Not Allowed, Just Frowned Upon, or No Big Deal?

And if the bus comes with just one of the 2 groups in line? Then the first group has to backtrack and wait. Just don't get in line until both groups are there.

Sounds like the long waits i have experienced for the buses is abnormal so getting a head start in the line is probably not really necessary or even worth all the worrying about upsetting people and the logistics of it.

we will need to stop at the restroom, change the little guy's diaper, etc

Since you’ve got the diaper situation, I doubt you’ll be waiting much, if at all.

Make sure you guys both know how to track each other’s flights so you know when they have landed. Have a plan and a backup plan. Make sure everyone’s phone batteries are charged. Take your time with deplaning and bathroom breaks etc; I always have to take a bathroom stop to change out of Washington state clothing into Florida clothing! I know it’s all exciting, but the airport upon arrival is part of the excitement, so have fun there.

I would say to this what I say to groups of people in line for theme park rides, if you are separated entering the line then the first party should step aside and wait for the second party and then all ride together. If the DME bus boards before the 2nd party arrives then I would just meet at the resort.

I know you don't want a debate, but I've got to throw it out there. Let's say there are 60 seats on the bus. Your family gets there, gets in line, and gets seats 55-58. Then a couple lines up behind you and more people behind them. You REALLY think it's ok for your in laws to show up, get with you in line, and bump the next two people to the next bus?

IMO, either you're in such a rush to get the resort, you would not like having to wait for the next bus if it happened to you, or you have no problem waiting, in which case you can wait for your in laws THEN get in line.
Took the words right out of my mouth!
Much better to just relax in the lounge area just prior to DME, and join the later arriving group.

Ok thanks everyone. We will probably just wait for them, as we will need to stop at the restroom, change the little guy's diaper, etc. so by then it would probably only be like a 10/15 minute wait for them (I know I know, its a short time, but once we land we get so excited to get to the resort haha). I was mostly asking because we have had super bad luck with the lines for buses, one time even waiting like 45 minutes. Maybe that was just a busy arrival day/time.

Cheers!
how old is the little one> waiting for them in an open space would give him a chance to move around between flight and bus ride which could be a good thing

Just wait for the next party. Not fair to those who are already waiting for the bus and might get bumped. Last trip we were waiting for the bus from MK to BWV and we were waiting awhile... bus shows up and a HUGE party with one member in an ECV also arrive at same time and while yes, the ECV needs to load first, the entire party should not do the same. Made for very angry people who had been waiting and didn't get seats.

Rude
Simple as that

Definitely don't think it is as simple as that but that is your opinion and I respect that. If you are going to say that never once in your life did you get in line somewhere (a ride at disney, supermarket, anywhere) while someone else you are with was perhaps catching up to you (running to the bathroom, grabbing a bottle of water, etc.) and then that person jumps in line with you when they are finished, then I guess I am off base here. I personally would not be offended if someone else had done the same, but again, that's just me. Again really don't want to get into a whole discussion on ethics and semantics of if running to the bathroom for 3 minutes is ok but meeting up 15 minutes after a plane lands is not. It was an honest question and I was genuinely curious what peoples thoughts were, again because I don't think it would bother me.

Thanks for your opinions everyone.

Last edited:
Before I respond to anything, this thread involves a very specic situation: place-holding for inbound Magical Express.
Just wait for the next party. Not fair to those who are already waiting for the bus and might get bumped. Last trip we were waiting for the bus from MK to BWV and we were waiting awhile... bus shows up and a HUGE party with one member in an ECV also arrive at same time and while yes, the ECV needs to load first, the entire party should not do the same. Made for very angry people who had been waiting and didn't get seats.
While regrettable, it happens. Probably better to start another thread, or search for some of the existing threads on this situation. It doesn't happen on Magical Express.
If you are going to say that never once in your life did you get in line somewhere (a ride at disney, supermarket, anywhere) while someone else you are with was perhaps catching up to you (running to the bathroom, grabbing a bottle of water, etc.) and then that person jumps in line with you when they are finished, then I guess I am off base here.
Not in my recent memory. It depends on how one's action affects others. Supermarket line where you're shopping with others but only one transaction? Not only not a problem, but two people emptying a cart is faster than one.

Soarin' line, where the people behind the line joiners jumpers then get delayed in being assigned a launch bay and seeing the show (even if it is "only" another ten minutes? Or the standby line for CP? Not reasonable.

Definitely don't think it is as simple as that but that is your opinion and I respect that. If you are going to say that never once in your life did you get in line somewhere (a ride at disney, supermarket, anywhere) while someone else you are with was perhaps catching up to you (running to the bathroom, grabbing a bottle of water, etc.) and then that person jumps in line with you when they are finished, then I guess I am off base here. I personally would not be offended if someone else had done the same, but again, that's just me. Again really don't want to get into a whole discussion on ethics and semantics of if running to the bathroom for 3 minutes is ok but meeting up 15 minutes after a plane lands is not. It was an honest question and I was genuinely curious what peoples thoughts were, again because I don't think it would bother me.

You don't want to debate, but you keep presenting arguments for it.

Basic fact... if someone is in line for something, leaves (to go to the bathroom), then returns, it doesn't change the boarding position of the people behind them (they would still board in the same place if the person had never left).

However, if someone ISN'T in line, and then passes people to "meet up" with someone who has been waiting, it DOES change the boarding position of the people behind them.

Now, if you don't think boarding position is important, then you have no problem waiting.
If you do think boarding position is important, then you wouldn't want others to get in front of you.

You can't have it both ways.

You don't want to debate, but you keep presenting arguments for it.

Basic fact... if someone is in line for something, leaves (to go to the bathroom), then returns, it doesn't change the boarding position of the people behind them (they would still board in the same place if the person had never left).

However, if someone ISN'T in line, and then passes people to "meet up" with someone who has been waiting, it DOES change the boarding position of the people behind them.

Now, if you don't think boarding position is important, then you have no problem waiting.
If you do think boarding position is important, then you wouldn't want others to get in front of you.

You can't have it both ways.

I guess I see your point, at least about me being impatient enough to want to get in line first to get a head start but not impatient enough to care if someone else jumps in front of me. It is a bit confusing but in my own head they feel different. I understand what you all are saying and I was just trying to discuss and get opinions without calling names or arguing. I respect all your opinions and appreciate the responses.

Rude
Simple as that
Again really don't want to get into a whole discussion on ethics and semantics ...
If you don't want to discuss ethics or semantics, then don't engage.

The above poster is probably not the only person who thinks the behavior is "rude" -- just the only one to use that word.

No. I have never gotten in line and then had someone in my party "catch up" by jumping in line with us. I have never considered doing this and I do not think others should do this. It will get other people upset and could ruin the magic for them.

As someone pointed out--totally different scenario here. But I really *hope* you aren't one of those people in line glaring at the ECV user and their family. This is Disney's policy. If they come to the bus stop and an ECV is there waiting, they and their party get first loading.

What else should they do?

Hire an employee to monitor the line to time when the ECV entered as opposed to the regular queue people and then tell the bus driver that the ECV was there last so make sure you load everyone first? Then load the ECV and then if their non-ECV family members can't fit, the ECV user will have to travel alone?

I get it, it stinks. Last year was the first year that my father (80) used an ECV due to needing an ankle replacement. He doesn't use one at home or anywhere else, but he could not manage that much walking. He was not happy about using it and we were mortified in the bus line a few times because of the time it took to load his ECV and the fact that we did probably bump some people. Please know that most people would rather be standing on their own two feet and mobile than to endure the ECV hassle, and it is. At some point, my father just started staying in the hotel room when we did a few late night runs to AK. The bus was a huge hassle, we decided to take the car, and the ECV was not transportable. We were very sensitive to the glaring guests in line.

One works in your favor (and the neck with anybody behind you), while the other affects you negatively by delaying your access to the door, the bus, the cashier...of course it feels different to you in your head.

No I meant that waiting off of the line for 15 minutes makes me feel impatient but if a let a different group cut in front of me to catch up to their family and that causes me that same 15 minutes wait i would not feel impatient. I know it doesnt make sense because in both scenarios im waiting 15 minutes still, but it my own head it feels different. that is why i asked in the first place to see if it would be a big deal to others and it sounds like it would be so i have my answer and i know how i feel in my brain about it is not the consensus.

Last edited:
I guess I see your point, at least about me being impatient enough to want to get in line first to get a head start but not impatient enough to care if someone else jumps in front of me. It is a bit confusing but in my own head they feel different. I understand what you all are saying and I was just trying to discuss and get opinions without calling names or arguing. I respect all your opinions and appreciate the responses.

The13thLetter, I appreciate and respect the way you are handling some of the negative responses so gracefully. I don't really have an opinion on your situation as i see where your coming from. I'm a very impatient person but it really depends on the situation on how its going to effect me any given day. Sometimes i'm understanding that situations arise and someone needs to catch up to the group and sometimes i'm having none of it. Very contradictory. lol

Everytime we've used ME we've walked right up to a CM, no one was even in the line.
Just wait for your whole party and go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter