No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m far from upset about this, but it is annoying to have to pack one more thing we didn’t used to have to pack. Not to mention, if I hadn’t read about it here I wouldn’t know I needed to pack it.

For the people who think it’s so ridiculous to be annoyed by this, would you feel the same if it was the shampoo/conditioner/body wash that was no longer complimentary?

No we bring our own soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.

Omg. Bring your own. I literally can’t believe you are so upset about this...

This is obviously not about lotion, it is about a stretch of time recently where Disney has been raising prices across the board, and implemented new fees, while cutting back on multiple offerings, if you are OK with this, that's fine, I am not.

Even though I never park a car at my resort I was very upset at the implementation of resort parking fees and voiced that displeasure to Disney. I, like many others, received a call back from George Kalogridis' office. His office was clear that this was to bring Disney resorts in line with industry standards, a refrain that many people on these boards were fed. This, to me, goes directly against that line that I was given.

I can easily put lotion in my quart sized bag when I travel to WDW, that's not the issue I have with this change.

This is obviously not about lotion, it is about a stretch of time recently where Disney has been raising prices across the board, and implemented new fees, while cutting back on multiple offerings, if you are OK with this, that's fine, I am not.

Even though I never park a car at my resort I was very upset at the implementation of resort parking fees and voiced that displeasure to Disney. I, like many others, received a call back from George Kalogridis' office. His office was clear that this was to bring Disney resorts in line with industry standards, a refrain that many people on these boards were fed. This, to me, goes directly against that line that I was given.

I can easily put lotion in my quart sized bag when I travel to WDW, that's not the issue I have with this change.

Apparently is was about lotion to you. Your complaint that your feet dry out and you absolutely cannot do without. Sure sounds like it has to do with lotion to me...

Apparently is was about lotion to you. Your complaint that your feet dry out and you absolutely cannot do without. Sure sounds like it has to do with lotion to me...

My first line, from my first comment, was about the departure from the 'industry standard' that Disney was relying on during the parking fee issue. I also added in that comment that because I use the lotion on my feet and don't normally pack lotion due to not needing it at any other hotel, this was extra annoying for me, a lotion user. My second comment was about how this had less to do with lotion than my issue with Disney's recent changes. My first concern was, and is, Disney's recent decisions, the lotion removal only being the most recent of these.

My first line, from my first comment, was about the departure from the 'industry standard' that Disney was relying on during the parking fee issue. I also added in that comment that because I use the lotion on my feet and don't normally pack lotion due to not needing it at any other hotel, this was extra annoying for me, a lotion user. My second comment was about how this had less to do with lotion than my issue with Disney's recent changes. My first concern was, and is, Disney's recent decisions, the lotion removal only being the most recent of these.

I really don’t think we can compare Disney to an industry standard. No other hotels or motels that I know of sit in the middle of several Disney parks. This sets them apart to be able to do things different.

I'm gobsmacked that people rely on there being a miniscule bottle of lotion to use. I just can't imagine saying "no need to bring my own toiletries...the hotel's teeny bottle of xyz will be all I use". And unless it is a brand I use everyday at home I am not changing brands on vacation (and especially not to that gross sea marine stuff Disney has...yuck).

Looks like everyone will have to do like me and bring their own.

Dink coffee? Use a hair dryer? Need more than 1 towel for your stay? I don't need them so screw everyone else right? Lol

I travel roughly 120 days a year and I have never stayed in a hotel that doesn't offer lotion. I would suspect a decent amount of people bring their own. Do you also bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and soap I suspect as well?

I really don’t think we can compare Disney to an industry standard. No other hotels or motels that I know of sit in the middle of several Disney parks. This sets them apart to be able to do things different.

On this we totally agree, that's why I didn't appreciate it when that's the line that George Kalogridis' office was using to everyone who complained about resort parking fees being instituted. I also offered them a nice list of industry standard items that other hotels offer my husband and myself as frequent travelers, starting with frequent guest programs that allow you to earn free nights and ensure that you have a pre-selected welcome gift in your room :rolleyes1 . I was never holding them to an industry standard, that was their line.

Hmmm... industry standard. Residence Inn, Burlington, MA offers free parking, free breakfast, and in-room amenities including coffee maker, coffee/tea, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, shower cap, makeup remover towelettes. Best Western, S. Portland, ME, offered the same things. I think "industry standard" is Disney's code-speak/excuse for "We're gonna do whatever we want because we know people will keep coming, and keep paying, regardless of what we charge or do." JMO, of course.

Dink coffee? Use a hair dryer? Need more than 1 towel for your stay? I don't need them so screw everyone else right? Lol

I travel roughly 120 days a year and I have never stayed in a hotel that doesn't offer lotion. I would suspect a decent amount of people bring their own. Do you also bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and soap I suspect as well?

Of course . I also don't use the rinky dink hair dryer hotels supply, and we don't drink coffee. We never go through more than the towels the room has at check-in either (there are only 2 of us).

Of course . I also don't use the rinky dink hair dryer hotels supply, and we don't drink coffee. We never go through more than the towels the room has at check-in either (there are only 2 of us).

Do you have any helpful comments? Good for you if you don’t mind the ammentites of a camp ground while paying several hundred dollars per night.....

For future trips, you can bring a travel sized lotion (from like Bath and Body Works or similar) and use that on your feet. An easy solution for the future, but that doesn't help anyone who is there now and needs lotion.
I'm sure the pp understands that they CAN bring anything they want. I think you did not understand their post. They were not looking for a "solution," they were explaining that theu don't like/agree with Disneys choice to not provide simple toiletries like most other hotels.

What is your point? I'm sure we all do things very differently than another, but the universe doesn't and shouldn't revolve around 1 person. While I personally don't really like Disney's brand of toiletries; I can certainly understand and have empathy for someone who's disappointed in that decline.

Is this real life? Yes, of course we can bring lotion with us. But if I’m paying between 400-500 a night on average for a deluxe resort a small bottle of lotion should be provided. Or if it’s an eco friendly issue, provide the big bottles like they do for shampoo and conditioner at some hotels. This is just one more thing being taken away while prices continue to rise. It’s not ok, and I wish people would stop acting like it is so maybe these cheap and unacceptable changes would stop being made.....
100% You've got to give it to Disney though; they sure do know how to get more and more out of EVERYTHING. Ppl. are constantly happily paying for stuff that used to be free (myself included unfortunately at times)...manipulation at its finest.

What is your point? I'm sure we all do things very differently than another, but the universe doesn't and shouldn't revolve around 1 person. While I personally don't really like Disney's brand of toiletries; I can certainly understand and have empathy for someone who's disappointed in that decline.

I was answering a question.

Do you have any helpful comments? Good for you if you don’t mind the ammentites of a camp ground while paying several hundred dollars per night.....

I believe the most helpful comment offered so far was from someone who suggested bringing your own toiletries in the future. My post was simply surprise that so many relied on those products.

At this point, the only thing (aside from bringing your own) that can be done is to write to guest services or Mr. Kalogridis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter