• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Northeast storm tonight

We had a Krogerpocalypse. Kroger was cleaned out of bread, milk, and eggs, aaaaaaand. The roads stayed clear. We got about 1/2 inch on the lawns and sidewalks. Unfortunately we had some flash floods and we're going to get some river flooding today. Nothing we can't handle.

We got buried and are still under a Level 3 driving ban. My son was required to be at work at midnight, despite the ban, and got stuck in a snowdrift before he could even get out of the neighborhood. Not a single plow had come down our street in the 12 hours that it had been snowing & my kid was the only car out. It took me forever to walk in the knee deep snow to where he was was stuck. Luckily, a wonderful man who works for the railroad saw his headlights and towed him out. Then he drove his huge truck all the way to our house so we could drive in his tracks. We are actually still under a Level 3 until at least noon.
50605839_10213589224509936_7460435047296794624_n.jpg
That was so nice of that man! :goodvibes Sometimes these types of events help us see the good in people!

North of Boston and route 128 we have about 6-7 inches of snow. It is now sleeting. The ice is what is scary especially with the temps going down to single digits tonight. I hope we can all keep power through this.
Yes. I am seeing that heavy slush on power lines now. When it freezes tonight, I'm sure we'll be seeing some of them down. I don't think it's particularly windy, though, which will hopefully minimize the damage.

As a West Coaster it just seems like the Network News labels every storm on the East Coast as "The Storm of the Century".
Any storm worse than previous storms in the given time range (here, 2001-2100) is the storm of the century until a worse one.

This storm turned out not to be.

We got lucky here (just east of Toronto) the big storm the news stations had been predicting all week has amounted to about 3 to 5 inches of blowing snow & not much more is expected. Enough to make driving slick & slippery.

Our bigger headache as the north wind ramps up, deadly temperatures with crazy low wind chill values.
We’re looking at 48 hours of minus 30 to 35°C (minus 22°F to minus 31°F) temps with howling winds... :(

Yep. Main roads are fine now. But, it’s definitely a bit chilly out there. :eek:

My husband is plugging in his car tonight and my daughter has been forbidden to wear ankle socks to school tomorrow. :rotfl:

Yep. Main roads are fine now. But, it’s definitely a bit chilly out there. :eek:

My husband is plugging in his car tonight and my daughter has been forbidden to wear ankle socks to school tomorrow. :rotfl:

So cold! I’m thankful for indoor parking on days like this, def a “work sock” morning tomorrow... minus 30°C as we all head out! brrrrr..

Was just looking out the window at the marina, even lake Ontario beyond the break wall is frozen solid as far as the eye can see - don’t see it that way too often.

Stay warm! :)

Nothing here in NYC. I think it might've snowed for an hour total last night before it became rain, absolutely no accumulation. I went to Target yesterday for general stuff, and to get things I needed for a trip next week (to a warm weather place! they had bathing suits!) and the grocery area was pretty busy but it usually is as it's the only Target in that part of Queens.

Cape May NJ... 32 going down to 15, no precipitation. The winds are strong, but compared to the snow and then freezing stuff others have, we are lucky.

We're in central NH and have been hunkered down all day. I went out yesterday and got what we needed and filled my car up. I'm not sure how much snow we've got as it's been very windy.

My town got a bit over 16 inches. Now it’s that crunchy cold out. Not looking forward to leaving for work at 6 tomorrow when the wind chill will be about 20 below.

We pretty much have a large, thick layer of ice on the ground now.

Temps will be single digit overnight with windchill below zero.

Monday morning... We have about a foot or so of snow, but it was deeper until we had sleet and freezing rain. No idea what the real total was. DH says when he was out shoveling last night, he was being pelted with "hard" snow (ice balls?) that had water in the middle of them. UGH. It is still snowing, bu this morning it's just the light, fluffy stuff. We unearthed the vehicles last evening (no garage :scared:) but will have to start up and clear off everything again this morning, as well as dig out the end of the driveway, thanks to the snowplows. Not complaining about snowplows, but they do seem to be able to sense when you've FINALLY gotten the bottom of the driveway cleared, hahaha!

My hometown in CT lost power last evening due to the ice and wind combo and was out for quite awhile. That and single digits temps, not a great mix! Luckily my parents got their power back around 1am and their house did not get super cold but some people in their area are still out.

There's a feels like -15 here in NYC at the moment!

The middle of last week we were in the predicted 3-5 inch range. Later it was changed to 1-3 inches. Then finally to all rain. It rained very heavily overnight Saturday into Sunday. Fortunately the roads dried up before the temperatures dipped below freezing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter