Northeast storm tonight

Anyone else hunkered down tonight? :cold:

What are stores, gas stations, roads like where you are?

I went grocery shopping last night and stores were pretty busy, but where I was they seemed to have plenty of everything in stock.

Today I was surprised at how busy gas stations were around me. All pumps were in use with small lines forming.

I am off, but DD will be experiencing her first commute in the snow tonight and tomorrow morning.
Wife is stuck in it now getting pounded with wind, snow and very cold. Me I'm at our place in Orlando in shorts. Tomorrow and Monday will be cold though.

Central NH here! The 6:15 weather report on TV is saying 12-18 inches of snow with a half inch of freezing rain on top of that. I don't mind snowstorms, I am just hoping we don't lose power. We have our own well, so no water if we lose power and no other sources of heat.

My husband went to the grocery store around 8 this morning. Not storm related shopping for us, just the normal weekly shopping. He said it was a bit busier, but I am sure it was a madhouse as the day progressed!! Even though the roads will all be clear and safe Monday morning, people lose their minds and think they will be snowed in for a week and run out of food!!! Ha, ha!!

Its snowing here at a pretty good clip right now!

Stay safe everyone!

South of Chicago. Gusty winds. Churches said no services tonight. Locale college closed for Saturday events. DS event was canceled that he was to leave at 4am today in was 2 hours south of us. DD and I took DH diesel heavy truck to our tiny town, country roads, hit the bank and dollar general for a pizza for tonight. We were the only vehicle for 3 miles, we went 33 miles an hour and the drifts were a little over 2 foot drifts. We were in no rush. No snow plow ran that road still tonight. And no newspapers were delivered today. Really we have just hung out. Tomorrow DH plans to move the 3 foot snow drift with the tractor and then we plan to venture to our real town with stores and such to go to the movie "Glass".

I love how Buffalo gets 6"-7" and it's basically nothing because they actually take care of the roads up in that area. (I grew up near Buffalo.) Here, they wait until the storm is mostly over to get to anything other than the main roads. We've had about 5" so far, and it's not too bad, though our street isn't great. We're expecting most of it overnight, so we'll see where we are in the morning. I think we're still in the 12"-20" band. Some churches around here have already announced that they will not have services tomorrow.

I forgot to add: I went to Wegmans yesterday afternoon because I generally shop on Sundays. They were completely out of chicken, so menu plans had to change for a few days. We didn't need bread or milk yet (and I'd bought eggs at Aldi earlier in the week), so I didn't notice how those shelves were. It was insane in the store, but my college-aged son was with me, and he made it into a fun adventure. I drove by again later in the evening, and the parking lot looked even worse with cars circling around looking for spots.

Another Southwestern PA resident here with nothing but rain so far. I told my DD’s to make any weekend plans for last night as we were staying put today. Looks like that was not necessary at all, but we’ve had a great day playing games. So far we’ve done a Disney version of Trivial Pursuit that took hours. It was copyrighted in 1997 and was oldest wasn’t even born until 2000, so difficult. Also played 1 round of Ticket to Ride and multiple games of Wits & Wagers. Taking a break now and then I think it is Jackbox games on the TV. Oldest DD and I are hoping for another game of Ticket to Ride but younger DD’s aren’t excited about that.

It's interesting to read the Buffalo reports on here, I'm also in the Buffalo area (Clarence) and we have maybe 4-5" so far today? I know we are getting more overnight. It snowed all day but we didn't actually get much that seemed to stay. We were out this morning from 10:30-12:30 and Transit was clear but the side streets were slippery. I have a Subaru with all wheel drive and even with that my car was sliding a little on those. Probably better now that I heard the plows come by a few times. Hoping we don't get as much overnight as predicted.

Northern VT. It’s cold, never got above zero today and currently -8 with windchills expected to be -30 or so. Light snow started late this afternoon, but I think the worst is expected overnight and Sunday morning. I think they upgraded our expected total to be 12-18 inches.

It's interesting to read the Buffalo reports on here, I'm also in the Buffalo area (Clarence) and we have maybe 4-5" so far today? I know we are getting more overnight. It snowed all day but we didn't actually get much that seemed to stay. We were out this morning from 10:30-12:30 and Transit was clear but the side streets were slippery. I have a Subaru with all wheel drive and even with that my car was sliding a little on those. Probably better now that I heard the plows come by a few times. Hoping we don't get as much overnight as predicted.

I'm in Alden, live on a side road off Broadway and the plow came by like 5 times today which I thought was overkill but it seems like the wind is blowing the snow all over the place.

Transitioning to snow here in Indiana. Winds gusting to 40 mph and expecting 6-8 inches. Drinking wine and watching Netflix.

We’ve been downgraded again to 3 to 5 inches. By the looks of it we probably aren’t even going to get that.

I'm in western Massachusetts and the snow only started a couple of hours ago. We were supposed to get some snow Thursday night into Friday morning, but it never happened. From what I can tell we have about half an inch so far. They are predicting 6-12 I think. The supermarket was busy today. People circling for a parking spot and all but one register open. I normally don't go grocery shopping on Saturdays, but my DS was driving me crazy yesterday afternoon and I did not want to bring him with me so I put it off until today. Glad I don't have to leave the house tomorrow.

North of Boston. Snowing now, snow prediction dropped from 1-2 feet, to 2-4 inches. Change to freezing rain, Monday high temp 10°.

Market Basket was busy - all carts in use or parking lot - but well-organized.

I love how Buffalo gets 6"-7" and it's basically nothing because they actually take care of the roads up in that area. (I grew up near Buffalo.) Here, they wait until the storm is mostly over to get to anything other than the main roads. We've had about 5" so far, and it's not too bad, though our street isn't great. We're expecting most of it overnight, so we'll see where we are in the morning. I think we're still in the 12"-20" band. Some churches around here have already announced that they will not have services tomorrow.

Checking in from Lockport, NY- near Buffalo! Yep- expecting over a foot of snow! But all the plows are out! We're staying inside this weekend mainly because of the frigid temps!!

Snow just got started a few hours ago, its been - 25 or so for a few days, dipping to -35 at night. We are expected to get anywhere from 10-25 cm. It’s more the wind and bitter cold that will be bothersome.

I was out doing the regular grocery and message shopping thing earlier, but weather doesn’t change that here. Same folks out, shelves are the same.

I did read they are postponing our city’s (Montreal) Fete des Neiges, it was scheduled for this weekend, but with the weather combo, frostbite can be achieved in less than 30 minutes. It’s never been postponed before.

South Florida here. I won't mention our current temp. You don't want to know. We just went out to view the moon. It was beautiful!

It's supposed to be extremely cold for us tomorrow night, but it's not comparable to what some of you are experiencing. I hope none of you lose power. I grew up in the mountains of NC & know how bad snowy/icy roads can be, but nothing is worse than losing power, when the temps are that low. Stay safe & warm. :grouphug:

South Florida here. I won't mention our current temp. You don't want to know. We just went out to view the moon. It was beautiful!

It's supposed to be extremely cold for us tomorrow night, but it's not comparable to what some of you are experiencing. I hope none of you lose power. I grew up in the mountains of NC & know how bad snowy/icy roads can be, but nothing is worse than losing power, when the temps are that low. Stay safe & warm. :grouphug:

Ugh, I’m only 2 weeks back from spending 14 days in Naples, it was glorious when we were there, so I still remember, and check the weather. Enjoy. We in Montreal have been asked to reduce consumption, they are expecting power losses.

Ugh, I’m only 2 weeks back from spending 14 days in Naples, it was glorious when we were there, so I still remember, and check the weather. Enjoy. We in Montreal have been asked to reduce consumption, they are expecting power losses.

I hope you have an alternative power source. Stay warm. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter