NO RECEPTION-am i normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and again...useless information. not relevant at all. and warlocks? seriously. like dungeons and dragons? oh yeah.very cool. good luck with that. i would say good luck finding to someone to marry you but i guess miracles do happen.....suck it.

Really hoping that you quoted the wrong person, because the information I gave was completely relevant.

To answer your question: No, it isn't "normal" not to have a reception.

Actually, according to Disney (and the Escape Package wedding AS DESIGNED) it is, indeed "normal". They include a cake and champagne "reception" as part of the package. Nothing more is needed.

There are many Disney brides who have purchased the basic packages with no extra "special events."

More and more destination wedding locations are offering packages that do not include full receptions. Mostly because the wedding itself is intended to be small, intimate, and very very simple.

There is nothing wrong with adding whatever events you want to add, but it is perfectly normal to have the Disney Escape Package as is.

Actually, according to Disney (and the Escape Package wedding AS DESIGNED) it is, indeed "normal". They include a cake and champagne "reception" as part of the package. Nothing more is needed.

There are many Disney brides who have purchased the basic packages with no extra "special events."

More and more destination wedding locations are offering packages that do not include full receptions. Mostly because the wedding itself is intended to be small, intimate, and very very simple.

There is nothing wrong with adding whatever events you want to add, but it is perfectly normal to have the Disney Escape Package as is.

I never said a "full reception." But having a wedding with no reception at all, is not normal. It's not even "normal" for Disney. It is an option, yes. But is it "normal" no.

I wasn't criticizing the Escape package. I think it is great! However, I also feel that if your guests are travelling from out of state to a wedding that tradition and the norm call for them to be provided with a meal.

Are there people that have weddings without receptions. Yup!

Did I say this was wrong? Nope!

Do I think it is a little bit tacky if you are asking your guests to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to attend your wedding? Yup!

Is it outside "the norm" (the norm being what the majority of brides, Disney & otherwise, do?) Yup!

Is this a good time to point out that you took time out of your busy day and created a profile on a forum where you probably have no intention of becoming a constructive, contributing member?

The warlock and his goddesses are ashamed. :(

good one :thumbsup2 -

to OP and friend of OP (or OP?):

who's the one wasting time? We all are one here to support each other and give feedback (which we all do with each other pretty regularly), we have formed friendships with each other that we find entertainment and joy from. So, if you are going to waste your time to sign up for a membership on a board and post a nasty comment thinking you are proving a point when your friend (or yourself lol) asked on an open opinion forum about AM I NORMAL?....who's the one that's wasting their time?? so, now you are insulting your friend and yourself? contradiction? hmm... troll!

:rotfl: popcorn::

this is an public forum - OP asked for OPINION... she got it! :rolleyes1

disneybride219 and YouNeedToGetALife
I tried to be nice in my previous post and you chose not to respond to me - your choice.
Now, however, you are just being darn right rude and offensive!!! I was trying not to make another post as it was all descending into a trade-off of insults, but I feel your last few posts really need to be addressed. I have a sneaking suspicion that I am feeding a troll but here goes....
You asked a question and got answers. Answers you didn't like maybe, but truthful answers to your question from people who I have found to be sweet, honest and helpful. I have been posting on, and reading these boards for a couple of years and never have I seen such rude responses to peoples' posts as yours. It makes me really angry (and generally I don't anger easily!!!), that you ask people's opinions and then spit the dummy when they don't say that they agree with your wonderful idea!!! I also disagree with your friend that if people have negative opinions they should keep quiet. So, as I understand it, you just want to hear from people who have the same opinion as yourself!!! And we are immature and pretentious!!!
We are not just seeing who can have the best wedding, who is the biggest Disney fan etc (as your friend suggested), we are people who have shared interests, who enjoy chatting to each other. Before it is suggested that I am an immature, wannabe princess, let me assure you that I am a 48 year old paramedic and mother of four (so I feel I have a very full life, thank you, YouNeedToGetALife!!), who is having her VR at WDW because that is what she and her DH want. I have no doubt that you will think I am sad, but I really am past caring what your opinion is, as you are so dismissive of the opinion of others. I really enjoy chatting to cyberfriends on this board and refuse to let you sour it for me, so I won't be posting in this thread again. I genuinely wish you all the best in your new life.

Thank you to everyone who participated helpfully and respectfully in this thread.

As the OP will no longer be posting here and there's little planning value in this thread, I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter