NJ DIS Meet Weekend for Give Kids the World - April 26-28! The TOTAL is IN!

We'll be there too!

We have 30 rooms booked!
A total of 55 people will be having fun at the Hilton Garden Inn!! :cool1:

9368a98f-66c2-42dc-a86b-45429a69f9ff_zpsae7fb7e3.jpg

We have over 100 items that are boxed, bagged, and ready for our silent auction and "tricky tray" style raffle!!!

Ooooohhhh, I love me a tricky tray!!!! :woohoo:

NikkiBell-

I know it's short notice but if you are interested I have 2 different limited edition art prints I've made that I would love to donate to the auctions. Please let me know and I would be more then happy to bring them to the meet. One is based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the other is based on Tron: Legacy.

Steve- I just sent you a facebook friend request. Once you accept, I will invite you to see the pictures.

See you next weekend!

We'll be there too!

We have 30 rooms booked!
A total of 55 people will be having fun at the Hilton Garden Inn!! :cool1:

We Are not booked in the group, as were using points. But will be there Saturday night!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WOW.....

Next week at this time, we will be playing Bingo and getting ready for lunch with a lot of friends.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

P.S. It is going to be a long week feeling, isn't it???

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???? Bring your checkbook - the 2012 New York Jets schedule is out. One of the silent auction items is a laser autographed Jets football (donated by the Jets), a Chad Pennington action figure - AND 2 tickets to ANY home Jets game (with parking pass). Section 307, Row 14

2013 right?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone,
I have sent this info to everyone who signed up through eventzilla and provided an email address. Some of you did not- so I am posting here as well- just to make sure everyone gets this information before next weekend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The NJ DIS Meet is just days away now- we are putting all the finishing touches on everything so you will all have the best time possible.
I wanted to share a few reminders with everyone as you prepare to join us for Saturday’s event- or even the whole weekend!

Hilton Garden Inn-
For your GPS:
Hilton Garden Inn, 500 Promenade Boulevard, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

Your hotel room at the Hilton Garden Inn has a microwave and refrigerator- so you can bring beverages, snacks, breakfast, etc. if you wish.
They do have a small breakfast-for-purchase area that is open from 7:30-11:00am.
Continental all-you-can-eat breakfast is $7.95/person. And a hot all-you-can-eat breakfast (with eggs, etc.) is $10.95/person.
There is no lounge or restaurant available for dinner, etc. Just breakfast. But there are quite a few options in the immediate vicinity- and we have prepared a list to help you which you will receive when you check in.

Friday Activity-
Game Night starts at 7pm. Please enjoy dinner in the area beforehand or on your way to the area. There will be a registration table here and you will be able to check in for the entire weekend’s activities. If you ordered a Meet T-shirt, you will get it on Friday night.
You will also get a name tag that you will use for the whole weekend. If you have a favorite lanyard from WDW, the Cruise Line, DIS Unplugged or wherever- please bring it. Don’t worry if you don’t have one- we will have some generic white lanyards available for you.
1. Name that Disney Tune is first up. You can play alone or in groups. Matt D has prepared a nice list of song stumpers for everyone!
2. Next is Bunco! This is a fun way to meet new people. It is fast moving and you’ll get to talk to all of the players at some point in the game. It’s an easy to play and no pressure game. If you choose not to play- feel free to mingle and snack while the Bunco crowd plays.
3. Last on the agenda for Friday is the Tastykake Eating contest!!! Our 4 contestants have been in training- and are ready to consume as many Butterscotch Krimpets as possible in 3 minutes. Choose your contestant and place your bets. 100% of your wager goes right to Give Kids the World!! This is sure to be a FUN event to watch. Good luck to Greg, Kevin, Matt and Kim!!

We will have snacks available at the event, but we are asking you to bring your own non-alcoholic beverage if you want more than water. To keep costs down, we elected not to pay $8/person for soft drinks. This way we raise more money for Give Kids the World! We hope you understand! :)

Saturday
The Main Event starts at 12:00 noon. If you checked in on Friday- you’re good to go.
For your GPS:
Somerville Elks Lodge, 375 Union Avenue, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

If Saturday is your only event- there will be a registration table in the lobby at the Elks Lodge starting at 11:30am. You will receive your name tags, raffle tickets, t-shirts and more. We ask that everyone arrive early enough to check in before noon.
At noon- we will open the doors to our event!! First thing to do is choose your seats (no assigned seating- but we will have plenty of room for everyone). Then, you can play DIS Bingo (in your check in packet) and start browsing and bidding on the auction items right away!
Lunch will be served at 1:00- so you have a whole hour to check out the auction, buy more tickets and meet new friends.
The Podcast starts at 2:30. At this time, ALL bidding for the raffle and auctions ENDS. So make sure you buy your extra tickets early and make your choices for your favorite items. You can bid during lunch as well- either before your table is called or after you have finished eating.
Raffle tickets will be available for: 5 for $5, 12 for $10, 20 for $15, 30 for $20

Please remember to bring CASH or CHECKS for all purchases. We will not be able to process credit cards (saves more money for GKTW!!)

At 3:30 we will post the winners of the Silent Auction prizes and start pulling winning tickets for the 120+ raffle items. Because we have a very limited time to get this done, please make sure you are in your seats and have your tickets ready. We will have volunteers running the prizes to you as quickly as possible.
The event ends at 5:00pm. You are free to get dinner anywhere in the area.
If you are joining us for bowling- either as a bowler or spectator-plan to be at the Lanes around 7:00pm.

I'M BUSTING! SO SO SO EXCITED! You have all done such an amazing job organizing all these details!! Thank you so so much ahead of time! Ian and I are so excited. This is gonna rock our socks!

I am ready for the contest! Bring it on! You boys don't know who you are messing with!!! ;)

I have an OCD Mom question. Will there be a "kids area" I am only concerned about the recording of the Podcast. There is no way he could sit quietly through an hour recording. If I am with him in a separate area, will I still be able to hear the podcast? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter