No Pixie Dust Yesterday!! I Hate Magic Bands!

We made the mistake of not carrying cash on our first WDW trip. There were a bunch of kiosks in World Showcase that would only take cash. We were shut out of the delicious World Showcase snacks we were coveting. :(
It may be different now, but I wouldn't know because I always carry cash. It's not difficult to carry, so better safe than sorry.

Do you know if any of the kiosks use squares? Anyone?

And the FP+ lines were as long as standby on many rides!

I've never seen this actually be the case. Unless the standby is non existent. They often LOOK longer because people don't understand and how FP+ works and while the CM explain it ties up or blocks the entrance. In reality we find the FP lines to be much SHORTER now than ever.

Do you know if any of the kiosks use squares? Anyone?

AFAIK all the kiosks take credit card these days but not on the square. They just take them. I think maybe the little carts that sell light up junk only take cash.

We never carry cash and have never needed it.

We have never used the MB system and therefore should have no old information in the system, correct?

For our trip in December, we will be buying our tickets from AAA to get their discount. I am told that I can add the number from the ticket onto our MB account, correct?

Then to avoid any possible glitches, I should bring the hard ticket I get from AAA with us to the parks just in case?

Also bring ID for everybody?

If this is the case, then why bother with MB's as I will have to bring more stuff with me than just my KTTW card as we have in the past.
No, unless you've never been before period. I have never used MB system. However I have tickets showing in MDE going back to 2011. Most are listed as inactive but there are 2 from 2013, before MB use started, that show as active. Ghost tickets they are called. Can't use them and can't get them to go away.

DH and I will have our DL with us (we plan to partake in adult beverages since we'll have no driving this trip, buses only). And I'll go on and bring our ticket media with us too. Just in case. I had issues with KTTW card last trip. We had to use the CM with the scanner device to get in the park every single day, KTTW card never worked and half the time still wouldn't pull FP. If I had that much trouble with KTTW I do not expect less with MB. We'll go prepared (DH wasn't an Eagle scout for nothing)

I've never seen this actually be the case. Unless the standby is non existent. They often LOOK longer because people don't understand and how FP+ works and while the CM explain it ties up or blocks the entrance. In reality we find the FP lines to be much SHORTER now than ever.

We have. The Great Movie Ride had about 12 in the SB line and 24 in the FP line. Plus the killer is we waited 20 minutes to use our FP.

The DD's went during Wishes to Space Mountain and the FP line was longer than the SB line.

POTC had a huge FP line but not as long as the 45 minute wait but the FP line was not a walk on it had a solid line but I didn't time it.

We have. The Great Movie Ride had about 12 in the SB line and 24 in the FP line.

Exactly! I'm sure you all got on the same car.... with the FP people being put on first.

So the wait time with only 36 people in line for both lines was basically non-existent.

FP for SM has always been long in my experience and has moved much quicker with FP+.

Has anyone else ever voiced their concerns on Walt Disney's Facebook page? Doe's anyone think this might get some attention? I'm thinking if enough of us do this perhaps it will get some attention :) edit to add-I have posted my concerns there

Has anyone else ever voiced their concerns on Walt Disney's Facebook page? Doe's anyone think this might get some attention? I'm thinking if enough of us do this perhaps it will get some attention :) edit to add-I have posted my concerns there

Let us know how long it takes for them to delete your comments. :cool2:

You may be more likely to get a response from e-mailing them than posting on FB.

Exactly! I'm sure you all got on the same car.... with the FP people being put on first.

So the wait time with only 36 people in line for both lines was basically non-existent.

FP for SM has always been long in my experience and has moved much quicker with FP+.

Actually they were running two cars at the time, SB in the first and FP in the second. This was a crowd level of 9 out of 10. This attraction does not need a FP+

We also found ourselves waiting 20 minutes for a FP+ for a 10 min SB line. Why? to get a 4th FP+ you have to use or have expire your 3rd and our third that day was The Land. So at 11:10 we have a choice wait until 11:30 for our FP+ to begin, get off the ride at around Noon and get the 4th FP+ OR ride The Land with a 10 Min SB line get off around 11:30 and wait for the FP+ to expire at 12:30.

That is what I found so frustrating, the hurry up and wait. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter