No storm along Bay ?

i get all this but ask yourself this, when was the last time you saw BC villas wide open for july and aug reservations? especially in june. so i think those that know are canceling and the ones who don’t are still booked. I was NOT told last week when i booked the pool was gone, I had to find in on DFB blog literally titled “8 hidden bomb shells” lol The whole point of this post wasn’t to say if disney did or didn’t have the right, OBVIOUSLY THEY DO LOL the point was i think it’s sad they are almost lying by omitting and I think the points should be doscounted the same as the cash reservations are. I know this will never happen was just my rant 🤷🏻‍♂️ thanks

You are confusing DVC and Disney, It really is not to up to CMs that work for DVC to let you know what will or will not be open when it is posted on the Disney website, and the link to the openings are on the DVC website.

Absolutely, DVC owners have changed as those rooms are now open....because, as you said, it is a big draw.

But, as you mentioned, they can’t adjust the points It would be illegal for them to do that...so BCV will remain with a lower occupancy until it is open..

The good news for those at BWV is that there will be fewer people wanting to go to Luna Park pool.

How could a gondola be open and not a pool area?
The only thing I'll add to what's already been said is that its easy to social distance on the Skyliner because they can limit each gondola to only your travel party. This is how it was operating back in October when it was a slower time. They will likely have to implement some form of sanitization or every-other-gondola procedure to ensure sanitization between guests if it is in fact operational, but its still very easy to limit each cabin to separate parties.

The pools, especially in the summer months, can be expected to be busy. Especially if people are unable to get park reservations or want frequent or longer breaks from the parks due to the mask usage and presumable longer wait times for rides. So while operational costs are surely the primary factor for deciding which pools to open and when, I think the argument can also be made that it will be tough to limit capacity there and if they do, it will result in guest dissatisfaction. Its easier to put people on notice early on that a pool will be closed so they can go in with that expectation.

It really does come down to who's paying for the operation of SAB. Which isn't that meaningful to the guest, but is very meaningful to the people who actually have to fork out the money.

Here's the simple version. The lion's share of operational costs for SAB are paid by YC and BC. A much smaller share is paid by the owners who have BCV as their home resort. That's the way DVC works; those who own at the resort pay the operational costs of the resort. Disney only pays their share based on the very few units they own at each resort, just like any other owner would.

So. BCV is open. BC and YC are not open. I don't see any way for BC and YC to be willing to pay the (substantial) operating costs of SAB just so the guests of another resort can use it. There's nothing in it, financially, for them.

The alternative, I guess, would be to make DVC owners and guests pay the full freight of SAB operation, since they'd be the ones using it. If DVC tried to do an assessment on BCV owners to cover that, the screaming would be heard in other dimensions. Or, I guess you could charge BCV guests by the day for use of SAB - which would be a very hefty fee that no one would want to pay.

So yeah, expect SAB to be closed at least until BC/YC reopen.

The unthemed pool outside BCV will be open. And there are reports somewhere (not necessarily the DIS) that the gondolas have been on the tracks and occasionally goperated.
There are actually 2 "leisure pools" at BC - one more associated with BCV and one with BC. I wonder if both will be open to spread people out.

I can see why SAB isn't open - just too expensive to operate with so few people at BC/YC/BCV. That's a very sophisticated pool area with many well-trained life guards required. The leisure pools are open with no/limited life guards.

Very informative thread! Has Disney announced when BC/YC will be opened? If not, what are the speculations? Thanks! 😊

Very informative thread! Has Disney announced when BC/YC will be opened? If not, what are the speculations? Thanks! 😊

No, they have not, They are moving people through July 1th,.,so it doesn’t seem to be any earlier than that.

IMO, they won’t begin to open things up until they need to, As long as the DVC resorts can absorb trips, I think they will hold off,

Thanks for the information! I rented DVC points from a company, and I asked about moving to another resort bc SAB will likely be closed in early August, and their response was - “they are scheduled to reopen on July 11th when the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts reopen. I know there is a lot of bad information available right now, but there are no indications that SAB will be closed for your dates in August.” Thoughts?

Thanks for the information! I rented DVC points from a company, and I asked about moving to another resort bc SAB will likely be closed in early August, and their response was - “they are scheduled to reopen on July 11th when the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts reopen. I know there is a lot of bad information available right now, but there are no indications that SAB will be closed for your dates in August.” Thoughts?

Nothing official and I have not heard that from any of my sources...I heard it’s wait and see...I think if that is true we will find out this week.

They're right. There has been no official announcement about SAB for August.

They’re telling me SAB is planning to open on July 22nd when the rest of the resort opens.

Well, as mentioned, no one has confirmed that yet and that rumor has not yet surfaced here. Things change at WDW regularly and I was told they are using a wait and see approach and that is why they are doing things week to week with reservations.

This week, they will be dealing with those at park opening so if they are opening any hotels, we should hear

As a DVC member, I would never expect them to open SAB until Yacht & Beach Club are open for all the reasons others have outlined.

I understand being sad that it won’t be open, but it makes perfect sense if only the DVC side of BC will be open.

If you bought into DVC you should really understand what DVC pays for vs. Disney. And also that nightly points just can’t be adjusted on a whim. The fact that points can’t be adjusted whenever actually protects members, by the way.

It stinks that SAB won’t be open for BCV guests, but it isn’t really a surprise and makes sense. There’s really no way they’ll open it without the resorts being open.

They’re telling me SAB is planning to open on July 22nd when the rest of the resort opens.
The SAB pool will not be open when the hotel opens. i doubt it will be in august, and if we all believe it’s cost cutting then they won’t be open for a dead sept either would be my guess. and i understand it’s not DVC paying the note, i get it but if were all being honest we all book BCV for SAB or at least i know i do

With the new report that NBA is going to YC, I think there is a good chance that SAB is closed to guests longer than most hoped.

With the new report that NBA is going to YC, I think there is a good chance that SAB is closed to guests longer than most hoped.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems more likely to me now that the resort side of BC (and correspondingly SAB) won't open until the NBA is out of YC and they can open it and BC up to regular guests. The playoffs start mid August and that is when the bottom 6 teams should leave WDw. So that is likely the soonest the NBA would be out of YC, which is where they have the bottom 6 teams placed currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter