News Round Up 2020

Alan Menken is on a celebrity live stream tonight, he said while production is stopped on his projects right now there will be four new songs in the live action little mermaid and he is involved with the Enchanted sequel Disenchanted.

i also saw that he announced Hercules will be the next Broadway show Disney produces, or was that already announced? I know they did the free park production last summer

Not Disney news but, Canada has just announced it won’t send any athletes to the Olympics unless they are Postponed by one year.

I’m wondering if this gives more insight into when they anticipate things getting back to a more normal routine?

Not a year away, but not quickly either.

no idea what this is, but now I want to see some competition for driving trams at Disney ... speed, obstacle course, maximum number of passengers, etc.
Trams used to have their fun moments, especially being on the back car being whipped around a turn (with no doors holding you in) while the front accelerated before the back finished the turn. Now, safety means it’s a blah experience.

Not Disney news but, Canada has just announced it won’t send any athletes to the Olympics unless they are Postponed by one year.

I’m wondering if this gives more insight into when they anticipate things getting back to a more normal routine?

Not a year away, but not quickly either.

I imagine it's not just the health of everyone but they can't currently train because facility's are closed. Also I think a lot of the teams still need to be determined because the qualifying events haven't happened yet. If they can't train enough and/or pick the teams how can you do the games?

i also saw that he announced Hercules will be the next Broadway show Disney produces, or was that already announced? I know they did the free park production last summer
I believe that was already announced.

The Hercules musical performed at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park in August/September, as of now I haven't seen any indications they'll bring it to Broadway (it got mixed reviews) but that can always change!

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/19682...driguez-more-go-the-distance-in-central-park/

Watching European Tram Driver Championship on ESPN :).

I may have you beat - I watched the last few rounds (highly edited) of Headis last night. What is Headis you ask? Why, it’s table tennis...using only one’s head! 🤣 Granted, this was on The Ocho broadcast. I have to say, it was entertaining. I couldn’t have watched a complete round, but what they showed was just enough.

I would watch the original Battle of the Network Stars if they put that on.

YES! Also, would love to see the Football Follies!!!

Alan Menken is on a celebrity live stream tonight, he said while production is stopped on his projects right now there will be four new songs in the live action little mermaid and he is involved with the Enchanted sequel Disenchanted.
I recently saw Enchanted for the first time. Very cute movie. Looking forward to a sequel. Live Little Mermaid? Not so much. I have a feeling it will come off as pretty fake, like Aladin, frankly. Gotta say that live-action BnB was pretty good though.

I recently saw Enchanted for the first time. Very cute movie. Looking forward to a sequel. Live Little Mermaid? Not so much. I have a feeling it will come off as pretty fake, like Aladin, frankly. Gotta say that live-action BnB was pretty good though.

We need to see Enchanted.

The Live Little Mermaid was horrendous. Not sure how you can compare that to the Aladdin remake which was very good and in production for a sequel.

We need to see Enchanted.

The Live Little Mermaid was horrendous. Not sure how you can compare that to the Aladdin remake which was very good and in production for a sequel.

This is a different Live Action Little Mermaid which hasn't been shot yet - it was scheduled to start filming this week but is now on indefinite hiatus. The previous version was just a TV special made to celebrate the film's 30th anniversary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter