News Round Up 2020

Reminds me .. I still haven't watched last episode of Imagineering because I heard it had spoilers of Rise of the Resistance. Heh .. who knows when I will get to see Rise now, so maybe it is time to watch it and feel the magic.

I am way against spoilers and haven't ridden ROTR yet. Waiting for July. However, I did watch the episode. It wasn't much different than pictures and commercials. I also was working on my laptop, so kind of ignored that part a bit. You should be fine.

It has been on and off for the last few days. It dipped down to 79 a couple days back, then was back up to around 95 the next day. It's a great time to buy, to be honest.

I have a knack for buying when it's high. I bought a few weeks ago :rotfl2: But I'm in it for the long term. We put in the max one year to our son's 529 a few weeks before Lehman Brothers crashed. It would have been safer in a mattress:sad2: However, his 529 earnings, not principle, has double since. Not going to bother looking at it right now. He's still got a few years.

Just posted this on the Disney+ thread, too, but don't get too excited just yet. Original source is SlashFilm, which isn't always credible. I'd wait until another source like Variety or Hollywood Reporter confirms before 100% buying into it.

I've heard its confirmed that Ahsoka is in S2 but that the casting may still just be a rumor. Though, I do think she is a perfect fit

Just thrilled Ahsoka is in it!

That muppet clip was so depressing as a child I don't even have to watch it, it's seared in my brain. 10 times more depressing than the song.

I don't find it that depressing. I really wish they could show the original Muppet Show on D+. I grew up on those and have really fond memories. I think the Jim Croce Time in a Bottle one is the one that makes me tear just thinking about it. Although, I often tear up when I think of Rainbow Connection. My favorite is Linda Ronstadt. If you haven't listened to/read the Henson biography, it's really good and very enlightening. His cause of death is actually pretty timely right now.

If I'm understanding this though they are just closing but not removing guests from the property? Or am I reading that wrong.

It says it's closed from March 25th-March 31st so that's quite a short closure (I anticipate an extension)
Today’s update has the resort fully closing. As of yesterday the resort would still be open.

Today’s update has the resort fully closing. As of yesterday the resort would still be open.
Right but are they kicking people out? As in go find somewhere else to stay just not here? Or is it just outside visitors and incoming Aulani guests can't come?

Sorry I might just be confused here lol. It's been a long day already.

To circle back to the Ahsoka news, Hollywood Reporter is now saying that her introduction in S2 of Mando is a backdoor pilot for her own series. So it seems that the follow up to Rebels may be live action. It's a small snippet about half way down the page under "Action New":

https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/view/5d72bf807e55540ee8500a04bs4qx.bbr/63f7bdcf

That's not surprising. You aren't getting Rosario Dawson to play Ashoka Tano for a one-episode guest spot. I was thinking that we would be more likely to see her in Obi-Wan, so maybe that's where she'll go next.

That's not surprising. You aren't getting Rosario Dawson to play Ashoka Tano for a one-episode guest spot. I was thinking that we would be more likely to see her in Obi-Wan, so maybe that's where she'll go next.

Edit: we've been doing a "chronological watch of the star wars movies and in watching Revenge of the Sith for the first time, it never actually states anywhere that all the Jedi are dead BTW. In fact a plot point has Yoda and Obi-Wan changing the transmission from the Jedi temple to warn Jedi away from Corascant (sp?). So it is quite possible there could be other Jedi out there in hiding besides just Ashoka, Yoda, and Obi-Wan. (And yes I know Ashoka isn't technically a Jedi.)

Right but are they kicking people out? As in go find somewhere else to stay just not here? Or is it just outside visitors and incoming Aulani guests can't come?

Sorry I might just be confused here lol. It's been a long day already.
I think it’s very much like how the WDW resorts were operated. Announce closure and allow guests to make plans to leave and also not allow new guests to come. I believe by March 24th the entire resort will be closed then.

I don't find it that depressing. I really wish they could show the original Muppet Show on D+. I grew up on those and have really fond memories. I think the Jim Croce Time in a Bottle one is the one that makes me tear just thinking about it. Although, I often tear up when I think of Rainbow Connection. My favorite is Linda Ronstadt. If you haven't listened to/read the Henson biography, it's really good and very enlightening. His cause of death is actually pretty timely right now.
I love the Muppets. I fondly remember watching the original series with my dad. I have the series on dvd and watch them with my children when they were little. Most translated well, but I will never forget their reaction to the George Burns episode. They thought he was going to fall over dead then and there from all his smoking.

I love the Muppets. I fondly remember watching the original series with my dad. I have the series on dvd and watch them with my children when they were little. Most translated well, but I will never forget their reaction to the George Burns episode. They thought he was going to fall over dead then and there from all his smoking.
This was my all time favorite lunch box that I owned when in elementary school...
.B6FC7FD1-DF39-49FC-A3CF-A39C7704DF9F.jpeg

Theres a 4 year old running around my house........starting at 6:15am. I’ll spend $20 for a two hour break

I doubt your 4 year old will want to watch the whole movie. If he likes to run around like you say I don’t see him sitting still for this movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter