No storm along Bay ?

Dennis DVC

Mouseketeer
So i read that storm along bay will be closed because of covid and i don’t get it? How could a gondola be open and not a pool area? lol that seems wacky. Then that also means if your staying at boardwalk you will be inundated buy the BC & YC guests hitting your pool aswell. I feel like if I were planning at BC,YC, or BW that’s all very relevant i formation that you really don’t see advertised and should be

So i read that storm along bay will be closed because of covid and i don’t get it? How could a gondola be open and not a pool area? lol that seems wacky. Then that also means if your staying at boardwalk you will be inundated buy the BC & YC guests hitting your pool aswell. I feel like if I were planning at BC,YC, or BW that’s all very relevant i formation that you really don’t see advertised and should be
We don’t know that the gondolas will be open either, but SAB isn’t being kept closed for safety reasons, IMO. It’s a cost cutting measure. They have said there will be capacity limits at the pools. That does mean there may be times when you won’t have access to the pool at the resort you’re staying at.

Right now, only the DVC portions of each of their resorts is open. I would hope by the time the cash sides open, they’d open SAB as well.

Last edited:
even if they hold off on the skyliner the whole thing still makes no sense... we’re all flying in sharing air on the plain, then checking into hotels where masks are not manditory. walking down halls, in lobby’s again sharing all the same air. I don’t see how the pools are a threat ? And if your staying at that resort and still being charged the same dvc pts i think that’s foul. put limits on the pools I get but close in the name of covid? looks like budget cuts to me

We don’t know that the gondolas will be open either, but SAB isn’t being kept closed for safety reasons, IMO. It’s a cost cutting measure. They have said there will be capacity limits at the pools. That does mean there may be times when you won’t have access to the pool at the resort you’re staying at.

Right now, only the DVC portions of each of their resorts is open. I would hope by the time the cash sides open, they’d open SAB as well.

i 100% agree on the cost cutting

even if they hold off on the skyliner the whole thing still makes no sense... we’re all flying in sharing air on the plain, then checking into hotels where masks are not manditory. walking down halls, in lobby’s again sharing all the same air. I don’t see how the pools are a threat ? And if your staying at that resort and still being charged the same dvc pts i think that’s foul. put limits on the pools I get but close in the name of covid? looks like budget cuts to me

Actually, masks are required in common areas inside and outside the WDW hotels. You either need to be in your room, eating/drinking, or in the pool. This is per WDW rules.:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining

SAB is part of the WDW hotel and not part of DVC. We help share in the cost to run it based on occupancy but we have no right at all to demand Disney open it or their hotels.

So, yes, Disney is choosing not to open it when they have no guests there to pay their share.

Sure, it isn’t the best for anyone choosing to stay there, but at least it was told ahead of time so people can go elsewhere.

SAB is part of the WDW hotel and not part of DVC. We help share in the cost to run it based on occupancy but we have no right at all to demand Disney open it or their hotels.

So, yes, Disney is choosing not to open it when they have no guests there to pay their share.

Sure, it isn’t the best for anyone choosing to stay there, but at least it was told ahead of time so people can go elsewhere.

no matter who pays the bills or how you slice is BC is substantially LESS valuable without the pool. but yet the points will remain the same? I think the supply vs demand will dictate that so no we can’t demand it your right but by not booking there that will cause a change i think.

no matter who pays the bills or how you slice is BC is substantially LESS valuable without the pool. but yet the points will remain the same? I think the supply vs demand will dictate that so no we can’t demand it your right but by not booking there that will cause a change i think.

Again, DVC points for rooms are not based on having access to SAB. One has nothing to do with the other in terms of operations.

Of course BCV is popular because of it, but the pool is not part of DVC or any of its components.

Not sure how happy BCV owners would have been to find out they would be billed for the entire cost if it opened before YC/BC.

Sure, disappointing, but certainly not a surprise why Disney decided not to open.

Anyone want to guess what the "Initial opening" time frame is? We are heading there in early August...

The unthemed pool outside BCV will be open. And there are reports somewhere (not necessarily the DIS) that the gondolas have been on the tracks and occasionally goperated.

Are all the other pools open?

Anyway, as pointed out above and below, running Stormalong Bay is expensive. Also, BCV has fewer than 300 units, the occupants of ehich should be able to be served by the planned-open pools.

But most important: because Disney said so.

i get all this but ask yourself this, when was the last time you saw BC villas wide open for july and aug reservations? especially in june. so i think those that know are canceling and the ones who don’t are still booked. I was NOT told last week when i booked the pool was gone, I had to find in on DFB blog literally titled “8 hidden bomb shells” lol The whole point of this post wasn’t to say if disney did or didn’t have the right, OBVIOUSLY THEY DO LOL the point was i think it’s sad they are almost lying by omitting and I think the points should be doscounted the same as the cash reservations are. I know this will never happen was just my rant 🤷🏻‍♂️ thanks

Is BCV the only DVC with wide open reservations? Or is that somewhat the norm right now?

Congratulations on finding the information on DFB.I knew it was online somewhere. Maybe if I'd delved deeper into the official website? Anyway, aside from DFB, is there anything online specifying which exact pools will be open? There's no "almost lying by omission".

Logistics: between them, the Yacht and Beach Club resorts (just the resorts) have 1,206 rooms. BCV has 262 units. How much financial sense does it make to staff/open a feature as expensive to run as SAB, when less than 20% of the property can possibly be occupied?

So the question still remains, why is SAB closed and every other pool open? Odd

DVC owners pay a very small fraction of the cost to run that pool so no way was Disney still paying, IMO. The other feature pools are opening but with limited hours...so until people are there, we have no idea what that limitation will be,

I also think it is possible that the rumor that MLS may have been going to YC maybe played a role too. And, I have another theory as well.

So, we will see when they announce opening of BC/YC what they do. But, I really believe they will hold off opening other resorts as long as they can move to DVC or Ft Wilderness. My guess is mid July at the earliest but hope for others I am wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter