NO RECEPTION-am i normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah WINNING!:laughing:

Keeping score? Wow that just solidifies my point. Lack of priorities and nothing better to do in life.

If I didn’t have a job and things to do in my day to day life I would go back on these 6 pages and point out all of the negativity that the OP has gotten.

:banana:

Lack of priorities and nothing better to do in life.

Is this a good time to point out that you took time out of your busy day and created a profile on a forum where you probably have no intention of becoming a constructive, contributing member?

The warlock and his goddesses are ashamed. :(

I'm not sure what you mean be score keeping? The WINNING references Charlie sheen's insane banter. I'm sure you are too busy at work to keep up with that Hollywood gossip stuff! :lmao:

I'm not sure what you mean be score keeping? The WINNING references Charlie sheen's insane banter. I'm sure you are too busy at work to keep up with that Hollywood gossip stuff! :lmao:

what are you talking about?!?!?! charlie sheen? this is where this has gone? charlie sheen?!?! that makes no sense!! what is happening here?!

gogetalife?!?! who are you!?!?!? i know i called everybody yesterday about the stuck up attitudes on here but i dont know which one of you actually did this?!?! well...i might have an idea. but i must say!..thank you! i love you.
keep putting the wanna be cyberbullies in their place.

:hippie::hippie::hippie::hippie::hippie:
warlocks???? lame.

actually the OP has been at least as snarky as anyone else if not more so - WINNING!!

But seriously, you all enjoy yourselves and have an awesome time! Clearly you are very secure in your plans which will probably be great!! Soooo wait, why were you all seeking opinions again??

Oh yeah WINNING!:laughing:

:lmao:

I have nothing to contribute that hasn't already been said, except that this has been very entertaining. :happytv:

what are you talking about?!?!?! charlie sheen? this is where this has gone? charlie sheen?!?! that makes no sense!! what is happening here?!

gogetalife?!?! who are you!?!?!? i know i called everybody yesterday about the stuck up attitudes on here but i dont know which one of you actually did this?!?! well...i might have an idea. but i must say!..thank you! i love you.
keep putting the wanna be cyberbullies in their place.

:hippie::hippie::hippie::hippie::hippie:
warlocks???? lame.

Okay, Sheen aside, in all seriousness, you posted a thread saying you were not having a reception and asking "am I normal?" What type of responses were you expecting to receive? Just curious.

Wow im so hungry .. what will i do now?

I might feed myself .. because im more than capable to do so myself without having someone else do it.

Okay, Sheen aside, in all seriousness, you posted a thread saying you were not having a reception and asking "am I normal?" What type of responses were you expecting to receive? Just curious.

ya know what.
for that last and final time..........!!!!!!!!!
the OP was worded to be playful and funny....not literal. [/SIZE]idiots. if you want to criticize someone-look in the mirror. the majority of you spoiled brats on here are too competitive to have a real conversation with another woman. you are too eager to be the best. the most correct. the biggest disney fan. to have the best wedding. come on. get with it. grow up.
the next time you think you have "advice" to give...keep it to yourself.
you are just soo quick to put down others.
i bet if there was internet when you were younger....you would be labeled a cyberbully. but back then we had a different name for those kind of girls............. - - - - -

enough already.

Godspeeed all

im going to blow my 7 gram rocks now

and someone had to chime in .. it was just out of control

The only person who was "out of control" was your bratty little buddy. Came in to deliberately stir the pot and got her nose all out of joint when people expressed differing viewpoints. She was the only one who was EVER rude; everyone was very helpful until she went on the attack. And then she had to bring in "backup" to tell all the mean, horrible women to leave their innocent little bunny alone. :rotfl:

Gah. Can we please let this horrible thread DIE the death it deserves now?

This thread could have been a great drinking game if we took a sip anytime someone typed more than two consecutive punctuation marks.

ya know what.
the OP was worded to be playful and funny....not literal. [/SIZE]idiots. if you want to criticize someone-look in the mirror. the majority of you spoiled brats on here are too competitive to have a real conversation with another woman. you are too eager to be the best. the most correct. the biggest disney fan. to have the best wedding. come on. get with it. grow up.
i bet if there was internet when you were younger....you would be labeled a cyberbully. but back then we had a different name for those kind of girls............. - - - - -

enough already.
I have nothing more to add, but I just wanted to follow "The Rule" :).

ya know what.

enough already.
Wow- biggest YAGE I have seen in a while. Everyone just stop feeding the trolls.

Have an epic and winning weekend fellow Goddesses and Warlock Assassins. April 8-Radio City NYC can't wait!!!! hahaha

Wow, I was actually trying to be friendly and helpful so I'm not sure why I deserved such a nasty response. Have a nice wedding and a nice life!

*unsubscribe*

To answer your question: No, it isn't "normal" not to have a reception.

Many posters have offered suggestions on alternatives to a formal reception:

1. Have a dessert party. With site rentals from $200-350, and menus starting at $25/person it is very reasonable. Plus, it seems as though all your guests will have theme park admission, so no Illuminations viewing fee.

2. Have dinner at a buffet onsite. Again, it would be about $30-35/person. Very reasonable.

There are a lot of risks with "winging it" as you hope to do. First, large party dining reservations are typically only offered at the 1st and last seatings. So your choices are going to be 5pm and 9pm. I'm not sure, logistically, how everyone will pay for themselves, as you suggested. Split the bill 8 ways? :confused3

If your groom is in a tux, or even a full suit, you will not be allowed to enter the park. And even if your dress is casual by "bridal" standards, the odds are you will not be permitted to enter.

And as far as asking family and close friends to a destination wedding and not providing them with a meal...in my opinion that is a bit tacky.

These people will be paying hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands, each to travel to and attend your wedding. I'm not saying they should be given a 7 course meal at Victoria & Albert's, but a meal/experience costing $25-35/person seems more than acceptable to me.

To answer your question: No, it isn't "normal" not to have a reception.

Many posters have offered suggestions on alternatives to a formal reception:

1. Have a dessert party. With site rentals from $200-350, and menus starting at $25/person it is very reasonable. Plus, it seems as though all your guests will have theme park admission, so no Illuminations viewing fee.

2. Have dinner at a buffet onsite. Again, it would be about $30-35/person. Very reasonable.

There are a lot of risks with "winging it" as you hope to do. First, large party dining reservations are typically only offered at the 1st and last seatings. So your choices are going to be 5pm and 9pm. I'm not sure, logistically, how everyone will pay for themselves, as you suggested. Split the bill 8 ways? :confused3

If your groom is in a tux, or even a full suit, you will not be allowed to enter the park. And even if your dress is casual by "bridal" standards, the odds are you will not be permitted to enter.

And as far as asking family and close friends to a destination wedding and not providing them with a meal...in my opinion that is a bit tacky.

These people will be paying hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands, each to travel to and attend your wedding. I'm not saying they should be given a 7 course meal at Victoria & Albert's, but a meal/experience costing $25-35/person seems more than acceptable to me.

WOW, you are brave!!!! :goodvibes

JEALOUS! Waiting for California tour dates. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
Got our tickets yesterday. DH & I are psyched!!! They sold out both NY shows in less than 10 minutes. I will let you know how it is. He is going to have more shows I heard so you gotta think he would come to Cali. He'll probably end in Cali since that is where he is from. WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter