Nick, Marie, The Diva's & Me!! Finally Finished 10-20-13!!

Great update. Its keeping me calm before we go. We can't wait to go into Beasts library as it was closed last time we went.

Long time lurker who just officially registered today, and I have to say I love following your trip report. It seems like you have had such a great trip so far, and I look forward to hearing the rest!

Laurie,

Did you manage to get any pictures of the morning offerings in the concierge lounge? We are considering doing it January and I am tring to justify the expense to myself.:goodvibes

Laurie,

Did you manage to get any pictures of the morning offerings in the concierge lounge? We are considering doing it January and I am tring to justify the expense to myself.:goodvibes

I don't think we did......we didn't really take advantage of the food in there like we should have. There were pastries and fresh fruit.....but I don't remember if they had hot food options.

I don't think we did......we didn't really take advantage of the food in there like we should have. There were pastries and fresh fruit.....but I don't remember if they had hot food options.

Okie dokie! Thank you!

One of my favorites~~~BALOO!!!!

That picture is so good! I'm thinking we may do several character meals....what time was this brunch? I like the idea of doing a brunch and eating 2 meals that day. Is Baloo always at Goofy's Kitchen? We've not seen him before on our visits to WDW.

All of those Goofy's food pictures make me miss it there even more (and I'm still so bummed out that I missed it this past December)!
I'm hungry! And I'm going to be in trouble. We're (meaning ME) trying to go with a Paleo type diet. Mainly avoiding preservatives, dairy, and gluten. Thinking to myself....what shall I enjoy if this diet continues? I'm felt remarkably healthier and rarely get stomach aches now.

By the way, your Fantasmic! dessert package info is coming in handy - it's not something I've done or would even really be interested in, but it turns out that a few people in the Christmas Superthread are planning to book it for their upcoming holiday trips. So even though this particular TR you're working on now is not a holiday TR, I just linked one of the posts in it (about the F! package) in the Superthread because people were asking about how many days out you can book. I knew you had recently posted about it, so I quickly pulled up your TR, found the link to the F! section on the first page and copied it! Very, very helpful!:worship:
Guessing I'll be foregoing this diet because I want to do the Fantasmic Dessert Package.....and I'm not seeing anything gluten free in that box :rolleyes1

That picture is so good! I'm thinking we may do several character meals....what time was this brunch? I like the idea of doing a brunch and eating 2 meals that day. Is Baloo always at Goofy's Kitchen? We've not seen him before on our visits to WDW.

They open early am and run until around 1 or 2pm. They close for a couple hours and then reopen for dinner.

I've seen Baloo here about half the times I've come......the characters do switch around. I've always seen him for the brunch and never during the dinner hours.

I'm hungry! And I'm going to be in trouble. We're (meaning ME) trying to go with a Paleo type diet. Mainly avoiding preservatives, dairy, and gluten. Thinking to myself....what shall I enjoy if this diet continues? I'm felt remarkably healthier and rarely get stomach aches now.

Guessing I'll be foregoing this diet because I want to do the Fantasmic Dessert Package.....and I'm not seeing anything gluten free in that box :rolleyes1

I'm doing the Paleo (I already had issues with gluten & dairy.......) so this was an easy thing for me to embrace. I don't follow it exclusively, but try to use it as a guide. Since giving up gluten (75% of the time) and dairy (most of the time).......I've lost 20 lbs and my fibromyalgia isn't near as painful as it used to be. So if I eat good......I feel good (who'd a thought........lol)

As for the Fantasmic dessert box......there are grapes!! :rotfl2: Other than that.......lots of gluten stuff! I do it anyways for the seat!

So what did you think of the desserts? After glancing at your menu I thought the pear dessert sounded interesting and something I'd like to try :)

I loved the pear dessert here....... light & not too sweet.

Did the picture turn into the Beast before your eyes? It does this in the WEst Wing at Be Our Guest REstaurant at Magic Kingdom. Your pictures are really making me excited for our trip in December!

Yes it does......it's a fun place to look around. You even see the rose petals dropping.

I have enjoyed your trip report very much. (Sidenote- I also have a son named Nick :))

More trip report, please !:worship:

I have enjoyed your trip report very much. (Sidenote- I also have a son named Nick :))

More trip report, please !:worship:

Thank you!! This post actually motivated me to get on & finish our last day!!

It's not like me to not finish these.

Well after a very LONG break from this report.......I thought I should get on here & try to finish this up. So here goes.........

Our last day~~March 3, 2013.

We started our day at Surf's Up.....which was very convenient since it was just downstairs!

We stopped to see Mickey for our Photopass picture and then seated. At this time you are free to get up and help yourself to the buffet. Here were a couple of our plates.

Mickey was playing peek-a-boo!

We'd been sitting for 35 minutes & had not had one character come to our table, so I mentioned it to our waitress. We finally got Minnie to stop by.

Next was Stitch. After a couple pics......they were calling for everyone to come to the front to dance with the characters.....so Stitch grabbed Marie's hand & took her up to dance beside him......lol

After they got done, Pluto came to visit us.

One of Minnie posing for the camera!

Stitch came back & did some fist bumping with Nick.

And the last character was Daisy!!

So after waiting for characters......we then ended up with Photopass losing our photo package. We had the Photopass+ so we get the photo package for free. It took an hour & 10 mins. for them to locate it. We were disappointed with our experience this time. This is usually one of my favorites. The manager did discount our meal by 10% so that was appreciated. Our waitress was very good and tried hard to fix all the problems.

After breakfast, we hung out at the gift shop waiting for Marie's brother, SIL & nephew to come & pick her up. She was going to spend the day with them. They live in San Diego & were driving up to see her. She hadn't seen them in over a year.

Once she was picked up, Nick & I ran up to the room to drop off our photo package from Surf's Up. I took this time to get pictures of the Walk in Walt's Footstep's Tour collectors pin Nick & Marie got. These are very nice!

We then head to DTD to pick up a few things at RideMakerz and World of Disney. Since we didn't want to carry all that stuff around, Nick did a dash back to the hotel to drop off our stuff while I waited for him in DTD.

When Nick got back, we headed to Disneyland. We needed to stop by the Photo Shop to add the Diva group picture to my Photopass+ card. While doing that we realized our Minnie & Friends photo was missing. After some searching.....they finally found it & added it to our account too.

We went to ToonTown and rode Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures that weren't seriously blurry.

Next we decided to try something new (for me......).....we went to Innoventions. I took a couple pics of the Matterhorn before heading inside.

Inside the building.

We went & watched the ASIMO show. Cute little robot!

A couple pics from the House of the Future.

The Innoventions Sign.

Well, I kinda know why I hadn't gone before......it's not really my thing. A good place to escape the heat but not really something I would put on the agenda in the future.

After leaving Innoventions, we rode Space Mountain.

Our on ride photo:

We exited the ride & then went and watched Captain EO.

Our next stop was Star Tours. We went to Hath, saw Darth Vader, saw Yoda & went to the Underwater Planet (Naboo??). Always fun!

We were starting to head towards Critter Country when Marie called. She was already back. I think the nephew was causing problems (he's a young toddler) and the parents decided it would be best to just head home. So we waited for Marie to join us at Disneyland. We went to Jolly Holiday for some lunch.

Some of the goodies they have.

Nick & I shared the Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese.

Marie had the Strawberry Tart.

Nick had a Cinnamon Twist.

I had a Sugar Cookie.

This duck was resting in the landscaping as we ate.

We did a little shopping in the Candy Palace and headed back to the hotel to drop off our goodies (and uneaten treats), grab jackets & then head to DCA for the rest of the day.

We went to DCA and picked up a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. Since we had a little time, we went down to Paradise Pier. Nick & Marie got in line for California Screamin'. I hung out on the pier. While waiting for the kids to show up on the coaster, I noticed Aurora coming outside of Ariel's Grotto Restaurant.

Nick & Marie are in the back row of California Screamin'

As they did the loop!

Their on ride photo:

We headed back to CarsLand and saw Mater!!

We rode Luigi's Flying Tires.

Rode Radiator Springs Racers.

We stayed to watch the neon light up CarsLand.

We headed back out towards Buena Vista Street. We wandered thru the Elias & Co. store (and the ones attached & across the street) looking for Jessica (one of the Divas)......but we never did find her. I got this of the entry as we left the park.

We headed towards Downtown Disney.

At the Lego Store.

We picked up dinner at Earl of Sandwich and took it back to the hotel to eat it. I can't remember what everyone ordered.....I had the Caprese Sandwich....YUM!

Nick & Marie headed back to the parks and I stayed at the hotel. A fellow Dis'er was going to be showing up for her honeymoon & we got to meet up for a few minutes down in the PPH lobby. Teki (aka Sid) and her husband Jerod.

She even brought me a gift!! I love the frame!!

Back in my room, I took a picture of Nick & Marie's picture from Mickey & Minnie.

I finished up packing & then caught the fireworks from the small balcony at the end of the hallway. (Nick & Marie watched them from the park)

I went back to the room & watched World of Color one last time from our window. Then I called it a day.

I don't have any notes about the next day......we grabbed a bite from the concierge lounge, headed downstairs & got a cab back to the John Wayne Airport. I only took one picture that day......this was from the air!

So all I have left to add is the rest of the photopass pictures! I will try & get that done in a little bit. Thank you to those that are STILL reading this report & I apologize for not finishing this in a timely manner. That's not usually how I do it!

Photopass Pics......decided to try & get these done now....so I don't get distracted and forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter