News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel like those of us going in the summer (especially the beginning of summer....) might be the guinea pigs for whatever announcements/changes are coming so they can prepare for the 50th. :scared1:

You know, I've been feeling the same way! I'm going the 3rd week of June and I feel like we're going to be sandwiched between easing restrictions and having enough stuff open. I live in NE and the analogy I used for my husband was going to the White Mountains in mud season, kinda in between what you can do for either winter and spring/summer but sometimes you get great deals! (That last part doesn't really apply, of course...)

You know, I've been feeling the same way! I'm going the 3rd week of June and I feel like we're going to be sandwiched between easing restrictions and having enough stuff open. I live in NE and the analogy I used for my husband was going to the White Mountains in mud season, kinda in between what you can do for either winter and spring/summer but sometimes you get great deals! (That last part doesn't really apply, of course...)
We are headed down for the week after July 4th - so, I am hoping any major adjustments will be made by July 4th or right after.

For those going in October, especially with the ‘big announcement’ tomorrow, just a heads up, it seems as if Park Passes were replenished for October if you want to get a head start...

View attachment 573225

If they were to increase capacity, it would show up as... more available park reservations. A few days ago @mrsap posted an apparent reservation drop like this for the whole month of July as well.

What if; capacity has already been increased starting 7/4, they're just about to announce it.

Hopefully - the 4th is a big holiday so you'd think they'd try to have things going as smoothly as possible by then! Unfortunately, we can't change our dates so we'll make the best of things!
Agree - the July 4th Holiday will be WDW's first "big test" with increased crowds and possibly new in park reduced measures. Disney will need to gauge how things are going leading up to Oct.

Agree - the July 4th Holiday will be WDW's first "big test" with increased crowds and possibly new in park reduced measures. Disney will need to gauge how things are going leading up to Oct.

I completely agree - I would imagine their long-term planning for the 50th didn't involve a lengthy shutdown and public health restrictions, so they really will need to test things. We've been enough that we feel like we can roll with the punches and if we miss something, it's okay - we're just happy to be together and having fun - although I am hopeful that @mrsap will do more enchanted Disney-opening dances over the next few weeks and shake some things loose! :rotfl:

I'm starting to feel like those of us going in the summer (especially the beginning of summer....) might be the guinea pigs for whatever announcements/changes are coming so they can prepare for the 50th. :scared1:
This is my current anxiety! I'm worried our trip will be right when they start increasing capacity without enough attractions to swallow the people!

I guess we’ll know for sure on May 13th, if and when any official announcements are made by Disney. So much we can speculate about, as far as changes to social distancing, increasing capacity, etc., but I definitely don’t want to go too far down that road when we have so many great current news announcements we can be talking about!!! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter