) for a 3 day cruise?!?

Jess

Thanks for the feedback. In 2005, they are switching the 3 and 4 day cruises during Thanksgiving week, so people don't have to embark on Thanksgiving day, they embark on Wednesday instead. I assumed it was the same in 2004, hence my question.

I'll release the hijack now. :D

thegales...

No problem. I was just confused. That's a nice idea. I'll actually have to keep that in mind. I think this is the last year we can pull the kids out of school for a whole week. We could do a 4 night cruise and maybe add 1 or 2 days on for Disney though.

Jess

3 weeks from today we'll be getting ready to go to the port!!!!!

Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter